* * * * * 1 votes

Walmart Price Matching Black Friday Deals Early?

black friday walmart video games price match

#1 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

http://news.walmart....-one-week-early

Seems one part of this is they will do:

• Select PS4 and Xbox One Video Games such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, NBA 2K14 and Battlefield 4 – WAS: $59.96, NEW PRICE: $49 

I will give my local Walmart a call on this Friday and see if they will match other video games on this, unless others have any additional info.

So far, getting them to match Borderlands 2 GOTY and PS+ 1 Year Sub for $30 each from Gamestop is a prospect I want to look into, but Walmart will have The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls for $25 each (next best I can think of is Meijer for $30 each , then Best Buy for $35 each(unless they match Walmart/Walmart.com first thing for $25 each; or I can get RZU and get them for $28 after the 20% discount); Amazon is up in the air currently, but here is hoping.

#2 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10674 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

This has potential.

#3 Xenokai   Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming. CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

sounds great, gonna snag me BF4

#4 wingzero16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

wingzero16

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

the last of us, Borderlands 2 GOTY are the two games I want to get this black Friday

I may pick up Arkham city GOTY just so I don't have to buy the DLC

#5 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

the last of us, Borderlands 2 GOTY are the two games I want to get this black Friday

Be careful with this. I went from vanilla Arkham City to the GOTY, and it HATED my old save. Had to create a new one to get the DLC to track (I only had Catwoman on the vanilla copy from day 1). Fortunately, I wasn't too far cause...backlog.

The Last of Us will be 25-30 at a couple of places...but if Amazon has it for $30, I will get it from them. Borderlands 2 GOTY is $40 on Amazon currently, but will be $30 at Gamestop ONLY (yes, no other place seems to have Borderlands 2 GOTY on sale on Black Friday! O.o).

#6 jeremiahpreston   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

jeremiahpreston

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

Are we sure that Gamestop is covered? It does say Best Buy, Toys R Us and Target specifically.... It mentions "local competitors" but it seems like there could be an "out" with them naming those stores at the beginning...

#7 bobman212   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

bobman212

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hoping for DR3 to be 50$ :X

#8 nviz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

I am trying to find KZ Shadow Fall for less than $60 so I can price match it at Best Buy. I would love to snag a third game for my PS4 like Assassin's Creed or FIFA 14. 

#9 jessesixto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   380 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

jessesixto

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Doesn't that rule out the name "Black Friday"? 

I originally though black friday meant no price matching. 

Does anyone know if any other retailer will honor PM from other retailers during BF? 

#10 Kuma   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2450 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Be careful with this. I went from vanilla Arkham City to the GOTY, and it HATED my old save. Had to create a new one to get the DLC to track (I only had Catwoman on the vanilla copy from day 1). Fortunately, I wasn't too far cause...backlog.

The Last of Us will be 25-30 at a couple of places...but if Amazon has it for $30, I will get it from them. Borderlands 2 GOTY is $40 on Amazon currently, but will be $30 at Gamestop ONLY (yes, no other place seems to have Borderlands 2 GOTY on sale on Black Friday! O.o).

As much as I am stunned to say this, Gamestop really has a decent selection this year

#11 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

Walmart price matches BF ads.

#12 aguilar_s24  

aguilar_s24

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

the last of us, Borderlands 2 GOTY are the two games I want to get this black Friday

Just get it on the Humble Bundle

#13 PS2gamerGCN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

PS2gamerGCN

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

From reading the press release, this is just going to be Wal-Mart picking and choosing the deals THEY want to provide early, from other competitors. Not quite the same as being able to walk in and PM whatever you'd like a week in advance. Still, it's better than nothing.

#14 M-10  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ls-this-friday/

#15 TheGeonaut  

TheGeonaut

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

Nice of them to PM Skylanders Swap Force since that's pretty much what I want. Only thing is I'm working Friday morning lol 

#16 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

Nice of them to PM Skylanders Swap Force since that's pretty much what I want. Only thing is I'm working Friday morning lol 

I get to choose if I want to work Friday morning or evening cause my place is semi-Retail, but we are a small computer business. So I will get to shop online or at a store within a short distance (i.e. Gamestop next door).

#17 BobTheFlub   Sepulchritude CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

BobTheFlub

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Cool, don't have to fight Toys R Us if I decide I want to get Swap Force. Are they releasing some kind of full ad for this sometime before the 22nd?

#18 Maskim   RIP Lemmy CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Matching Swap Force is nice. Now if they'll match the B1G1 70% off on the swap force figures, it'll be good to go.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black friday, walmart, video games, price match