Man of Steel Numbered Limited Edition Shield Case - $24.96 at Walmart

Havokscry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just came from Walmart looking for the 3D blu steel book and they couldn't locate it. I decided to get the limited set that Walmart has on their website for $40 and amazon has for $45. It rang up for $24.96!!! Limited to 50,000.

I got it, but I don't know where it's going to go :lol:  I have no space to display stuff like this.  I guess it will go in a closet with the ultimate collection I got for $35.

Thanks op awesome deal. I was going to pick up the vanilla one but for 6 more dollars ill go for the fancier one.

Got the last one and picked up Turbo bluray also.

How much was turbo? I saw it was going to be $10 at target on BF so I figured I would wait till then.

Yeah, the ad must be in error. It mentioned "Man of Steel 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy with Steel Book Packaging" for $24.96. I even looked at one of the store's planogram sheets and it had a slot for the 3D exclusive. Maybe that's why they dropped the price of the limited edition.

Mine had two left and I got one. 45346. It had a sale tag on it that said 11-12 - 11-12. Might be regular price tomorrow?

Walmart's site had "Availability Unknown" on all its store locators and the guy at Electronics somehow kept finding disc players instead of the actual product. At least after I corrected him that it was "Man of Steel" instead of "Man of Steal."

Couldn't find one in my city... called around to at least 5 different Walmarts.... all of them were out and said they only had about 2 copies

Settled for the 3D bluray pack at Target with the 10% Target cartwheel discount as well as using my friend who's a team member's discount to get a total of 20% off.... I'll take it as all I'm missing with the collector's edition is a bunch of extra stuff I really don't need but just wanted for the sake of having it since it was cheap lol

Got one. Was able to use the $10 gift card for trying to buy an $8 monitor during their website glitch. Out of pocket was $16.xx with tax. Thanks OP for the tip.

M

This code 45346, posted above, is this something I can call the store with and have them check stock?  My walmart is like a flea market with shit all over the place and employees not know whats going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of heading to walmart for the steel book but wanted some fellow CAGers opinions. I generally go for the 3D given the option but seeing as its Steelbook or 3D i thought I may make an exception as the SB may not be around long. 

Does anyone have some honest opinions on the 3D? The Blu-ray.com review was quite critical considering it was post conversion. Just finished the movie and though it was phenomenal for what I want, which is something I can watch with the kids.

Couldn't find one in my city... called around to at least 5 different Walmarts.... all of them were out and said they only had about 2 copies

Settled for the 3D bluray pack at Target with the 10% Target cartwheel discount as well as using my friend who's a team member's discount to get a total of 20% off.... I'll take it as all I'm missing with the collector's edition is a bunch of extra stuff I really don't need but just wanted for the sake of having it since it was cheap lol
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think this collector's edition has anything but the steel shield case.

Shockingly, my Walmart in Hastings, Nebraska still had two of these in stock as of yesterday afternoon and, sure enough, it rang up at $24.96.

Great deal for an item marked $39.99 and currently selling on Amazon for $44.99!  Looking forward to watching the movie again and displaying the case on my shelf!

Thanks a ton, OP!

No luck just 15 minutes ago.  Wish I would have seen this earlier this week.  Grabbed the steelbook though.  

bread's done
Back