Gamestop not honoring Next Gen Upgrade - NBA 2K14

WarlordZMaster

CAG Newbie
Okay, I as out today wuth the intent of upgrading my NBA 2K14 Xbox360 to Xbox One next gen. This is per the advertised next gen upgrade that was on Gamestops site when I bought the game. Clerk tells me that they are supposed to email a code. Okay, get home check all GS emails, No Code! I call GS, oh, we are not honoring that deal for NBA 2K14! Call another local GS, they agree, they had flyers including the game and a month later it was removed. Total BS! So, do not expect this deal, what a rip.

Also, i picked up my BF4 preorder from Best Buy and they gave me the WRONG version that does not include China Rising DLC. Pure frustration, taking it back to exchange.

Correct, but they are not sending the Code. I verified this with a local GS and GS Powerup Rewards via phone. Don't hold your breath.

Best Buy canned the same promo with NBA 2k. Such bs since they advertised it at the start, then pulled it.

I still got the $10 promo with it, and should still get $30 trade in, so not a complete waste...but not the same deal they originally advertised.

I can see gamestop and other places not honoring their agreement. I don't get why they wouldn't allow an exchange for a NBA 2K14. 

Agreed you need to complain to the BBB.  These companies need to comply with what they advertised.  Greedy corporations.

I can see gamestop and other places not honoring their agreement. I don't get why they wouldn't allow an exchange for a NBA 2K14.
The next gen version is a largely different game, but that doesn't seem to offer any reason why they would exclude it. Maybe 2K didn't want to take part in the promotion?

To just blatantly deny a promotion that was advertised...well, that is ballsy even for Gamestop. Personally, I would email both Gamestop and 2k games and would tell them that if they don't make good on the original offer, that your going to report the offence to the BBB and start a petition for a class action lawsuit. Just go to one of the sites that allow you to start a petitions and set one up. On top of that, I would tell them that you will boycott them for the remainder of this generation. of course, if you used a credit card, you could have them credit card company reverse the charges. Usually CC companies are very good with this kind of thing. I would definitely not just sit back and do nothing. It sets a terrible precedence. These companies should know you cant pull that kind of crap. 

They denied me on this as well. I told them I didn't have the coupon in my Powerup Rewards dashboard, but I had one for Battlefield 4. They let me know they weren't doing anything about it, and voicing my frustrations with that didn't work either.

They denied me on this as well. I told them I didn't have the coupon in my Powerup Rewards dashboard, but I had one for Battlefield 4. They let me know they weren't doing anything about it, and voicing my frustrations with that didn't work either.
Did you register a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and your State's Attorney General? Seriously, do it. The reason why they exist is because of things like this.

I played 2k at a friend's house on PS4. What a horrible piece of crap. Every player moves like a tank (even prime Scottie Pippen, young MJ, John Wall, Chris Paul... you name him, he's slow), fouls were called before any contact took place, with a canned animation where a foul occurred shortly afterwards, and the announcers were calling out random things that weren't taking place on the court.

The last 2k I've played prior to the other night was 2k11, and it wasn't anywhere near as broken as the game I played. I can't imagine the PS3/360 versions of 2k14 are as broken as the next gen versions. A good deal of the faces are still way off from reality, and the hair is still dreadful. It's going to be at least another year or two before it's worth buying, especially if they're going to try to make the game look pretty at the expense of getting the physics right (and failing at that, too).

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back