eBay Seller Fees and Reimbursements?

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
wasn't sure where to ask this here.. figured this was the closest thing to a general forum. I know a lot of you use ebay and stuff, so i was wondering if anyones gotten a charge from ebay called "eBay Seller Fees and Reimbursements"

I evidently got charged 51.80 last month with this tagline. THey just took it out of paypal through my credit card, which i found weird. I googled it briefly and it looks like its linked to some kinda seller fee charge on auto billing, but i have NEVER listed or sold anything on ebay, only bought. Anyone have any idea what the hell this thing could be? I guess i need to dispute it with my credit card company but i want to make sure it doesn't happen again. Ebays a joke for trying to find a damn phone number so maybe just reversing the charge will make them call ME

the weird thing is it says the payment was sent to support@ebay and the only numbers i have to call are the paypal phone numbers which doesn't really help

I auto-pay my eBay fees with a credit card and it shows up as "EBAY INC. SAN JOSE CA". The detail under that looks like this:

Merchant Name EBAY INC.
Merchant City Name SAN JOSE
Merchant Zip Code 95125
Partial Shipment Indicator N
Merchant Category Description DIRECT MRKTNG-ALL OTHER DIRECT MRKTRS
Broad Industry Description RETAIL-MAIL/PHONE ORDER
POS Mode Description MANUALLY KEYED
Recurring Billing Indicator N
Authorized Merchant Name EBAY
Authorized Merchant Street 2145 HAMILTON AVE
Authorized Merchant State Code CA
Authorized Merchant Zip Code 95125

Geographic

Point Of Sale Zip Code 95125
Store Number 0000
Phone Number 8862858380

I don't see "eBay Seller Fees and Reimbursements" anywhere. It could be someone spoofing eBay and stealing money from you using them as cover. In any case, yeah, dispute it.

Is this information displayed anywhere on your eBay account?  Go to the following location on eBay.com:

eBay.com >> Log-in >> My eBay (link in the upper right corner) >> Account (tab in the center of the screen under my eBay: Summary heading) >> View: All Account Activity (middle of the page).

You should be at a screen that looks like the image below.  Browse your past invoices under the Select Invoice tab on the right of the screen.  If you don't see that invoice charge there in any of the past few invoices, then it is more than likely a scam charge.

10841999246_c5e4e9212e_b.jpg

well when i dug into my paypal account i found something odd. Under the pre aproved auto payments section there is a listing for ebayinc. called eBay Seller Fees and Reimbursements. It shows it was started in August... i have NEVER sold or set up anything to sell on ebay, ever. It was set to take up to $300,000 from my account every month. What the fuck?!

i canceled that shit lickety split. I tried reversing the charge with Discover but they said i had to call ebay and paypal first to try to sort it out with them before they could do anything... major pain in the arse guess i'll try to call paypal tomorow and see what i can do. I really dont understand this at all. I never authorized this, and ive never sold anything on ebay, why am i getting charged?

It doesn't look like the thing that io listed. It shows it as 'monthly seller fees' and says this

Business Name:

eBay Inc. 

Email:

Unavailable

Billing Agreement ID:

Billing Description:

eBay Seller Fees and Reimbursements

Payment Sent to:

eBay Inc.

10841999246_c5e4e9212e_b.jpg

I cant get to that page.  Under my account tab theres just a 'how to sell items on ebay' section on top, and, links to my paypal account and recent feedback.. thats it. I have no seller page because i have no seller account. I have NEVER listed or sold a single item there

Hrmm, that program or option doesn't make any sense, as from what it sounds like, it sets up an auto transfer of funds from your bank / credit card account to your Paypal account to cover listing / selling / reimbursment fees when selling on eBay.  But if you are selling on eBay, you should be getting enough funds from the sales to cover these fees...

The fact that eBay has no record of this charge on your eBay account should help in your favor, hopefully they will be good about righting the wrong.

yea im highly confused. I was wondering if anyone else had heard of it. Like i said ive never sold on ebay. Only bought. The ONLY thing i can think of is someone tried to hack my ebay account several months back. They didn't succeed but everything got frozen and i had to call to reactivate it. Maybe some setting got reset or screwed up when that happened? I guess i gotta email and call paypal and try to get ahold of ebay to find out what the hells going on

credit card wouldnt' reverse the charge untill i contact them, this is a pain in the butt

I have auto-pay set up for all my eBay fees and I have to say, as a paranoid freak, I hate it. I don't do the math every month to make sure they're taking out the correct amount. I'd have to add up my sales for that entire pay period. i definately don't keep track of all that. I just trust that they're taking out 10% like they promised.

bread's done
Back