Xbox One vs. PS4: Compare Each Console's New Games

TheOSGVault

CAGiversary!
With the launch of the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One consoles only days away, gamers across the United States are anxiously waiting to pick up the units they reserved months in advance.

For those still deciding or waiting until Black Friday to pick up an eighth-generation gaming system, it might come down to which launch titles are available to play right away.

To make the decision easier, here is a list of all the launch titles available for both PS4 and Xbox One, broken down by genre. Happy gaming!

xbox-logo-top.png

Xbox One

Action-Adventure
Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Ryse: Son of Rome

Casual
Angry Birds Star Wars

Fighting
Fighter Within
Killer Instinct

First-Person Shooters
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts

Fitness
Zumba Fitness: World Party

MMORPGs
None

Platform
Skylanders: Swap Force

Puzzle
None

Racing
Forza Motorsport 5
Need for Speed: Rivals
LocoCycle

Rhythm
Just Dance 2014

Shooter
Crimson Dragon

Simulator
Zoo Tycoon

Sports
FIFA 14
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14
Powerstar Gold

Survival Horror
Dead Rising 3

ps4-logo.png

Action-Adventure

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Casual

Angry Birds Star Wars

Flower

Fighting

Injustice: Gods Among Us – Ultimate Edition

Shooters

Battlefield 4

Blacklight: Retribution

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Fitness

None

MMORPGs

DC Universe Online

Platform

Knack

Skylanders: Swap Force

Sound Shapes

Trine 2

Puzzle

Contrast

Super Motherload

Racing

Need for Speed: Rivals

Rhythm

Just Dance 2014

Shooter

Resogun

Warframe

Simulator

None

Sports

FIFA 14

Madden NFL 25

NBA 2K14

Survival Horror

None

Has anybody played BF4 on both consoles ?  Which one is the one to get ? I know the PS4 version runs at a higher res I think, but if the Xbox version is more smooth, I'd be cool with that too.

I really hope people aren't making purchasing decisions based on launch titles...
Yeah, really only makes since for people set on getting both as you may as well pick which one to get first based on which has more you want to play right now.

Otherwise, too much can change over time in terms of which has the most games you want to play. So IMO always better to wait at least a year to take the next gen plunge if you're not planning on buying them all--unless you're totally loyal to one brand anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much else to base it on unless you are a hardcore gamer.
Well, you can also take into account other exclusives already announced (The Order, Titanfall etc.), which company's first party franchises you like more etc. if you're only planning on buying one of the two.

Not really a comparison, but we just published our Holiday Next-Gen Console Buyer's Guide on our site. We reference the more robust number of licenses that PlayStation has under their belt, and if you ask me, the console with more exclusives will ultimately win the transparent "console war." If you want to check it out, it's over at www.abloggymess.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you can also take into account other exclusives already announced (The Order, Titanfall etc.), which company's first party franchises you like more etc. if you're only planning on buying one of the two.

I agree. I would base my decision on which console is known for actually putting out exclusives, keeping them exclusive, and not milking the same 1 or 2 franchises and one system is clearly head and shoulders above the other.

However if your thing is timed content (meaning you have to have map packs or DLC first) then I suppose you could lean another way.

Thanks for the comprehensive list. Personally I'm really disappointed with the number and quality of launch titles on both consoles. Looks like for the purposes of Holiday shopping this year, I will have to go with PSN/Xbox gift cards rather than physical games.

bread's done
Back