* * * * - 6 votes

Gamestop NEW Black Friday Ad Changes (Battlefield 4 $24.99, Ghosts $44.99) NOW LIVE!

GamestopBlackFriday ad 2013 Changes Battlefield 4 call of duty Ghosts

#421 ShadowAssassin   Music & Movie Pirating SOB CAGiversary!   2718 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

Tried cancelling an order and it keeps saying can't process request.

I hate Gamestop.

#422 Kaiselius   Serial Self-Molester CAGiversary!   208 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Kaiselius

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

Welp, it's officially been 12 hours and still no email containing my PS+ codes....

#423 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

If Xenoblade and Metroid Prime trilogy are supposed to be excluded from the buy 2 get 1 free Promo, then why is it going through just fine on the website, but not in the stores? You would think the promo would be consistent for both.

#424 Demontooth   not as cheap as I used to be CAGiversary!   1520 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Demontooth

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

Yes, you need to stop. PSN may not even be around by then,.

thank you for pulling me back from the brink.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly

772756.png

772754.png

#425 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   24897 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

If Xenoblade and Metroid Prime trilogy are supposed to be excluded from the buy 2 get 1 free Promo, then why is it going through just fine on the website, but not in the stores? You would think the promo would be consistent for both.

^This. You actually might be able to argue for the B2G1 if you point this out.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y; Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call :ps4: The Witcher 3 :ps3: Ratchet & Clank HD :vita: Child of Light

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps4: Bloodborne (4.75/5) :vita: Race the Sun (3.75/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#426 ShadowAssassin   Music & Movie Pirating SOB CAGiversary!   2718 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

Been on hold with Gamestop for 45 minutes. They can't be THAT busy. They must have like 3 CS reps.

#427 NinjaGuerra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

NinjaGuerra

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

If you buy Battlefield 4 can you still do the 10 dollar trade in deal to get the xbox one version?

Posted Image

#428 etcrane   One Star for a Reason CAGiversary!   4481 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

2 Gamestop related questions

1 - Do $10, $20 off any item coupons from PowerUp rewards still stack as long as they aren't the same amount?

2 - Can I use those certificates on BF sale items or can they really only be used on full price items? I had a gamestop clerk refuse my coupon today, saying I couldn't use it with an item already on sale for BF.

Thanks in advance!

#429 clawber   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

1 - Do $10, $20 off any item coupons from PowerUp rewards still stack as long as they aren't the same amount?

2 - Can I use those certificates on BF sale items or can they really only be used on full price items? I had a gamestop clerk refuse my coupon today, saying I couldn't use it with an item already on sale for BF.

Thanks in advance!

I have a question to add to that, can we do the trade 2 promotion towards a sale item (i.e. Battlefield 4)?

#430 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   6328 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

Sorry if this has already been answered 1000 times, but how long are these prices good for in store? Will they last through Friday only? I'm specifically looking to get a $19.99 kinect sensor.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

Spoiler

#431 illennium   Systems Analyst CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

Went into a GS and Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade didn't ring up as B2G1. Was told they don't work because they're already on sale. Is that correct? Thinking of going to another store down the street to either get a free game or return the two I bought. Sorry if already answered. Posting from mobile in the cold, glanced up thread but didn't see it.

A followup to my own post. After seeing that B2G1 works online, I went in to another GS and spoke to a manager. He agreed that the promotion should, in his own words, "of course" apply. He gave a clerk detailed instructions for a return/rebuy. All very helpful. The clerk processed the return/rebuy, but when he got to the final screen, the promotion would not apply. The manager came over and basically said "Oh yeah, it won't work. They're already on sale." I showed him the promotion working on the mobile website and he said it didn't matter. So I returned the games and told him I'd just buy them online.

This is the part of modern retail shopping that frustrated me the most -- that human workers are basically slaves to whatever the computer says. There seems to be increasingly less customer service, even when it's based in logic rather than irrational or entitled customer demands.

#432 Zalaki   Worker by night, Gamer by day CAGiversary!   2238 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Evolve
PS4

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

How do returns work on b2g1? I bought 3 things but iffy on two of them. The one I do want is the though.

Currenty Playing  :pc: #Nothing   :xb1: Nothing    :drool:   :ps4: Borderlands 2    :3ds: Nothing   :-  :vita: Nothing

Trade List: You are going to want to see this $#^$.

#433 ThunderChunky62   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

ThunderChunky62

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

Is Lego Marvel on PS4 only today or all weekend for $40? I have some credit and want to grab it but to lazy to leave right now unless it ends up tonight

logo.jpg

#434 Vendetta_x360   ♥ 태연 CAGiversary!   7268 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Destiny
XONE

Vendetta_x360

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:03 AM

Thanks in advance!

1) Different amounts will stack.  LIke a $5 and $10 but 2 $10 won't no matter what :/

2) Coupons don't work on BF items this year.  I tried earlier when I got a Vita Memory Card and Deadpool. :cry:  They did however work on my YS Celceta CE for Vita.  So the system must have locked them out.  I swear I was able to use coupons last year on top of BF prices.

Vendetta+x360.png

Currently Playing:  :xb1: Halo:MCC, MK X, Shadows of Mordor  :ps4: Nothing ATM  :360: AC: Revelations, Witcher 2

Recently Completed (1k or Plat):  :xb1: Another World :xb1: / :360: Destiny

#435 MiaFLSurf   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   651 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

I ended up getting BF4 on Amazon for $25.  I get free 2 day shipping with them, whatever

MiaFLSurf.png

#436 cjenvy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1892 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

i would buy from gamestop but literally 90 percent is oos online right now below 7 dollars

#437 ShadowAssassin   Music & Movie Pirating SOB CAGiversary!   2718 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

Got a KH 1.5 LE with artbook. Mine had one left. I also ordered it from SE's store sale, but picked one up today out of fear that they won't sent the LE. If they send the LE, I'll sell it or gift it to someone.

Guaranteed to break even with the LE at the very least. They are getting hard to find. I could probably get $40 or more on ebay for it.

#438 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:20 AM

Also while I was in there buying one of those four years I also bought a $25 Kindle card and used a $10 coupon on it. They had to do them separate because it just wouldn't take the coupon in the same transaction.

I'm ps+ until February 2020. I'm still thinking about grabbing one more. Am I nuts?

I limited myself to four new cards so now I have five years to redeem once they run a promo. Trying not to focus on that it was still $120 but that if they run another 3 free months with a year promo I'll have five years and more games than I can play in that time.

3ds120.gif Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate   :pc: TBD  :wiiu: TBD :vita: MotoGP 14

:xb1: Smite  :ps4: TBD  :360: TBD   :ps3: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps3: The Force Unleashed
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#439 Kaiselius   Serial Self-Molester CAGiversary!   208 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Kaiselius

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

19 hours later and I finally received ONE of my PS+ codes.

#440 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4497 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:01 AM

has anyone tried using bday on a preowned game?

Can pickup official Nintendo merch (clothing, import stuff, PLUSHIES, etc) from Nintendo World Store in NYC with shopping bag.  PM inquiries!

Interested art/craft supplies (low to high end)?  PM me if interested!

#441 mewman13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   175 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:28 AM

How do returns work on b2g1? I bought 3 things but iffy on two of them. The one I do want is the though.

I think they make you return all, though you can exchange the 2 you don't want for other games of the same price (return rebuy)

#442 hatback   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   181 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

A followup to my own post. After seeing that B2G1 works online, I went in to another GS and spoke to a manager. He agreed that the promotion should, in his own words, "of course" apply. He gave a clerk detailed instructions for a return/rebuy. All very helpful. The clerk processed the return/rebuy, but when he got to the final screen, the promotion would not apply. The manager came over and basically said "Oh yeah, it won't work. They're already on sale." I showed him the promotion working on the mobile website and he said it didn't matter. So I returned the games and told him I'd just buy them online.

This is the part of modern retail shopping that frustrated me the most -- that human workers are basically slaves to whatever the computer says. There seems to be increasingly less customer service, even when it's based in logic rather than irrational or entitled customer demands.

It wouldn't work for me in-store either.  It all comes down to a dumb quirk with how the systems are programmed.

Online: The actual prices of the games are lowered to a $39.99 sale price I believe, so the B2G1 promo applies no problem.

In-store: The actual prices of the games are the regular prices ($69.99 for Xenoblade and $59.99 for MPT).  The system applies a promo (promo #15306) that discounts Xenoblade by $30 or MPT by $20.  If you attempt to buy a third Xenoblbade/MPT or $40ish game to get the B2G1 promo (promo #15321), the system logic basically says: "Fuck you, you can't get 2 promos on the same game(s).  You can only get one.  I will now do my calculations to give you the better one of the two.  Promo #15306 (Xenoblade/MPT discount) discounts $40-$90 total, while promo #15321 (B2G1) discounts less than $40 total.  The former has a bigger discount for you, so I will give you that one only."

#443 esalw822   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1130 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

Sorry if this has already been answered 1000 times, but how long are these prices good for in store? Will they last through Friday only? I'm specifically looking to get a $19.99 kinect sensor.

The section of the ad with the Kinect Sensor says those prices are good for 3 days so you should be fine until Sunday.

#444 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   9073 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

nvm

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#445 Rock_Dash3X   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Rock_Dash3X

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

Got a KH 1.5 LE with artbook. Mine had one left. I also ordered it from SE's store sale, but picked one up today out of fear that they won't sent the LE. If they send the LE, I'll sell it or gift it to someone.

Guaranteed to break even with the LE at the very least. They are getting hard to find. I could probably get $40 or more on ebay for it.

I thought they were getting harder too. Till I went to Target and saw a crap load. Made me a little mad hunting around for it at launch and every Target I've been to after I got it has tons.

#446 Kaiselius   Serial Self-Molester CAGiversary!   208 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Kaiselius

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

And now Gamestop canceled my second PS+ order for some reason...

#447 zenaphobe zerj   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

zenaphobe zerj

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

And now Gamestop canceled my second PS+ order for some reason...

Easiest Explanation is that they only allow 1 order per person (They did limit how many i could buy) it may just be the system finally working

#448 Kaiselius   Serial Self-Molester CAGiversary!   208 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Kaiselius

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Easiest Explanation is that they only allow 1 order per person (They did limit how many i could buy) it may just be the system finally working

Hopefully that's it and not BoA being retarded again and flagging random purchases I do as "suspicious" 'cus I just ordered a replacement with walmart.

#449 Darby27   2 Legit 2 Quit! CAGiversary!   5616 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

FYI, the PUR coupons *are* working, but because the BF discounts are applied as a promo instead of just a changed price the coupons take the price down, and then the promo applies and takes it down to the BF price.

So for example with BF4 it took it to $50, then applied the promo as $25 off instead of $35 off

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

#450 snatcher33   Marry me Jenny!!! CAGiversary!   614 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

Has anybodys order shipped yet??? I ordered 3 games Thursday night and my order is still showing "open"...
Posted Image