Wii U, questions about system, deals, and price matching

yukonrye

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
So I'm looking to buy a Wii U for my kids and I've been eyeing the Skylanders Swapforce bundle. We already have Disney Infinity so I'll probably just sell the Skylanders off.

TRU will be selling this bundle for $260 during their Black Friday sale (Thurs 6pm till Sat). I'm thinking to avoid the drive out to TRU and the crowds I would go ahead and buy it from Walmart.com and use their Ad Match guarantee to get the sale price.

But... according to WM's site it'll be available for site-to-store pickup on 11/28, Thanksgiving day. The window to price match is 11/28 to 11/30. Can I trust WM to deliver in time for me to price match? Do I even need to have received the item from them to price match? Will they call TRU to verify stock? Should I just go to TRU and hope they have them in stock?

Also, this bundle is with the Basic 8GB system. I know Nintendo discontinued that set (these bundles must be the remaining stock) but I don't see myself buying any digital content on the Wii U eShop aside from VC games. Any reason to avoid the Basic Set?

I would buy the Mario and Luigi bundle at Best Buy for the reward points and pick up skylanders on sale right now at walmart for $37

bread's done
Back