* * * * * 8 votes

(Amazon PM's Here) Best Buy Blue Sunday Video Game Deals: PS Vita $170, Tearaway $30, NFS: Rivals (360/PS3/PC) $40/$30 and More

#91 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12216 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

wtf i cant axcess my shopping cart !!!!!!

#92 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3300 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

Really good deal that shows support for the platform. Strong opening week sales for Tearaway will help us get more first party games for Vita!

Listen to this man!!! Us Vita owners need to support this game. Its a mind blowing deal if you're a GCU member. This game just came out two days ago, and got glowing reviews. Can't believe I got it for 26 bucks.

#93 rieper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   346 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:17 AM

I better not see Tearaway cheaper than $23 over the black Friday weekend or ill be a really pissed off veteran CAG member.

Plonked down my credit card info..... walking into BB in the morning after the GCU discount comes out to $25 with tax.

#94 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

Are you signed in with the items in your cart?

I signed in after I added them and went to the final checkout page before you hit confirm order. Ah well, the games I want will be at this price again soon so Fuck it, thanks for tryin to help anyway guys.

#95 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12216 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

i fixed the problem lol. to think i was getting ready to get ratchet and clank at kmart. thanks to bestbuy i saved like 5$ and change ! tearaway was a super surprise as it just came out but yes everyone try the wonderfull demo and support this game !!!!

#96 Justin42   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3644 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

Seems like Best Buy's system is being wonky about applying the Gamer's Club discounts, so be careful- I've had to log on and off a few times to get it to apply (and had to cancel one order that I didn't pay attention that it didn't apply at the last step!).

Ratchet and Clank seems to be going in and out of stock, too..

#97 stryk187   Success! CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

stryk187

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

Thanks OP. There are some decent deals there.

That new Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus just came out on recently, and it was already on the cheap with a $30 MSRP. To see a sale this quickly is great! It's a shame that good games like that, and Tearaway, will be overshadowed so much by the new console launches.

I would like to also point out that physical copies of Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus come with free codes to get Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty on PSN, so that's a nice little bonus! (link for confirmation) I think I'll go ahead and pick this up for 20 bucks, now I just need to find something [useful] for $5 to get the free shipping.

#98 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12216 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

That new Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus just came out on recently, and it was already on the cheap with a $30 MSRP. To see a sale this quickly is great! It's a shame that good games like that, and Tearaway, will be overshadowed so much by the new console launches.

I would like to also point out that physical copies of Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus come with free codes to get Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty on PSN, so that's a nice little bonus! (link for confirmation) I think I'll go ahead and pick this up for 20 bucks, now I just need to find something [useful] for $5 to get the free shipping.

why not do instore pickup and save the 5$ ?

#99 stryk187   Success! CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

stryk187

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

why not do instore pickup and save the 5$ ?

The closest Best Buy to me is a ~35 minute drive each way, so I only like to go there for big-ticket items. Gas prices are a bitch and a half these days.

#100 htz  

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

$5 filler.

http://www.bestbuy.c...g tag&cp=1&lp=1

http://www.bestbuy.c...g tag&lp=2&cp=1

Starhawk

Socom 4

#101 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12216 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

The closest Best Buy to me is a ~35 minute drive each way, so I only like to go there for big-ticket items. Gas prices are a bitch and a half these days.

thats what i love about here in nyc, plenty of gamestops and bestbuys along with targets and kmarts which are all easily reached by our transit system. 120$ a month for unlimited rides all over the city which means no gas money needed :D

#102 GodOfUncharted   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   650 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

GodOfUncharted

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

Ordered Tearaway and Walking Dead (easy platinum and trade-in) for just under $40. Considering that I was really tempted to get Tearaway yesterday for $32, this makes me very happy.

#103 mvpcrossxover   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

mvpcrossxover

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

what firmware do i need for The Walking Dead on the vita version?

#104 stryk187   Success! CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

stryk187

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

Thanks! If I didn't already have Starhawk I would jump on a used copy for $5 in a heartbeat. That is such a fun multiplayer game, and a surprising amount of people still playing (at least there were last time I logged onto it, which wasn't that long ago).

I think I'll go with those COD Dogtags just cause the money will go to the Veterans fund, thanks for the heads up. Cheers!

#105 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

Dang didnt notice tearaway there. Time to return my gamestop copy as well tom and get that game for much cheaper.

#106 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1546 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

wow sweet deal for tearaway-thanks OP!

#107 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

Are all bestbuy opening 8am later? Or is this selected stores? Man im too excited to get a vita tom i cant sleep. Haha

#108 htz  

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

Are all bestbuy opening 8am later? Or is this selected stores? Man im too excited to get a vita tom i cant sleep. Haha

They should all be opening at 8AM for the Blue Sunday event. Check your local store page to see.

#109 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

They should all be opening at 8AM for the Blue Sunday event. Check your local store page to see.

thanks! my store's schedule is 8am tomorrow! nice!!! il definitely be there opening!

#110 Duncanzits  

Duncanzits

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

pretty sweet prices after 20% off. got tearaway, puppeteer, into the nexus, nfs, skyrim legendary deal of the day, walking dead vita, then a b2g1 Fall of cybertron+rayman legends+DI riptide. $209- 200 of the $1000 in reward certificates I won= $9 woo :O. Gonna get mercenary at gamestop on BF though.

#111 Gamestop Clerk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Gamestop Clerk

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

Don't worry, the excitement will fade away very quickly after you get it. I also felt excited when I got one. And now I can't even remember the last time turned it on.

#112 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4321 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

Don't worry, the excitement will fade away very quickly after you get it. I also felt excited when I got one. And now I can't even remember the last time turned it on.

Badly unaware and poorly misinformed individual. Don't listen to this guy CAGkrazy.

thanks! my store's schedule is 8am tomorrow! nice!!! il definitely be there opening!

The Vita is amazing and Im sure you will love it. So many games to play. And remote play with PS4.  :drool:

#113 SOLGarion   The devil is in the details. CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

SOLGarion

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:36 AM

What is the point in putting Rocksmith 2014 for PC and Mac on sale but not have it for shipping and BB doesn't carry it in stores? Why? Just so it looks nice next to the Rocksmith xbox and PS3 pages? So Stupid. Lets give sales on items we don't really have and you can't get to make the list longer. Bleh.

#114 mvpcrossxover   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

mvpcrossxover

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

what firmware do i need for The Walking Dead on the vita version?

no one knows?

#115 Duncanzits  

Duncanzits

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

I dont get what you mean... just download the vita updates and game updates... vita is best handheld yet imo.

vegeta- you are not a gamer if you haven't turned on your vita in months. I am top 10 in the world in playstation trophies and play vita ALL the time and still have sooooo many games to play. Don't say sheep things like vita has no games because that's 0% true.

#116 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4321 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

I dont get what you mean... just download the vita updates and game updates... vita is best handheld yet imo. You are not a gamer if you haven't turned on your vita in months. I am top 10 in the world in playstation trophies and play vita ALL the time and still have sooooo many games to play. Don't say sheep things like vita has no games because that's 0% true.

Exactly why I said misinformed. Perhaps even poor taste. Because there is a ton of games with great variety and near next gen graphics. On a  Fuck ing handheld. :drool:

#117 io   ... Super Moderators   24648 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

So tempted on Tearaway and Puppeteer with the GCU discount (and Discover promos). But man, as others have said, both scream PS+ freebies... Just not sure.

#118 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3300 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

So tempted on Tearaway and Puppeteer with the GCU discount (and Discover promos). But man, as others have said, both scream PS+ freebies... Just not sure.

I would bite on Tearaway, I dont see that game hitting plus or $20 for a looong time.

#119 Sophrosync  

Sophrosync

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

Just imagine a world where there is no Puppeteer, Tearaway, or R&C: Into the Nexus, etc. because companies and studios won't even greenlight them because they know it's not financially viable.  Then let the guilt flow through you and paralyze your inner CAG just long enough to click that lil' ol' Submit Order button.  

Sure they'll probably be free on PS+ or crazy discounted eventually, but you'll have the satisfaction of having 'done your part', and hell, you can always trade em in later to recoup some of the cost.     O:)

#120 io   ... Super Moderators   24648 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

I bought Tearaway and Puppeteer. I'm slightly interested in R&C but I have a backlog subcategory dedicated just to R&C games so I will have to pass on that one for now ;).

In any case, it was $40 for the 2 after GCU. Looks like I might get 5 or 10% back from Discover too (not sure where the 15% I saw earlier comes from) depending on whether they stack their online promos.

My son wants NFS Rivals for the Xbox One. At this point the cheapest is $48 from Best Buy with GCU, right? I don't think I've seen the X1/PS4 versions as being part of any BF or related sale other than the $49 at Amazon and Walmart or whatever. Unfortunately GCU does not stack with price matches or I'd be all over that.