* * * * - 37 votes

The Steam Deals Thread v10

steam steam deals cards steam cards gaben pc steambox

#7801 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21167 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:19 AM

I'm glad I didn't get suckered into the EJS DLC.

This lame sale made me go to the darkside. Just bought Guacamelee from PSN, had fun for the few minutes/tutorial.  The music is great.  

#7802 spoderman  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:23 AM

Gravi sort of sucks. It's a precision platformer where you're a ball and the movement is heavily physics/gravity based. Movement feels imprecise. The difficulty curve is all over the place. It's ugly. The physics rarely seem consistent. I played through 30 of the 40 levels and found it to be a mostly unfortunate experience.

Exact same issue I had with it. The controls and physics suck.

#7803 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10530 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:27 AM

Physics based game with questionable physics.  Now where have I heard that before...?

#7804 asheskitty  

asheskitty

spoder, sucking the joy out of another $0.50 purchase ;)

#7805 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

wow now im pissed i bought that ESJ dlc. fuejifowjifondf

Physics based game with questionable physics.  Now where have I heard that before...?

Call of duty?

#7806 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5237 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

Both are worth your time, I weighed in on ESJ but a few posts above yours. Recettear you will like if you ever wondered what it would be like to work in an RPG's item shop with a scatterbrained anime girl who likes to go dungeon crawling ^_^

Um... SOLD!

Last question for now, is there any advantage to buying the ESJ bundle over buying the game and DLC separately? I can save a penny by buying them separate so I'm inclined to do so. I don't see any added content in the bundle so I'm going the split way. Always hoping for soundtracks when I can get them but I don't see it listed in the bundle.

#7807 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:36 AM

Um... SOLD!

Last question for now, is there any advantage to buying the ESJ bundle over buying the game and DLC separately? I can save a penny by buying them separate so I'm inclined to do so. I don't see any added content in the bundle so I'm going the split way. Always hoping for soundtracks when I can get them but I don't see it listed in the bundle.

Hardcore CAGs buy separately and save the penny.  (No disadvantage to buying piecemeal, many steam bundles for a game cost a penny or three more.)

#7808 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8802 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:38 AM

Um... SOLD!

The Bonus Content IS the soundtrack. Just that. And a stupid poster. Blargh.

#7809 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5237 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

The Bonus Content IS the soundtrack. Just that. And a stupid poster. Blargh.

I missed that somehow, I saw the extra levels listed. I just reread it again, that's a win for soundtracks. :)

#7810 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5438 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

On one account, I get three votes per day. The sale runs for 14 days. That's 42 (3 x 14) cards.

Now multiply that by four, because I'm doing this on my main and three others. 42 x 4 = 168.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Detruire is trying to inform you that you get 1 card per 3 votes; i.e. for a single account you will get 3 votes / day, thus 1 card / day... 14 days = 14 cards.

Multiply that by your 4 accounts, and you get 56 cards.  

:)

And now you know why I was never any good at math.

I'm gonna go and I dunno, work at a factory sewing buttons or something now.

Finally! :D/

#7811 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8802 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:44 AM

:)

Finally! :D/

Fuck =; :spam:

#7812 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

Fuck =; :spam:

perhaps you should work at a spam factory?

#7813 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5438 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

I wish I didn't buy it. It's just the soundtrack and a poster. The description is stupid and makes it seem like there's added levels/bosses, but that's in the base game.

Blah. I think this is actually the first time that I've felt cheated/lied to buying something on Steam.

#7814 Eldredpe   Disconcerted CAGiversary!   2569 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:46 AM

The randomness of the way the physics worked actually did make me think of Bad Rats numerous times while playing.

#7815 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1932 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:53 AM

I missed that somehow, I saw the extra levels listed. I just reread it again, that's a win for soundtracks. :)

FWIW, the ESJ soundtrack is fantastic and well worth $0.70 if you don't already have it.

#7816 spoderman  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:57 AM

FWIW, the ESJ soundtrack is fantastic and well worth $0.70 if you don't already have it.

Yeah, if I didn't have the soundtrack from Groupees, I wouldn't mind it too much.

The only thing the DLC includes that I didn't have is a stupid poster, lol.

#7817 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:11 AM

In the long run, it only set you back one snow globe.  I wonder what will happen to their prices once millions of Steam users get their third vote globes in a few hours.

#7818 spoderman  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:13 AM

In the long run, it only set you back one snow globe.  I wonder what will happen to their prices once millions of Steam users get their third vote globes in a few hours.

That's why I sold my card off before the 3rd vote. Could end up backfiring on me, who knows what'll happen.

#7819 BigShowB3  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:16 AM

I'm actually beginning to wonder something.  Does anyone know how many cards are put back into rotation after they're crafted?  So, if everyone's crafting badges right now to get globes, will eventually a number of packs go out to everyone to match the cards that were crafted?  Or does say only 2 cards come back for every 10 that are gone?  I've been selling cards because they're going for high prices, but I wonder if they're going to go even higher post holiday sale once the market has been completely exhausted from all these cards being consumed...

#7820 spoderman  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:19 AM

The ESJ dev posted this about the new DLC:

Hello everyone! I apologize for anyone being confused!

I *would* like to include something about the new levels & such, but for now I've just axed the whole paragraph, to prevent further confusion.

I'll rewrite the whole thing tomorrow, when my brain is working fully! XD

@foxhack, Don't worry about the devs losing money! (I mean, thanks!) But we don't want money from people being misled! :)

@spoderman, Yeah, sorry. Steam doesn't let us touch the money/refunds side of things. :( Bummer, I know.

- Michael

Edit: You know, there IS something I can do. It'll take a bit of my time for the next few weeks (might delay our next DLC for a bit), but I can make some new levels... and update them for free into the DLC. So if you bought the DLC for new levels, I can make THAT come true! :)

#7821 Berzerkerone  

Berzerkerone

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:20 AM

Jumped on the Carpe Fulgur Collection, but bought them individually to save a penny. Does that verify my cheapness? lol

#7822 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

I'm actually beginning to wonder something.  Does anyone know how many cards are put back into rotation after they're crafted?  So, if everyone's crafting badges right now to get globes, will eventually a number of packs go out to everyone to match the cards that were crafted?  Or does say only 2 cards come back for every 10 that are gone?  I've been selling cards because they're going for high prices, but I wonder if they're going to go even higher post holiday sale once the market has been completely exhausted from all these cards being consumed...

Steam generates a pack of three cards for every three that are consumed when crafting a badge.  If a badge takes nine cards, three packs are created and distributed.  I don't know personally how non-multiples of three are handled, but I'd assume that one badge of five cards would generate one pack and the next two.

#7823 BigShowB3  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:38 AM

Steam generates a pack of three cards for every three that are consumed when crafting a badge.  If a badge takes nine cards, three packs are created and distributed.  I don't know personally how non-multiples of three are handled, but I'd assume that one badge of five cards would generate one pack and the next two.

OK, sounds like they'll all come back in some capacity then.  In other words, sell while the gettings good.

#7824 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

Oh bleh just when I was feeling vindicated about not buying the damned thing after almost, but not quite, getting suckered in.

#7825 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5745 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

That. Is seriously cool. 

#7826 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:00 AM

i just opened my triple town booster pack ive been trying to sell for months... got a foil!

#7827 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7670 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

How the hell do some of you have like 2,000 likes? Makes me feel so incompetent with my measly 278. I know I was gone for quite a while, but damn.

#7828 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8921 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

I like the top review for DayZ.

http://store.steampo...com/app/221100/

#7829 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10530 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

How the hell do some of you have like 2,000 likes? Makes me feel so incompetent with my measly 278. I know I was gone for quite a while, but damn.

Sarcasm.  Everyone likes sarcasm.  (Well, those that matter anyway.  It does tend to piss off some non-reg CAGs, though.)

#7830 Motiv  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

I like the top review for DayZ.

http://store.steampo...com/app/221100/

"i ate a rotten kiwi and died"  :rofl:

1,271 of 1,382 people (92%) found this review helpful