One Piece: Romance Dawn LE Retail Release - $39.99 (3DS, GameStop, 2/11/2014)

Diggeh

CAG Newbie
One Piece: Romance Dawn Limited Edition Release
2CB9GO9.jpg
Romance Dawn will be available both at retail and via the Nintendo eShop as a download. The retail edition will feature a special limited edition holographic foil packaging, and will be sold exclusively via GameStop stores, Club Namco and EB. Each unit of these retail packages will be individually numbered.
Support One Piece in the West!
Namco is testing the waters to see if One Piece games are viable here.

You will be showing Namco that we want Unlimited World: RED for the 3DS!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely going to be getting it as I've been eyeing this since it was announced it would travel west.  I'm actually quite surprised that it is also getting a retail release.  My only gripe is that its coming out the same day as Lightning Returns and the same week as Bravely Default.  That's too many games for me to play at once!  

As much as I had been anticipating LR:FFXIII, I might wait on that and just get One Piece and Bravely Default, since I think those two will be much harder to get down the road than Lightning Returns.  I'll have to think about it.  

One Piece and Bravely Default for days! Anything One Piece in America makes me shed a gracious tear.

Just got the Strong World Blu-ray in this morning! So good.

unlimited world red kind of sucks. feels really clunky like the game is being played in slow motion. this one is alright and since its a physical release im definitely buying it

unlimited world red kind of sucks. feels really clunky like the game is being played in slow motion. this one is alright and since its a physical release im definitely buying it
Really? All I have been hearing is the opposite. That Romance Dawn is a bit on the boring side and RED was the One Piece game to look forward to. Anything else you can share about your experiences on it?

What kind of game is it? Not so into the anime (just never got around to watching past ep 90 something) but if it's a fun kind of game i'd put a pre-order down.

Really? All I have been hearing is the opposite. That Romance Dawn is a bit on the boring side and RED was the One Piece game to look forward to. Anything else you can share about your experiences on it?
well romance dawn is pretty boring also lol. i just like one piece and want the physical copy. ive only played the demo of RED so maybe the full game gets better. movement and combat just feel really clunky to me. wasnt very fun

Oh man, I love One Piece, but I haven't been following this game...pretty much because I never thought it'd come out here. Maybe I'll get this. Thanks OP (lol pun.)

On a somewhat related, beating-a-dead-horse note, why didn't Capcom take this route with PW: Dual Destinies? I'm sure it would have been successful. :cry:

Hmm I wanna preorder this, but I haven't watched any One Piece (don't plan on it anytime soon either) and I haven't played any of the games.
You're in luck! The game covers everything up until New World, the second part of the series. It should give you a nice summation of the series. :)

sorry to be a stick in the mudd , BUT , what makes this a limited edition? statue ? exclusive dlc? ... security bag with logo and key ????

Just the holographic cover itself. Not really an CE/LE because of other added content, digital or otherwise, but hey you're basically getting this version for the same price as the regular copy anyway. So that's not too bad. =)

Also most of the people who'd buy this are buying not only because they are fans of OP but also to show that game like these are viable enough to have an actual retale copy and not just digital.

Pre-ordered!  Any word on if Bravely Default will be available on Amazon though?  I have Amazon credit out the wazoo... used the last of my GS credit on One Piece and eShop cards for Senran Kagura.

I want to buy this just because I want more OP games to come to the US. Did anyone else notice that some of the cut scenes from the earlier episodes are in HD? Anyone know if they just did that for the cut scenes or if they are re-releasing those episodes in HD? Once you've been watching the newer episodes in HD it's hard to go back and watch the SD ones.  

Did they release the number of copies that will be coming out? An LE is cool, but if they're making hundreds of thousands, there's no point in an LE.

Did they release the number of copies that will be coming out? An LE is cool, but if they're making hundreds of thousands, there's no point in an LE.
I don't know, if they are going through the trouble of individually numbering them they can't be making too many

sorry to be a stick in the mudd , BUT , what makes this a limited edition? statue ? exclusive dlc? ... security bag with logo and key ????
The holographic foil? Lol. More likely than not, it's just a marketing ploy to get people to buy it at release with the impression that this game will be hard to find and your best best is to get it at release. Now, while all of that may be true, the "limited edition" moniker, I feel, is simply there to attract people who wouldn't normally buy this at release and I'm guessing it spruce it up a bit, Namco simply numbered the games - makes it an easy "LE" without spending extra cash.

I wonder how the numbering will be. 

"Each unit of these retail packages will be individually numbered" sounds like the 3DS cart will be numbered.

Does it? Say it aloud again. Emphasis on the retail packages this time.
The cartridge and the cartridge label as well as the manual or case inserts are all considered part of the retail packaging. The product itself is just code which is why they can sell it digitally as well. So while you may be speculating correctly that the cartridge itself won't be numbered, that doesn't necessarily mean the outer package will be.

Any idea if this can be pre ordered in store? I had an order in but forgot to apply the shipping code so I canceled to do it again and now I can't because I have exceeded the maximum allowable amount. 

Created an order but had to cancel it. It canceled okay but now it's telling me I've went over my quantity whenever I try to make a new order for the game (I'm assuming because it's still thinking I already ordered one). If I give this some time will it recognize what I did or am I going to have to make a new account to order the thing?

Created an order but had to cancel it. It canceled okay but now it's telling me I've went over my quantity whenever I try to make a new order for the game (I'm assuming because it's still thinking I already ordered one). If I give this some time will it recognize what I did or am I going to have to make a new account to order the thing?
No and don't make a new account. You can get banned for your multiple orders.

The counter doesn't work well.

Contact Customer Service.

Ordering in the store actually is best.

I would rather have unlimited cruise sp 1& 2 before in North America first before red but I wouldn't mind seeing a one piece collection for wii u

I've wanted this game for awhile now.  When they announced it was coming over to US I was thinking it would be digital only.  Especially since we didn't get either of the ps3 games hard copy.  I kinda thought Namco wrote us off for these kinda games :( Really glad we are getting a hard copy, so I will be pre ordering this regardless.  

I was able to preorder this yesterday in store at Gamestop. The employee there is a huge One Piece fan and didn't know about this, so we both had a major fangasm in the store at the dismay of my wife.

I've wanted this game for awhile now. When they announced it was coming over to US I was thinking it would be digital only. Especially since we didn't get either of the ps3 games hard copy. I kinda thought Namco wrote us off for these kinda games :( Really glad we are getting a hard copy, so I will be pre ordering this regardless.
I believe I've read that SCEA wouldn't let them have a retail release without dubs.

I really dislike anime, but I really like turn based RPGs... The action commands sound interesting enough.

Will be preordering tomorrow.

bread's done
Back