Turn your change into Amazon, GameStop, XBL, TRU and other giftcards with Coinstar

I don't really like Coinstar because they always gypp me all the time.

The last couple of times I counted the coins out, and I was screwed out of a little less than a dollar both times, so I've kind of stop using Coinstar because they blow.

I'm just lucky I got a Amazon gc, so I wasn't out a counting fee on top of whatever they shortchanged me on.

Last edited by a moderator:
$120? Jesus you must have a lot of coins
A few years worth, haha.

I don't really like Coinstar because they always gypp me all the time.

The last couple of times I counted the coins out, and I was screwed out of a little less than a dollar both times, so I've kind of stop using Coinstar because they blow.

I'm just lucky I got a Amazon gc, so I wasn't out a counting fee on top of whatever they shortchanged me on.
I think I was pretty lucky. I did count it before hand, and the difference was minimal. Less than 40 cents, can't remember exactly. A lot better than rolling everything and taking it to the bank and definitely much better than a 8-10% fee.

I remember a few years back they had like redeem 40 and get a 10 dollar amazon gift card. I redeemed sooo much that Christmas season. I brought multiple 5 gallon poland spring jugs to the different coins stars and then I would try to stop right over the 40 dollar amount, print and then start again.

If you're going to the trouble of counting it before going to the machine.....why not just roll the coins?

Your bank should give you coin rolls for free

Also, some banks have their own in-house coin machines that account holders can use. I know my Wachovia (Wells Fargo) did.

bread's done
Back