Banished, Non-combat RTS town builder on Steam soon

dothog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Here's the link on Steam.  It's very promising.  I'm planning on picking up a few copies on release, one for me and one for a friend who enjoys SimCity/builder type games.  Looks promising, and the developer has a good attitude.

I don't normally preorder games but I've had my eye on this for awhile and would probably jump on it at the right price.

This comes out on 18 Feb 2014. Expected to cost somewhere around $20. Here's an hour of gameplay...

http://youtu.be/fujIc8phcgQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Video isn't very good quality, even at 720p, and looks very washed out at times. BUT...it looks fun. It doesn't seem to really have an end goal from what I've gathered (I haven't read much about this), but I love city building games. Will definitely keep an eye on this. Hoping for a week 1 sale, or perhaps a sale on the website. If it's $20, I will probably pick this up since it appears to be a 1-man team?

Video isn't very good quality, even at 720p, and looks very washed out at times. BUT...it looks fun. It doesn't seem to really have an end goal from what I've gathered (I haven't read much about this), but I love city building games. Will definitely keep an eye on this. Hoping for a week 1 sale, or perhaps a sale on the website. If it's $20, I will probably pick this up since it appears to be a 1-man team?
It's only the one person doing the development, and from what I can gather, he's not interested in end goals, nor is he interested in other gaming tropes (e.g. creating mid-game objectives and tiers of structures to "unlock"...everything is available to build from the start provided you have the resources.) You just grow your village and survive winters, disease, famine, so on.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a sale, especially week one. Maybe over the summer?

It's only the one person doing the development, and from what I can gather, he's not interested in end goals, nor is he interested in other gaming tropes (e.g. creating mid-game objectives and tiers of structures to "unlock"...everything is available to build from the start provided you have the resources.) You just grow your village and survive winters, disease, famine, so on.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a sale, especially week one. Maybe over the summer?
I meant something small like 10% off for the first week or something. A lot of games seem to do that. Thankfully, it seems my laptop meets the min. requirements.

I meant something small like 10% off for the first week or something. A lot of games seem to do that. Thankfully, it seems my laptop meets the min. requirements.
Ah, I got you. Not sure about quick sales, but as Steam goes, that's out of the developer's control. He will be selling the game through his website, too, and in the Q&As he's done, he hasn't mentioned that. I believe he said "around $20" somewhere in there.

On performance, he had a very limited set of alpha testers, so PC requirements may be tough to call. He put a lot of effort into bug squashing, though, so for the configurations represented by his pool of testers, I would imagine the game is very stable.

BUMP. Lots of LPs out there for this title, should give you an idea if it's up your alley.

It's supposedly being priced at $19.99 on Steam, and you can buy a DRM-free copy (+ Steam Key) direct from the developer for the same price.

bread's done
Back