Anyone familiar with NewEgg Pre-Orders involving coupon codes?

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
So back on October 12th I placed a Pre-Order on NewEgg for four items, each of which had a coupon code applied:

Mario Wii Remote Plus $39.99 ($5.00 Coupon)
Luigi Wii Remote Plus $39.99 ($5.00 Coupon)
Mario Party 3DS: $39.99 ($5.00 Coupon)
Mario Kart 8: $59.99 ($10.00 Coupon)

Now, the two remotes shipped on November 1st, Mario Party 3DS ships on or around November 22nd, and Mario Kart 8 will obviously be sometime next year.

I just noticed on my credit card statement that I was charged full price for the Wii Remotes ($79.98) instead of the $69.98 sale price I should have been charged.

So I digged up the order confirmation e-mail, and I've noticed that the coupon codes have apparently all been combined into one discount of $25.00 at the bottom of the invoice. I was under the impression that the discounts would be taken off of each item as they ship, but apparently I'm mistaken.

I'm assuming $25 will be subtracted from Mario Kart 8 when it ships next year as it's the last item to ship in the order. Does anyone else have any experience with this situation?

I had something similar happen when I used Newegg promotional gift cards from previous orders.

I applied the gift cards to a purchase of 6 items. It was $90 in gift cards.

The first 3 items shipped and I was charged full price. The other three were delayed a day or two so I hadn't been charged for them yet (NewEgg doesn't charge until they ship)

The remaining three items were shipped at a later date and they were discounted by $90 (the GC balance).

So like in your situation the discount was spread evenly over the order.

However I would be a little concerned just because the promo codes were unique to the Wii U controllers correct? So I'm not sure why they would wait to apply the discount until later.

I would try doing a chat with CSR when they are open tomorrow

I actually did a chat with a CSR last night and they kind of gave me the generic "The discount has not been taken because the pre-order hasn't shipped." line.

bread's done
Back