Atlus Black Friday sale, PSN, eShop and in-store

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Got an e-mail.  I'm just gonna lazily paste it in here.

BE SURE TO CHECK THIS THREAD

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319295-psn-weekly-deals-1126-spend-60-get-10-promotion-ends-123-lots-of-thanksgiving-sales-soul-sacrifice-free-for-ps-2nd-post-black-friday/

FOR ALL PSN DEALS, INCLUDING THESE (minus the sole 3DS eShop deal at the bottom)

YOU KNEW IT WAS COMING, NOW FIND OUT HOW GREAT IT IS: 
THE ATLUS BLACK FRIDAY SALE OF INSANITY

It's almost Black Friday! We don't want to see any of our fans get hospitalized during the inevitable shopper stampede on Friday morning, so we've done two things for you:

1) Our Black Friday sales are digital as well as in stores! So you can fight the crowds if that's your thing, or purchase the games online if that's what floats your proverbial boat.

2) Our sales are starting earlier than Friday! So you can buy them for yourselves or others and not have to worry about missing a family gathering because you're waiting in line somewhere in the bitter cold. 

Sales info below! 
[SIZE=12pt]PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita Sales[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]Nov. 26 - Dec. 3[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]​
Practically the entire ATLUS catalogs for PS3 and PS Vita are on sale! Dragon's Crown for PS3 and Vita are the lowest they've ever been at $29.99 each! The PS2 classics Odin Sphere and Stella Deusare just $5 apiece! Own Persona 4 Arena already? All the DLC is on sale, most of it for just 99 cents, or get the Ultimate Edition to get the game and every DLC for it ever! Sale prices below. 

Demon's Souls
Normally $19.99​
Now $13.39​
Dragon's Crown (PS3)
Normally $49.99​
Now $29.99​
DLC also discounted​
Dragon's Crown (PS Vita)
Normally $39.99​
Now $29.99​
DLC also discounted​
Droplitz
Normally $4.99​
Now 99 cents​

Game of Thrones
Normally $19.99​
Now $4.99​

God Mode
Normally $9.99​
Now $2.99​
Persona 4 Arena
Normally $29.99​
Now $14.99 ​
DLC individually discounted!​
Persona 4 Arena: Ultimate Edition
Normally $44.99​
Now $22.99 ​
The U.E. Includes ALL DLC!​

R.I.P.D.: The Game
Normally $9.99​
Now $2.99​
The Cursed Crusade
Normally $19.99​
Now $9.99​
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Normally $29.99​
Now $19.99​
Trine 2 (PS3)
Normally $14.99​
Now $4.99​
Zeno Clash II
Normally $14.99​
Now $4.99​
Odin Sphere (PSN)
Normally $9.99​
Now $4.99​
Stella Deus (PSN)
Normally $9.99​
Now $4.99​
S.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Nintendo 3DS Sales[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]Nov. 28 - Dec. 2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]This is it. The big one. I hope you're thankful this Thanksgiving, because starting on Thanksgiving Day, Shin Megami Tensei IV is going to be on sale for $29.99. That's $20 off the usual retail price! The lowest price it's ever been. Oh, and the DLC is on sale too -- everything has been marked down under $2! But this is the quickest sale of the bunch, so get it while it lasts! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

Shin Megami Tensei IV
Normally $49.99
Now $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I might grab Stella Deus, though I doubt I'll ever play it.  If all my PSN stuff worked on PS4 and would remote play on my Vita, I'd be a lot more tempted to get a PS4.

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I'm confused about their comment about getting these prices in stores.

Does this mean that Atlus is contacting certain retailers to reduce the MSRP for these games during the sale period? It says the sale starts today, but I checked Gamestop and Best Buy's websites, and they don't have the sale price listed.

Is there somewhere else to go to get the physical disc version of these games, or perhaps do I just need to wait another day for the retailers to update their prices?

OK I'm totally confused, where are you supposed to buy physical copies from? I don't see an actual buying section on Atlus' website...
I think it was on their Twitter feed that they said the in store prices started on the 29th. But they did not specify what stores. I asked, but doubt there will be a response. Hope someone else has location information!

I think it was on their Twitter feed that they said the in store prices started on the 29th. But they did not specify what stores. I asked, but doubt there will be a response. Hope someone else has location information!
Ahh, ok, I checked their twitter and they mention the Persona and Dragon's Crown sales starting the 29th in store.

For anyone that isn't already aware, Gamestop already had the game in their Black Friday ad as being on sale for 29.99, so that's at least one place that will have it for that price for sure.

Waiting for physical Shin IV to hit $20-30 mostly because I don't want to shell out for a high capacity memory card.

Is Trine 2 only PS3? Would it work on both PS3 and PS4? If so, $5 is a great deal.

Edit: Just found out, PS3 only :(

Wishing they would have included more 3DS eShop titles.  I have EO: Millenium Girl cartridge, but I'd love it as a download for $20.  And EOIV would be nice as well.

Wishing they would have included more 3DS eShop titles. I have EO: Millenium Girl cartridge, but I'd love it as a download for $20. And EOIV would be nice as well.
It would probably be $30, not $20. Pretty new! EOIV would be $20, though. I think they were just recently on sale for $20 and $30, mate. Gotta keep a close eye on the eShop for sales. :) Or join Friskytanuki's eShop sale threads.

so yeah repeating myself, but what does "and in-store" in the title mean?  I don't have any interest in digital versions yet.  I didn't get an email from Atlus, not sure if I ever ordered through them.

Come on! Dragon's Crown needs to drop to $20 already while I'm on another Vita kick. Probably in for God Mode and maybe Persona Arena.
I agree. It's already been $30 twice already, both times within one or two months of each other.

so yeah repeating myself, but what does "and in-store" in the title mean? I don't have any interest in digital versions yet. I didn't get an email from Atlus, not sure if I ever ordered through them.
I don't know, honestly. I assume they mean retail stores as well as web stores. It might not start right away, but they also say their sales start earlier; I don't know if that means start earlier in store, too, or what. Sorry!

I just got the e-mail cause I'm on their newsletter list.

Thanks doppelganger! I have Dragon Crown on my wish list, I'll proabably snag it at Gamestop :)

Ahh, ok, I checked their twitter and they mention the Persona and Dragon's Crown sales starting the 29th in store.

For anyone that isn't already aware, Gamestop already had the game in their Black Friday ad as being on sale for 29.99, so that's at least one place that will have it for that price for sure.

I don't know, honestly. I assume they mean retail stores as well as web stores. It might not start right away, but they also say their sales start earlier; I don't know if that means start earlier in store, too, or what. Sorry!

I just got the e-mail cause I'm on their newsletter list.
Ok so I guess that somewhat confirms physical copies will be on sale, sorta like when they were 3ds games on sale on eshop and Amazon/BB (and GS online only) had sales. I missed out on $20 Etrian Odyssey IV for $20 so want that. A cheap SMT IV would be great too

A bunch of sale prices are live at GameStop, in case you didn't check there.

From what I've heard, publishers have a lot less control over sale prices on XBL compared to PSN.
yeah looks like P4G and SMTIV (maybe more) are on sale online.

I imagine Gamestop and maybe Amazon will be the only two places to get these prices for physical copies.

Fry's will have Dragon's Crown for PS3 for $25 on Thursday/Friday (their weird "reserve online and pick up later" thing), FWIW.  Not sure about Vita.

It would probably be $30, not $20. Pretty new! EOIV would be $20, though. I think they were just recently on sale for $20 and $30, mate. Gotta keep a close eye on the eShop for sales. :) Or join Friskytanuki's eShop sale threads.
Yeah, the problem is, I didn't have a 3ds until last Friday. So I was hoping for a repeat of their EO sales. ;)

Yeah, the problem is, I didn't have a 3ds until last Friday. So I was hoping for a repeat of their EO sales. ;)
If you wait, they'll come around again!

I got tired of waiting for a sale on the Ys PSP games and bought all three for $15 each. Of course, this week they're now $7! But that's because of the new Ys release, too...

It seems like Atlus is pretty aggressive with their sales. But if you want a game badly enough, just get it. If anyone is worth supporting, it's Atlus and Xseed.

If you wait, they'll come around again!

I got tired of waiting for a sale on the Ys PSP games and bought all three for $15 each. Of course, this week they're now $7! But that's because of the new Ys release, too...

It seems like Atlus is pretty aggressive with their sales. But if you want a game badly enough, just get it. If anyone is worth supporting, it's Atlus and Xseed.
Oh sure, I love Atlus. Like I said, I already have Millenium Girl physical, so it's just a desire for a version of the game on my system at all times. Wouldn't mine doing the same with Fire Emblem as well. Although what I'd REALLY love for xmas is for nintendo to move to an account based system with their eShop purchases, instead of this system-based shit.

Oh sure, I love Atlus. Like I said, I already have Millenium Girl physical, so it's just a desire for a version of the game on my system at all times. Wouldn't mine doing the same with Fire Emblem as well. Although what I'd REALLY love for xmas is for nintendo to move to an account based system with their eShop purchases, instead of this system-based shit.
Me too. I vast majority of purchases I make now are digital, but it's not without some anxiety. I'd really like an account system, and I'd also like eShop discounts on retail titles! I think the former is an eventuality, and perhaps the latter as well.

Does anyone know if Shin Megami Tensei 4 is still that big limited edition set?  Are there even standard editions available yet?  I saw it at Fry's and they are still all limited edition copies.  I assume Amazon would be the same, but don't know if I want to risk the item becoming damaged because of their substandard packaging.

Does anyone know if Shin Megami Tensei 4 is still that big limited edition set? Are there even standard editions available yet? I saw it at Fry's and they are still all limited edition copies. I assume Amazon would be the same, but don't know if I want to risk the item becoming damaged because of their substandard packaging.
standard game is out at most places I've seen. I recall only one Best Buy has some LE left last I actually looked.

Earlier this month I was still able to get the LE from Newegg when it was on sale, but it might be hard to come by now.

Your best bet is to go to Best Buy and see if they still have some.

bread's done
Back