* * * * - 37 votes

The Steam Deals Thread v10

steam steam deals cards steam cards gaben pc steambox

#20971 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1656 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:19 AM

Hey Ashes -
You linked low-profile PS3 controller wrapper/driver at some point in the past. I remember you saying it was better than other options. I know I kept a link somewhere, but can't find it. Any chance you can tell me what the name/link was again?

My Xbox Controller is being a dick and I probably won't be able to get a replacement until sometime next week.

I use this one, and I have had no issues whatsoever.
http://forums.pcsx2....-DS2-Controller

#20972 BrownDerby   🐟 CAGiversary!   657 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

BrownDerby

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

I remember you saying it was better

Better DS3

uLNpWnq.png

#20973 - Glenn -  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:31 AM

I think that's the one.  Thanks!

#20974 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13552 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:55 AM

It's my game. I'm now a game developer. You will soon be able to buy into the early access of it on Steam for $100 $99.99. Don't want the riff-raff garbaging up the forum during the important Alpha testing. Not just anyone can simulate playing a simulator of all other simulators in an extreme way.

But the question is, will I be able to simulate driving an hour to cut down just one tree, then jump from rooftop to flooftop while finding company among the brawny native gents with their succulent fruits?

Also, you should call it Motoki Simulator.

#20975 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:20 AM

Just got this in my email.

2ed1f92.jpg

Apparently not only is Age of Barbarian now on Desura but there's also Age of Barbarian Arena too in case you wanted to kick your friends' asses while wearing a thong.

vxlmxh.jpg

I hope this means it will be showing up in an Indie Bundle soon. Definitely near the top of my want in a bundle but don't want to spend $10 on it list.

I'd vote for it in a hot minute if it ever gets added to Greenlight. The thing with Greenlight is no matter how trashy a game is it's guaranteed there are a hundred trashier ones a large portion of which will get in at some point.

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#20976 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3997 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:37 AM

Been playing BL2 free weekend. Can't see much difference with BL1, but that's not a bad thing. Ended playing 2 hours straight on single player, having some fun, so I think I'll buy the GOTY when it goes at -75%

#20977 iSerra   With the new day comes new thoughts CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:59 AM

Anyone ever heard of Super Robot Wars? Too bad the game series never make it to PC and only exclusive to consoles, it has almost every japanese animated robots in the game.

Tezikwi.png My sword sings more beautifully than any choir. Tezikwi.png

#20978 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:14 AM

Now, somebody recommend me a game where I can run around as a giant mech blowing stuff up.

:whee:

As was already recommended, Hawken is probably your best bet for a modern mech game. Square's crowdfunding platform also has one up which looks promising, but that's quite a ways off at this point. Something to watch anyway.

My favorite is still MechWarrior 3. I could never get very far in it, but always had great fun overloading my lasers at the helpless civilians (wait, was I not supposed to shoot them?).

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#20979 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2288 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:51 AM

Anyone ever heard of Super Robot Wars?

Yes, I have a few of the games.

It's the kind of thing that's near-impossible to bring to the US since the rights to all of the series (even those all under a single Japanese company) are owned by entirely different companies that licensed them for US localization and distribution.  (I'm still amazed we ever got Tatsunoko vs Capcom, honestly.)

#20980 MnemnocH   Cupcakes! CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:01 AM

Anyone ever heard of Super Robot Wars? Too bad the game series never make it to PC and only exclusive to consoles, it has almost every japanese animated robots in the game.

I used to play Super Robot Wars in PS1! I remember, its in jap language, I didn't understand anything about the story and its just a hit and miss on what a certain button will do. :wall:  But I definitely enjoy that game and we only rely on magazine for guides as internet is still not mainstream that time.

3dMark                                                         Origin ID: Mnemnoch_Caine              Uplay: mnemnoch1

uc.png   855108.png

#20981 ryangillam  

ryangillam

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

Aerena code

AE3VJ-W9NY6-GWH0B0

I-L 2

265G4-NV5AG-DD6JP

About the 8th code giveaway of mine thus far :( still everybody rejecting my entry when I enter their giveaway! Maybe one day. MAYBE!

#20982 The Sifu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:10 AM

Now, somebody recommend me a game where I can run around as a giant mech blowing stuff up.

Although I liked the older turn-based games in the series a bit more, Front Mission Evolved is still a fun mech game with some nice customization options.  I also enjoyed Transformers: War for Cybertron a lot more than I thought I would.

Posted Image

#20983 icefiretn   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icefiretn

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:46 AM

Aerena code

AE3VJ-W9NY6-GWH0B0

I-L 2

265G4-NV5AG-DD6JP

About the 8th code giveaway of mine thus far :( still everybody rejecting my entry when I enter their giveaway! Maybe one day. MAYBE!

Just to save people some time, looks like both were grabbed by someone.  Thanks for posting them though!

#20984 - Glenn -  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

Did anyone mention that Shadowgrounds has cards now?

#20985 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:21 AM

Hey Ashes - 

You linked low-profile PS3 controller wrapper/driver at some point in the past.  I remember you saying it was better than other options.  I know I kept a link somewhere, but can't find it.  Any chance you can tell me what the name/link was again?

My Xbox Controller is being a dick and I probably won't be able to get a replacement until sometime next week.

It was BetterDS3 which requires the driver from MiJ.

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#20986 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20002 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:24 AM

Spoder wasn't done idling for them yet or else he would have announced it.  

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#20987 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:32 AM

After 18 months in ye-old-backlog... I finally dusted off and beat Hydrophobia: Prophecy.  6GB of disk space have been reclaimed.

I beat it in four steam hours (probably 3-4 hours, discounting alt-tab/afk).  Um uh... well... They did a really nice job with the water effect (and at low computational cost.  As for the game... well the first 3/4 are a meh shooter with light puzzles.  The last quarter, gets more interesting since you finally get your damn water powers... which just felt underwhelming.  They have a semi-novel story idea but they just don't tell it well.

Well, I can finally say I've played it.  I don't wholly want my 3-4 hours back.. but they sure could have been spent playing a better game.

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#20988 - Glenn -  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:43 AM

It was BetterDS3 which requires the driver from MiJ.

Thanks!  I've bookmarked the pages in a place I can find them now.  I'll give it  shot tomorrow.

#20989 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8661 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:09 AM

After 18 months in ye-old-backlog... I finally dusted off and beat Hydrophobia: Prophecy.  6GB of disk space have been reclaimed.

I beat it in four steam hours (probably 3-4 hours, discounting alt-tab/afk).  Um uh... well... They did a really nice job with the water effect (and at low computational cost.  As for the game... well the first 3/4 are a meh shooter with light puzzles.  The last quarter, gets more interesting since you finally get your damn water powers... which just felt underwhelming.  They have a semi-novel story idea but they just don't tell it well.

Well, I can finally say I've played it.  I don't wholly want my 3-4 hours back.. but they sure could have been spent playing a better game.

And that's another game that will never get finished. Hydrophobia Prophecy was meant to be three episodes. Well since the game tanked, the studio closed.

#20990 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5160 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

Just got this in my email.

Apparently not only is Age of Barbarian now on Desura but there's also Age of Barbarian Arena too in case you wanted to kick your friends' asses while wearing a thong.

I hope this means it will be showing up in an Indie Bundle soon. Definitely near the top of my want in a bundle but don't want to spend $10 on it list.

I'd vote for it in a hot minute if it ever gets added to Greenlight. The thing with Greenlight is no matter how trashy a game is it's guaranteed there are a hundred trashier ones a large portion of which will get in at some point.

Is it just me or does this look like a sort of sleazy, HD upgrade to this:
Spoiler

As was already recommended, Hawken is probably your best bet for a modern mech game. Square's crowdfunding platform also has one up which looks promising, but that's quite a ways off at this point. Something to watch anyway.

My favorite is still MechWarrior 3. I could never get very far in it, but always had great fun overloading my lasers at the helpless civilians (wait, was I not supposed to shoot them?).

I still prefer the MechCommander series.

1819.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#20991 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10302 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

I don't wholly want my 3-4 hours back.. but they sure could have been spent playing a better game.

That pretty much sums it up for me.  It felt like the majority of the game could have been the opening tutorial level.  The last sliver wasn't too bad, but by that time, the damage was already done.  Like so many indies, it had potential...albeit wasted potential.

I'm a dad!

#20992 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2288 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

Spoiler

I look at that and question

Spoiler

#20993 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

After 18 months in ye-old-backlog...

Good gracious you've been beating a lot of games lately, are you feeling alright?

You might want to slow down, less accusations of being a fake CAG start getting thrown around :whee:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#20994 Carlmundo   Worthy Adversary CAGiversary!   1013 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:09 PM

Going to do a live stream tonight with a bunch of games (will let you know which ones soon) at 6pm GMT (3 hours time from this post).

Bit last minute but hopefully that's a good time for you Americans :)

EDIT: Games will be:

• FX Eleven
  • KAMI
  • Defender's Quest
  • Saturday Morning RPG
  • Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe
  • Driftmoon

#20995 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10224 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

Back in the day, I once went to some place where you climbed into a "cockpit" and controlled a mech in some ten (?) person battle royale video game in first person (each person in their own cockpit video game thingie).  It was fairly amusing except that you paid like $10 for the pleasure of having the die-hards beat the crap out of you while you tried to find the "launch missile" button.  And this was back in the early-mid 90's so $10 then was like... a hundred-gorillian dollars in today's money.

Been playing BL2 free weekend. Can't see much difference with BL1, but that's not a bad thing.

They cleaned up some game mechanics although I can't think of any off hand (it's been a while).  Mainly it just has a better plot than "Go find the vault because... umm... look, just go find the vault and shoot stuff, ok?" which makes it more enjoyable (to me) since you feel like you're progressing through something besides just experience levels.  That's for the single-player game of course -- shooting stuff with friends is its own reward.

#20996 - Glenn -  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

Back in the day, I once went to some place where you climbed into a "cockpit" and controlled a mech in some ten (?) person battle royale video game in first person (each person in their own cockpit video game thingie).  It was fairly amusing except that you paid like $10 for the pleasure of having the die-hards beat the crap out of you while you tried to find the "launch missile" button.  And this was back in the early-mid 90's so $10 then was like... a hundred-gorillian dollars in today's money.

You're not talking about Cybertroopers Virtual On are you?  I don't remember that being all that much money.. I do remember it being great though.  I also remember getting it for the Sega Saturn & it being a bit of a let-down without the twin joysticks like the arcade... but I still played the hell out of it.

#20997 louiedog   20 minutes into the future CAGiversary!   5646 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

Was it a BattleTech Center?

#20998 - Glenn -  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

I completely forgot BattleTech Center was a thing that existed.  I now remember always wanting to try it back then but never being able to.  I was a huge battletech (and other tabletop & pen&paper rpg) nerd back then (in addition to being a gamer) so BTC was right up my alley.  Unfortunately I grew up in NY & since the closest one was MN it never happened.

#20999 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

Are we supposed to mention that? I got bitched out once for mentioning that Ducktales added cards. Also I just watch whatever game Drabelincoln is idling and I know cards have been added because he never plays his games.

Oh and FWIW Cthulhu Saves the World is getting cards tomorrow (supposedly).

Going to do a live stream tonight with a bunch of games (will let you know which ones soon) at 6pm GMT (3 hours time from this post).

Bit last minute but hopefully that's a good time for you Americans :)

EDIT: Games will be:

• FX Eleven
  • KAMI
  • Defender's Quest
  • Saturday Morning RPG
  • Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe
  • Driftmoon

I notice you save the already bundled and cheap games for the giveaways you do when most Americans aren't actually at work while the Euro timed ones that are 11 AM PST on weekdays get all the nice shiny new stuff that most of us here don't already own.

Yes, I am entitled.  [-(

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#21000 spoderman  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

Also I just watch whatever game Drabelincoln is idling and I know cards have been added because he never plays his games.

That's the best way to figure out what games have cards added. Stalk Drabe.

GUtUP1U.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steam, steam deals, cards, steam cards, gaben, pc, steambox