* * * - - 5 votes

Costco Bundle $479.99 for PS4

#31 seanr1221   :'( CAGiversary!   24428 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

Awesome news

seanr1221.png

#32 MetalSlugger   time to play the game CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

I went by the warehouse I work at here in Wilmington, NC...the item number shows up in the system, but there's nothing showing on order, so I'm not sure we're getting any. I checked the Atlanta depot, same thing...though it could be shipped direct instead of via the depot. Still, if any were coming to the warehouse I'm at, it should show a quantity listed as on order, but it doesn't :-/

You need to do an area wide store lookup on the item number to see which warehouses will get it or have it on order. IIRC the only store by me that will have them for sure tomorrow is Burnsville, MN.

#33 cheapfrag   CAG'er CAGiversary!   1455 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

They do. I asked upper management and several people in the major electronics department. It's 90 days, no ifs, ands or buts.

That's a ridiculous statement when based upon one store's management.  Gaming consoles do not equal computers.  If the lifetime return does not apply then they need to update the list.

#34 mcthatch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   960 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

You need to do an area wide store lookup on the item number to see which warehouses will get it or have it on order. IIRC the only store by me that will have them for sure tomorrow is Burnsville, MN.

So obvious question, but for non-employees the only way to check if they'll have it in stock tomorrow is to call the specific warehouse and ask?

#35 knightsdwn   Beautiful Plastic CAGiversary!   3346 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

I spoke to my Costco's management staff earlier today, and they echoed MetalSlugger's claims that consoles bought now will only have a 90 day return policy. 

So I guess that makes it two stores.

#36 cheapfrag   CAG'er CAGiversary!   1455 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

I spoke to my Costco's management staff earlier today, and they echoed MetalSlugger's claims that consoles bought now will only have a 90 day return policy. 

So I guess that makes it two stores.

Well OK, then they need to update their policy.  If you look at the categories under Computers & Printers at costco.com, you see various computers and tablets (which are excluded from 90 day return) but no listing for video games.

If you look at the categories under Electronics, you see televisions, televisions, projectors, cameras & camcorders, cellular phones (which are all excluded categories).  Video games are listed as a separate category under Electronics.

Maybe they intend to update the policy once the new consoles are officially release...

#37 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4227 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

bojay1997

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

Well OK, then they need to update their policy.  If you look at the categories under Computers & Printers at costco.com, you see various computers and tablets (which are excluded from 90 day return) but no listing for video games.

If you look at the categories under Electronics, you see televisions, televisions, projectors, cameras & camcorders, cellular phones (which are all excluded categories).  Video games are listed as a separate category under Electronics.

Maybe they intend to update the policy once the new consoles are officially release...

The policy has already been updated.  If you go into a Costco store, the printed policy they will hand you with your purchase clearly states that the return policy is 90 days for all consumer electronics now.  In fact, this isn't a new policy at all and I recall getting a bright pink piece of paper when I bought a 3DS at Costco two Christmases ago that indicated that the return window was 90 days.  A console is not a video game.  I don't know why you're trying to make such a debate out of this.      

#38 PikaPichu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   700 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

That's a ridiculous statement when based upon one store's management.  Gaming consoles do not equal computers.  If the lifetime return does not apply then they need to update the list.

So despite the fact that they have the same internals as computers, run apps and gaming software - just like computers - does not equal computers?!  :whee:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was in fact 90 days.

#39 MrMan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   294 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

my store says they were suppose to arrive yesterday but they still haven't got it. the price he said was 489.99

#40 SadExchange82   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

SadExchange82

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

So obvious question, but for non-employees the only way to check if they'll have it in stock tomorrow is to call the specific warehouse and ask?

Will stores know when they'll actually get them in.  Because I was told on the phone that they don't know for sure if they'll get them tomorrow.  Is that already decided, or can that change?

#41 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9255 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

Actually not a bad deal, exe members can get additional 2% back. However, if they are tax on the whole price then it is less of a deal since PS+ purchases are not taxed if bought alone.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#42 PetersHere   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2038 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

I'll get this bundle for $20 a month after release during a clearance...

Wait, wrong thread? Still applies. Everyone else says this on every thread regarding a desired item, so screw it.

[center]
bdfbdb_zps72bf3016.jpg

#43 htz  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

Costco's return policy makes some good stories to be told when you are waiting in line at the return desk.

I have never returned anything over 60 days at all the stores I shop at and I rarely do them past 30 days. I don't want to be made into a story. :lol:

#44 MetalSlugger   time to play the game CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

Keep in mind that Costco.com and your local warehouse are two completely different things, so what's listed on the website isn't necessarily the policy instore.

#45 Statix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   364 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

The rep you emailed was wrong.  As others pointed out, Costco actually sells Squaretrade warranties for consoles now.  

That's shady. Why wouldn't they modify their policy statement to reflect this change?

I guess I won't be buying from Costco then.

#46 bostonfrontier   Pierce - Garnett - Allen CAGiversary!   2806 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

bostonfrontier

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

I bought a 360 back in January, and I returned it last month no problem...

Just saying.

#47 knightsdwn   Beautiful Plastic CAGiversary!   3346 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

Just saying.

Perhaps the change of return policy occurred recently?

#48 MetalSlugger   time to play the game CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

Just saying.

You had a misinformed service desk employee then, who probably got chewed out for allowing it. Game consoles are 90 days.

#49 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4227 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

bojay1997

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

Just saying.

While anything is possible, that is not the current policy and it wasn't the policy in place when I bought my 3DS.  I suspect you got lucky and ended up with an uninformed customer service person.   

That's shady. Why wouldn't they modify their policy statement to reflect this change?

I guess I won't be buying from Costco then.

It's not shady.  When you go to check out, the clerk will hand you a slip of paper that gets stapled to the receipt that explains the electronics warranty is only 90 days.  If you disagree with the policy, you can simply immediately turn around and take the console to customer service for a full refund.  

#50 mcthatch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   960 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

As with many threads at CAG, this thread has been hijacked. Return policy is a bonus at Costco, but not essential to the actual deal, which is a PS4 potentially available on launch day. That being said, if any Denver area CAGs are interested in which local Costcos will have launch day editions in stock, pm me. I'm not posting because I don't want lurkers reading. 

#51 Finch106   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

Definitely call your store. At minimum, they receive 66. That's 1 palet and they will not receive less than a palet. But, Sony is doing the ordering/shipping, so you need to call ahead. My store has 0 on hand and can't see any orders upcoming because Sony has done the ordering.

#52 terutt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

Unfortunately, I am stuck in Mexico on Business until Saturday.  I am hoping the wife does me a solid and gets me one...my birthday is next week, and I even gave her a $400 AMEX gift card towards the cause, and she does not even work on Fridays so all obstacles are clear.

It is much easier to rationalize being a middle aged guy and getting a PS4 from your wife for your birthday than it is going it and buying it myself :)

I personally am glad that Costco changed their return policy.  All it meant was d-bags abused it, and it drove up costs for the rest of us. I remember when the 360 came out, was behind a guy in the return line that had his original Xbox, with the original boxes and cartons, all lined up ready to go for a return so he could basically get a free Xbox 360 upgrade. As a guy who works for a major electronics company, I don't see how people rationalize this behavior.  Just because a company will let you do something and you can get away with it, it does not make it morally right.  There is no such thing as "free, nobody got hurt"...somewhere somebody has to foot the bill in one way or the other.

Oh..and thanks original poster for highlighting this deal!

#53 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2224 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

I am deabting should i go or not... a friend of mine worry there will be a long line and executive member able to go in and buy them all.

#54 SadExchange82   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

SadExchange82

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

Is there anyway for me to look up if the Costco near me will be receiving them?

#55 MetalSlugger   time to play the game CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:18 AM

Is there anyway for me to look up if the Costco near me will be receiving them?

You have to call with the item number.

#56 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   2753 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

I went by the warehouse I work at here in Wilmington, NC...the item number shows up in the system, but there's nothing showing on order, so I'm not sure we're getting any. I checked the Atlanta depot, same thing...though it could be shipped direct instead of via the depot. Still, if any were coming to the warehouse I'm at, it should show a quantity listed as on order, but it doesn't :-/

Thats what I got when I called mine here in Omaha.

#57 J7.   $$$$ It CAGiversary!   7704 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:59 AM

Can you buy a Squaretrade warranty at Costco for the PS4 or are those warranties only for their TVs?

#58 MetalSlugger   time to play the game CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Can you buy a Squaretrade warranty at Costco for the PS4 or are those warranties only for their TVs?

I could only find warranties for TVs, cameras and tablets. You can get a plan directly from Squaretrade's website though.

#59 sumoboy21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

sumoboy21

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

I was told by another employee that we were supposed to tell people that called about the PS4 bundle that we didn't know if we were getting them regardless of if we were getting them or not(my store is not). At least not until tomorrow. I know at least one store in the Inland Empire and one in the San Fernando Valley that are getting them. Both are getting 66 in, although the one in the IE is only selling 60 due to "damaged boxes from transit." :roll: The one in the IE is doing a number handout for the bundles.

#60 estat   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

I'm at Costco right now. Pretty low key, they've handed out about 30 out of 66 tickets and open in 5 minutes.

Price is $489.99