Sell Your Console on Ebay - First 500 New Sellers Get $25 Coupon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Ebay - Sell Your Console Promotion
The first 500 new sellers (or who haven't sold in the last 12 months) who list in the video game console category from 11/20 to 11/25 (and sell by 12/5) will receive a $25 eBay coupon.

You must use the above link (or one from another eBay affiliate partner) to be eligible.

Details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I despise ebay flippers, encouraging this behavior is despicable.  

Oh well, knowing ebay, 99% of the consoles sold will be listed as "damaged" or "fraudulent" by the buyer they'll get a full refund while shipping back a broken PSX to the seller   :dunce:

Last edited:
ever thought they are trying to encourage people to sell their old consoles? everyone is doing an old console promo of $100 minimum.

This promotion is specifically targeting sellers for older systems. I have the powerpoint presentation to prove it. :razz:
I see ;)

ever thought they are trying to encourage people to sell their old consoles? everyone is doing an old console promo of $100 minimum.
I did think about that. Then I remembered PS4 launched last week and is, at least in my area, OoS everywhere.

Last edited:
I listed my psp 1000 with hacked firmware. Oh wow they pulled My listing. Saying it was not allowed...

lol i wonder if you could sell a Game Boy Color for $10 and get $25..

Ugh, I despise ebay flippers, encouraging this behavior is despicable.

Oh well, knowing ebay, 99% of the consoles sold will be listed as "damaged" or "fraudulent" by the buyer they'll get a full refund while shipping back a broken PSX to the seller :dunce:
Why the fuck do you care?. Some of you are so addicted to that 'followers' term flipper, that you fail to realize some people, actually, have some things they want to sell. And, I doubt eBay will give $25 for EACH 1 sold.

Get $25 while they take at least 10% of your selling price.  No thank you.  I have absolutely no use for Ebay anymore.

Op doesn't mention that ebay, paypal and shipping take about 40% of the sale.  Plus if there is a problem, good luck with customer service, god help you.

Op doesn't mention that ebay, paypal and shipping take about 40% of the sale. Plus if there is a problem, good luck with customer service, god help you.
Not sure what eBay you're using but eBay takes 10%, you don't have to use PayPal but if you do it takes 3%, shipping for a console goes from $5 - $20 (without signature or insurance which no one forces you to get). Not sure where your imaginary 40% is coming from. If you have over 50 rating on eBay you get a discount on top of the discount you already get from using their shipping process (via USPS, UPS or Fedex) too. eBay's direct shipping is much cheaper than going to the post office and shipping from their and using their own site.

The last console I shipped was a PS3 and it cost $20 to ship Priority Mail (the cheapest actually) and arrived at their house in 2 days. After fees I only paid $30. It sold for $200 so $170 total profit is no where near 40% (which would have made my total profit $120).

Honestly trying to lie to people.

Not sure what eBay you're using but eBay takes 10%, you don't have to use PayPal but if you do it takes 3%, shipping for a console goes from $5 - $20 (without signature or insurance which no one forces you to get). Not sure where your imaginary 40% is coming from. If you have over 50 rating on eBay you get a discount on top of the discount you already get from using their shipping process (via USPS, UPS or Fedex) too. eBay's direct shipping is much cheaper than going to the post office and shipping from their and using their own site.

The last console I shipped was a PS3 and it cost $20 to ship Priority Mail (the cheapest actually) and arrived at their house in 2 days. After fees I only paid $30. It sold for $200 so $170 total profit is no where near 40% (which would have made my total profit $120).

Honestly trying to lie to people.
Honestly trying to lie to people? Not really, maybe I exaggerated a little and I'm a jackass too, I'ts just I have a poor perception of ebay. I think your math was wrong too. Ebay takes 10% i believe so thats 20 bucks there. Your shipping was another 20. So now your down to 160. Paypal takes about 5% but not sure. You factor in driving to the post office, shipping supplies, its not pretty. You probably pocketed 150. Also assume that there is no problems either. And if you sell a descent amount on there you will have problems.

Like I said I consider Ebay to the be the Al Qaeda of the internet. Cyber terrorists. But hey if you like them and think their great than ride that ebay train!

Honestly trying to lie to people? Not really, maybe I exaggerated a little and I'm a jackass too, I'ts just I have a poor perception of ebay. I think your math was wrong too. Ebay takes 10% i believe so thats 20 bucks there. Your shipping was another 20. So now your down to 160. Paypal takes about 5% but not sure. You factor in driving to the post office, shipping supplies, its not pretty. You probably pocketed 150. Also assume that there is no problems either. And if you sell a descent amount on there you will have problems.

Like I said I consider Ebay to the be the Al Qaeda of the internet. Cyber terrorists. But hey if you like them and think their great than ride that ebay train!

Ebay fees are 4% on consoles. USPS pickups are free. They take 2 minutes to setup from scratch.

You are a failure at the interwebz.

Sold over 300 items on ebay, mostly all games and only once had a problem with a buyer. You can request carrier pickup as well as priority boxes from the PO. Neither cost you anything, so no shipping expenses other than tape and some printer ink and no gas to drive to the PO. Also PayPal charges 3%. If you are a top rated seller you sell games for under 10% on Ebay as well. Nothing wrong with Ebay other than the fact that they side with buyers far more than sellers should a dispute arise.

You have issues. No I don't think eBay is perfect and I don't like the fees, but I also sell products for profit on eBay and have better sales than I do on Craiglist (sometimes) or Amazon (which kills you with fees if you sell cheaper items).

And my math is right, I don't get 10% eBay fees since I'm not a new seller like you would be. PayPal takes only 2.9% (I round to 3% though). Nothing more. I live on campus and get my products shipped directly from my schools post office. I also ship out products there too (USPS and UPS).

I don't have problems with my buyers since I only ship items to those in the U.S., have a verified PayPal account, and over 25 seller rating with ratings from the last 12 months. Yeah I take away from other sellers but I also don't get issues and still make the same amount of money if I did allow everything under the sun.

And did you really just try to factor in driving and supplies... You drive everywhere and would have to drive to meet some guy on Craiglist. Supplies are stuff I already own and you should own whether you sell or not. All I use to ship are boxes, tape, scissors, printing (which is free at my school) and bubble mailers (which I got 100 for $17).

Yeah, you fail. eBay may suck with fees but if you know what you're doing you can make some great money. I live off eBay now since I quit my job months ago. Very happy being my own boss and making more on eBay than my job thank you very much.

Why wouldn't people just list their consoles with buy it now or best offer, then bid on their own stuff with a ridiculously low best offer? This seems rather poorly thought out on ebay's part.

Why wouldn't people just list their consoles with buy it now or best offer, then bid on their own stuff with a ridiculously low best offer? This seems rather poorly thought out on ebay's part.
To be fair, bidding on your own items isn't possible, and if they find that you're using a proxy to do so, it's off to ban-town.

I do have a Wii to sell, and I haven't sold a console in at least a year. But I have sold other stuff - looks like I'm out of luck:

2.Selling an item for the first time after clicking on a promotional link within a participating eBay Partner Network site. Eligibility under this requirement would apply only to the first 500 new sellers who do not have an eBay selling account OR those who have a selling account but have not sold an item in the past 12 months.

To be fair, bidding on your own items isn't possible, and if they find that you're using a proxy to do so, it's off to ban-town.
Seriously? It may be "against the rules" but shill bidding (or w/e you call it) is rampant based on my experiences. Now I refuse to bid on ebay for anything I can get in a store, especially flipped games/consoles that I know were just on sale, but I've resorted to using it for comic memorabilia such as statues several times, and even in my low use I've run into what is very obvious BS. When I put in a max bid, several sellers appeared to have someone else keep punching in numbers until he overtook my bid, but low and behold when the auction ends I get a 2nd chance email at the earliest opportunity. Frankly, I don't see how such obvious BS fools anybody, but when I tried to read up about it online I found tons of complaints where people didn't see what was going down and fell for it. Naturally I've submitted complaints against every bid I "won" where this happened, but I know nothing was ever done to anybody. I guess ebay is hesitant to take action against users who have a high seller's rating?

Don't get me wrong, when ebay user's are honest and fair I've found it to be a useful service, and I've gotten a decent deal here or there, but that seems to be a very rare occurrence. 9/10 of the sellers I have dealt with seem like they are trying to pull something, whether they blatantly lie about the condition of the packaging and something being "unopened", artificially jack up the price, or just refuse to ship items I won because nobody else placed a bid. The console flippers seem to largely be among the most honest users :???: I've got tons of stories I could share, including one drawn out battle where the seller insisted the item was "unopened" because he taped the box closed, but I guess I've ranted enough.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back