* * * * * 14 votes

Nintendo 3DS XL Gold Zelda Limited Edition $150 at Target on Black Friday 11/28-11/30

#1111 Shinypsptitans   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Shinypsptitans

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Tried Target, no 3DS XL's left at all, tried to PM the one I bought at Best Buy, they told me they won't price match any Friday sales at all :(  Guess it's going back to bestbuy because I'm not paying $230+ for the thing with taxes...

Sale is tom as well, maybe BB will match?

#1112 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2971 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Definitely Chaos.
ScreenShot2013-11-29at21856PM_zps566972c

Did you buy three 3DS XLs and 3 Element TVs or did you just take a picture at Target like that?

#1113 Bent 00   Show me ya moves! CAGiversary!   963 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

I don't live near a Target, and neither of the two Wal-Marts near me had the gold XL in stock, even though walmart.com said they did. No luck price-matching a copy of Zelda: ALBW either. Ehh...

#1114 JBLAZEisaCAG   Deal seeker CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

JBLAZEisaCAG

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

Went into a ghetto target. Walked out with a zelda for $150. No fuss, no cuss, no problem. They also had mario super strikers wii on clearance for $13. Took that shit too.

Dunno why, but this made me laugh out loud

#1115 Cheapchuck   CAG Elite CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Cheapchuck

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

Went to two Target's, one of them said in stock online, I got the run around and left with nothing but a phone number to waay West Phoenix as they were to have them in stock, but that store won't answer! The Walmart's round here are straight Nazi when it comes to deals, so I'm not even trying to price match... I originally wanted a couple to sell, now after all this and reading dozens of pages brings back Zelda memories & now I'm in this crack addict gotta have it mood! I did call in & vented a little, and the lady slipped in saying to me the online sale has yet to start. This was just before the online price adjustment went to $149.99. Clicking refresh every minute all day is hardly worth a $70 savings, yet I can't stop!!!

#1116 kevinmlssu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

kevinmlssu

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

Got mine, thanks everyone.

Walked in after 40 min outside. Had a bin near mens with only the blue and black consoles. Same as others made my way over to electronics and they had 10 behind the glass marked 219.99. Also saw Pacific Rim on blu for $6 while there which will make a nice addition to my collection.

Stopped at walmart and also got myself a cheap $99 xbox 360. Think i did alright on black friday 

#1117 JustIvan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

JustIvan

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

Did you buy three 3DS XLs and 3 Element TVs or did you just take a picture at Target like that?

We bought them.

#1118 OuTrAgE   Senior Llama CAGiversary!   1211 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

Anybody selling an extra for $175-$180?

#1119 grap3fruitman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

grap3fruitman

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

Anyone near the Wood Dale, IL Target? I'm going to return the gold 3DS I bought at full price last week so someone could grab that at the sale price today.

#1120 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2971 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

We bought them.

Those the $229 50 inch HDTVs? Dang, I wanted one of those. Settled for a 40" Westinghouse, and a Zelda bundle. Not bad, but not as impressive as your haul!

#1121 Jiseru   robo CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

Thanks for the resources!

I used this to Price Match the one I bought last Saturday for $200.   Didn't have any issues what so ever, though I did not bother bringing in Target's BF ad as I thought it'd make it harder to get since it says in their Ad Match Policy that they won't honor it.

I simply said Target dropped the price, it was still in stock locally (which it is in 2 stores out of 12) and that I took a picture of a target price scanner showing it rings up at the Twitter price.

Refunded me $60 without a hassle.

I think I'll try this, but given they pretty much list this is 11/28-11/30, I feel like they will just flat out ignore the refund/price adjustment. Do you just need your receipt or did you bring the Zelda box to make it look more like you'd return otherwise?

#1122 GuardianE   S-Rank CAGiversary!   4479 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

Do they generally make additional runs of these bundles, or is it limited to what's currently in circulation?  I'm just trying to figure out how hard I want to push to get one of these.

#1123 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   864 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

Do they generally make additional runs of these bundles, or is it limited to what's currently in circulation?  I'm just trying to figure out how hard I want to push to get one of these.

The way it works in the states is that Nintendo usually offers one limited edition bundle at a time. In September we got the Pokemon 3DS's, in November we got the Zelda, and now December we are getting the Mario and Luigi Silver one. American Retailers hate having these limited edition ones so they only are given a certain amount that they know will sell out rather quickly.

I dont expect any more shipments for the Zelda Bundle, a lot seemed to have shipped though anyway. Retailers need to make room for the Mario and Luigi ones which come out December 3rd. (although some have reported getting it early). Just dont sit around for to long if you really want the Zelda Edition because prolly whats left is it forever.

#1124 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

No. In fact, I can't remember a time when Nintendo has done another print run (they even said doing another print run of the Fire Emblem system was illegal in Japan). 

However, don't assume because there is a finite amount, that it will be worth something or be impossible to find. Some of these bundles stick around for weeks and in some cases months before selling out completely. One of the few exceptions was the Pikachu 3DS XL, since that one was the first, most limited (based off our anecdotal evidence) and had the best promotion / deal. Also, Nintendo seems more open to doing these in North America, so if you don't like the current systems and don't mind paying the additional money for a better design, you might want to wait. 

#1125 ctguitarguy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

ctguitarguy

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

So I originally went through hell just to get my Target purchased Zelda 3DS price matched to 199 via the walmart sale from last week. However, I made a casual visit to walmart a short while ago, not going in with the expectation of buying this, I had already made me peace with 199$. I was going in to get some other games/deals.

However, this is a particularly scummy and absent minded walmart, and noticed they had 3 units left. I just casually asked if they would price match, and I didn't even have a flyer, and eventually the employee got the manager who said yes. I promptly purchased it, as did my friend with me. We were both amazed we pulled that off, and I then went and returned my target bought system (which felt kinda strange to do) and got a full refund back, in cash! I went and deposited the cash refund in the bank and I was good to go. I also picked up jak and daxter HD collection for PS3 for $9.99. Twas a good BF.

#1126 Hemi   One with the never-ending backlog. CAGiversary!   2945 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

I hadn't been able to find one within like 30 miles since yesterday even x.x wen't out 4 seperate times checking stores that "had it in stock" yet the same thing people were reporting. Inventory shows stock, yet the employees INSIST they have NONE... I even had them actually check a few times and nope.

I had to settle for a darned Red XL I managed to get at walmart...

#1127 danip   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

I went to walmart today to see if they would PM the difference (purchased the system last week) and they did it without any problems. I showed them two pictures; the target price scanner & one of a walmart in some other state that honored the target price. I'm very happy I got such an amazing deal! This was in Imperial Valley, California.

#1128 Jiseru   robo CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

I never have any fucking luck with this. I was basically told I need a physical ad. I also ran out of ink so I only was able to print half of the tweet, so it was probably partially my fault and partially this Walmart's policy. I think I give up trying to get the difference, though.

#1129 Ryouko   Where's my danish?! CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

My boyfriend saw the Zelda 3DS I bought earlier at Wal-Mart, so we ended up going back out and getting the last one in stock for him too. He already has the game (I got it for him for Christmas last week, lol), so if anyone wants the Download Code for $30, send me a message and I'd be happy to send it to you.

Edit: Download Code is sold. :3

#1130 omnicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

omnicious

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

Just bought one of the last three at a Target.  Was sitting right out in the case but the advice about giving the item number to have them check is good.  They told me exactly how many were left.  Those three were it.

#1131 kermit036   ready P1 CAGiversary!   301 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:55 AM

So in a moment of weakness and extreme luck I bought the Zelda 3DS XL. I got out of work at 6pm and I didn't think they would have any left over at Target of these bundles. To my surprise there was one left so in my excitement I bought it. The thing is I already have the Pikachu 3DS XL.  Should I return the Zelda 3DS or sell the Pikachu 3DS? These are two of my favorite series so I can't pick based on that which one to keep. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

#1132 Blandco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   248 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

Well I called my local Walmart and they won't price match internet ads.  Only physical ads.

And as far as I know no physical ad had the Zelda 3DS in it.  Unless someone know differently?

#1133 caponetone   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

caponetone

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

Quoting you in this because it's how I price matched at Walmart, and I hope it'll help you.

I head into Walmart with these pictures printed out: 
"black friday ad"

"Nintendo tweet stating that it costs 149.99"

I checked to see if they had any left in stock. They had at least eight of them, so I quickly shuffle over to the counter in the electronic department and spoke to a guy working. He looked at the Target ad and said okay. So we walk over to the case and he pulls out the regular black 3DS and was going to grab the game separately. Yeah, no. I explained that I wanted the Legend of Zelda one. He really didn't say anything against it. He took one out and we went back to the cash register. He scans it up and does the price match. He then had to call a manager over to override the system so it could do the price match. We waited 25 minutes for the manager to show up and he looked at the papers and said no at first, but then saw the tweet and said okay. I asked if I could grab another and I now have two LoZ bundles.

You are the man! All the Zelda 3DS' were sold out at the 2 Targets near my area in VA Beach. So I took your advice and printed out the target black Friday ad along with the Nintendo of America tweet and went to walmart. They had 2 Zelda 3DS' left and they were cool with price matching but they said it only applied regular 3DS' at first. I then showed him the target ad along with the Nintendo tweet, I said I knew multiple people that price matched it in different walmarts so he called his manager. His manager was cool and overrode the price and I got both Zelda 3DS's for 149.99 a piece (plus 16 bucks tax). I'm going to flip one of these on craigslist. Thank You!

#1134 Worseley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

I think I'll try this, but given they pretty much list this is 11/28-11/30, I feel like they will just flat out ignore the refund/price adjustment. Do you just need your receipt or did you bring the Zelda box to make it look more like you'd return otherwise?

I just brought the picture of the scanner, the tweet and my receipt (which I needed to get a Price Match Guarantee and the $60 refunded to giftcard).

#1135 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6811 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

Definitely Chaos.ScreenShot2013-11-29at21856PM_zps566972c

Element? FLOL, wtf, is that Target's store brand like Best Buy's Dynex or (Circuit City?) Proscan?

#1136 ctguitarguy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

ctguitarguy

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

So in a moment of weakness and extreme luck I bought the Zelda 3DS XL. I got out of work at 6pm and I didn't think they would have any left over at Target of these bundles. To my surprise there was one left so in my excitement I bought it. The thing is I already have the Pikachu 3DS XL.  Should I return the Zelda 3DS or sell the Pikachu 3DS? These are two of my favorite series so I can't pick based on that which one to keep. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I kept both my pikachu and my new zelda system.

#1137 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

Zelda is over saturated at the moment, so you probably won't even break even on it. Pikachu appears to be the rarest to date, so it will sell for more, but there is a definite chance you might never get one again (at least for a reasonable price). My advice? Just hold onto both or return Zelda or be an awesome CAG and sell someone it for cost + shipping and then move on with your life. 

#1138 Hershey07   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Hershey07

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

A few Targets have been listed as "in-stock" all day but when I call them they tell me they're out of stock. How accurate is the inventory checker? Would it help if I provided the DPCI number?

#1139 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

A few Targets have been listed as "in-stock" all day but when I call them they tell me they're out of stock. How accurate is the inventory checker? Would it help if I provided the DPCI number?

If they tell you it's out of stock, then it probably is. The system is accurate, but it doesn't constantly update. So if they have stock, even 10 of them, but they sell within an hour and the system won't update till 23 hours from now, then it will appear as in stock. 

#1140 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6811 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

If they tell you it's out of stock, then it probably is. The system is accurate, but it doesn't constantly update. So if they have stock, even 10 of them, but they sell within an hour and the system won't update till 23 hours from now, then it will appear as in stock.

The online inventory checker updates very rapidly. I've also been checking it intermittently and seen stores dropping from in stock to not available throughout the day. If its listed "in stock" then there are units in the system at that store that haven't been rung up, but as I noted previously they could be anywhere (including stolen). Calling a target for these is just about useless. You have to physically go there and check the in store price scanners and/or personally view the inventory counts on the register screens or PDAs for the DPCI