Any preorder deals for The Wolverine?

strife01104

CAGiversary!
Digital HD version gets released this Tues 11/19 and was wondering if anyone has news of any Preorder deals like BB has done in the past or anyone else for the physical media? 

Yup, plus I am curious if there actually will be some this week. I usually get the Cinemanow version if Best Buy offers an early Preorder thing like they have in the past

In case anyone asks, I saw this in the theater at another friend's expense. And I loved the movie. Origins: Wolverine was indeed a rather bland flick, but this one makes up for it. Definitely worth watching.

In case anyone hasn't seen the news yet, Fox pulled a fast one and you have to get the 3D set in order to get the extended version of the film (which is a standard Blu Ray only) The regular Blu Ray version does not contain the previously advertised Extended Cut (regardless of what Amazon is showing) I imagine there will be some pretty upset people come Tuesday who may not be aware when they receive their package from Amazon, not to mention that many stores (at least around here) don't usually have a lot of copies of the 3D releases. Complete BS move on Fox's part with this one.

I stop by Target today and notice that on Tuesday they are having a blood drive. Donate blood and get a $10 Target Gift card. It's a local deal and gonna stack with 20% coupon. Not bad.

Does anybody know off hand if TRU will be carrying the Blu-ray version of this? I only see the DVD listed in their ad.

In case anyone hasn't seen the news yet, Fox pulled a fast one and you have to get the 3D set in order to get the extended version of the film (which is a standard Blu Ray only) The regular Blu Ray version does not contain the previously advertised Extended Cut (regardless of what Amazon is showing) I imagine there will be some pretty upset people come Tuesday who may not be aware when they receive their package from Amazon, not to mention that many stores (at least around here) don't usually have a lot of copies of the 3D releases. Complete BS move on Fox's part with this one.
I don't know your source for this, but it looks like you're right- everything I can find online (except for Amazon's listing, which shows that both versions of the Blu-ray contain the Extended Cut) indicates that only the 3D version contains the Extended Cut. I guess people who buy it from Amazon have a right to complain, and maybe even get some credit from them because of the mistake?

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW if you go to Best Buy they have one with a special package box  that contains all 4 for 26.99.  The non-special box is 27.99 go figure *shrug* anyway just a heads up if anyone decides to pick it up at Best Buy they had 10 Box's left when I went. 

Anyone getting the 3D Blu Ray at Target, just a heads up that the 10% Off The Wolverine Blu Ray/DVD Combo coupon from the Target Cartwheel app does work on the 3D version. Knocks it down to $22.49. At least takes some of the sting off having to buy a useless 3D version (useless for me at least) Add in the red card savings and you're getting a decent price. If you don't have the Cartwheel app, what is your major malfunction? They always have 10% off certain Blu Rays the week of release (Mortal Instruments has one this week too if anyone is interested)

bread's done
Back