Shoppers 20X points (+PS4 = great deal)

eataburger

CAGiversary!
Heads up in today's flyer they are advertising the PS4 and Saturday is 20X points.

$400 = 80,000 points

Add a game + a controller or PS+ for another hundred dollars and it puts you over the 95000 points you need for a $170 redemption on your next purchase.

Heads up in today's flyer they are advertising the PS4 and Saturday is 20X points.

$400 = 80,000 points

Add a game + a controller or PS+ for another hundred dollars and it puts you over the 95000 points you need for a $170 redemption on your next purchase.
I've already got a gift card for $170 from a returned redemption level and another 95000 points. PS4 for basically free come Saturday if they still have em.

I love shoppers for this kinda stuff.

I've already got a gift card for $170 from a returned redemption level and another 95000 points. PS4 for basically free come Saturday if they still have em.

I love shoppers for this kinda stuff.

Just know that you dont earn points on point redemption.

Just know that you dont earn points on point redemption.
Yeah, if you can manage it financially, it's better to spend $ on 20x point days, and then cash-in your points on bonus redemption days. Racking up another 80k points on Saturday by buying a PS4 would let you buy a Vita or a ton of games/accessories on their next bonus redemption day. :)

(I did the same kind of thing when the Vita launched, used my points to get a basically free 3DS.)

Here's the thing about Shoppers Drug Mart, their selection is meh depending on the stores. The ones near me are just terrible for me to even bother.

Here's the thing about Shoppers Drug Mart, their selection is meh depending on the stores. The ones near me are just terrible for me to even bother.
Very true. Which is why I still have so many points to redeem... because they have such a lack of games to pick up that I want or haven't been able to get a good deal on somewhere else.

I live in a smaller city so things usually don't sell out here. Still hoping they are stocking the PS4 day one or at least Saturday. heh

Very true. Which is why I still have so many points to redeem... because they have such a lack of games to pick up that I want or haven't been able to get a good deal on somewhere else.

I live in a smaller city so things usually don't sell out here. Still hoping they are stocking the PS4 day one or at least Saturday. heh
You can buy basic food items like milk there though. That's a good way to spend the points.

You can buy basic food items like milk there though. That's a good way to spend the points.
But only if you wanna part out your points and get a minimal redemption value for them. You're not gonna fill a shopping cart with $170 there unless you're cool with overpaying for a bunch of stuff. My local Shoppers is literally right next to a NoFrills for fuck s sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone actually had any luck in finding a sdm with ps4s today? I checked 3 and none of them had stock or any signage

has anyone actually had any luck in finding a sdm with ps4s today? I checked 3 and none of them had stock or any signage
Went to both here and nothing. They did however just restock with roughly 10 4GB 360's..... why????

I didn't even see any PS4 games or controllers.

They sold out of PS4s on Friday here. They had some games, but they were behind the counter and you couldn't see them.

They sold out of PS4s on Friday here. They had some games, but they were behind the counter and you couldn't see them.
I guess if you wanted to be slick you coulda bought your ps4 friday at SDM and then returned it and rebought it saturday. Seems like a hassle though

I buy all my games there on 20x days. I also bought a controller there. Shopping on only on 20x days, and 18,000 pt bonus days, I have enough to get a Vita on the next 'spend your points' days, but I can't find a store that has a Vita in stock, and have no way checking their stock on line. The PS4 makes the Vita a little more interesting, but at the price of Free (kind of), I'll take one.

I buy all my games there on 20x days. I also bought a controller there. Shopping on only on 20x days, and 18,000 pt bonus days, I have enough to get a Vita on the next 'spend your points' days, but I can't find a store that has a Vita in stock, and have no way checking their stock on line. The PS4 makes the Vita a little more interesting, but at the price of Free (kind of), I'll take one.
I wonder if you could time it so they could order one in for you, and then you go in and buy it on a redemption day?

Likely. They seem to be having the 20x days every couple weeks now. This summer they were lucky to be once month. I think today is another 20x day. But they haven't had a spend your points day forever.

I am going to ask if they will order a Vita in for me, as I can't find one in any of the stores here.

bread's done
Back