Apple iPad Mini 16GB Wifi + $100 Best Buy Gift Card $299.99 (Update: Sold Out)

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/ipad-mini-gift-card-offer-115700

syEggQm.png

Edit: Might be more tomorrow, Best Buy originally planned this as a 2 day event. Offer is also valid in-store for today only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it worth selling a 3rd gen 32gb iPad to buy this? Mom mainly uses it for light browsing and candy crush..

Only reason I would buy it is the warranty into 2014 and the lightning connector (dumb reason I know but no more switching cables to charge)

That $100 GC could be put towards a PS4 too.. Any suggestions

Is it worth selling a 3rd gen 32gb iPad to buy this? Mom mainly uses it for light browsing and candy crush..

Only reason if want it is the warranty into 2014 and the lightning connector (dumb reason I know but no more switching cables to charge)

That $100 GC could be put towards a PS4 too.. Any suggestions

Your mom will lose retina display, screen size, and some memory. They both have A5 processor. Maybe keep the old one if her eyesight isn't great.

Out of Stock for Shipping

• Black and Slate
  • White and Silver
These are the 1gen IPad mini so they don't have retina display correct?
Yes, no retina on 1st gen iPad mini.

Edit: OOS for shipping on all 3 now.

Thanks for the heads up, checked here before my e-mail and was able to grab a gray one.

Not entirely sure who will get it as a present, but someone should be happy about this.

Don't forget to link your AMEX card for the additional $25 cash back. You'll need to redeem the coupon from your AMEX account. I don't need another tablet but this was to good of a deal, thanks OP. I'll use that $100 towards an X1 :whee:

Do you get the gift card when you pick it up in-store or is it mailed?
it will be mailed if you place the order online regardless if you use shipping or in store pickup

Now if the deal is valid in store too then you should get it at the time of purchase

So, not that I'm going to (and please don't get any ideas because it would be pretty sucky of you to do this), but what's to stop people from just...returning the iPad later and keeping the Card?

So, not that I'm going to (and please don't get any ideas because it would be pretty sucky of you to do this), but what's to stop people from just...returning the iPad later and keeping the Card?
A pretty basic retail tactic... on the receipt or invoice (depending if you buy online or in-store) it will include the gift card as part of the package. If you don't return all bundled items the cost of the gift card will be deducted from the return value.

Not trying to put you on the spot but I'm amazed people don't realize this

A pretty basic retail tactic... on the receipt or invoice (depending if you buy online or in-store) it will include the gift card as part of the package. If you don't return all bundled items the cost of the gift card will be deducted from the return value.

Not trying to put you on the spot but I'm amazed people don't realize this
Huh, for some reason when I first put the iPad in my cart, the Gift Card didn't appear, so I thought that it wouldn't show up on the receipt. Just did it again and it appeared. I guess the first time it just didn't even add the card.

Huh, for some reason when I first put the iPad in my cart, the Gift Card didn't appear, so I thought that it wouldn't show up on the receipt. Just did it again and it appeared. I guess the first time it just didn't even add the card.
If you checkout with a gift card in the cart.... you're not getting a gift card.

Reasons for this would be you already participated in the deal or you put the item in your cart using a link that wasn't programmed for the promotion. If you're still having problems clear your cookies or use a new browser in "private (incognito)" mode

If your local staples has any in stock you can try and PM these for $249 as well, I picked up an Ipad4 this week for $236 after doing this and using the GC from the system trade in. 

Dangs wondering about stopping by my BB and getting this actually. Apart from the nice retina is there another difference between this and the new one?

Dangs wondering about stopping by my BB and getting this actually. Apart from the nice retina is there another difference between this and the new one?
The retina mini has a much faster processor. If you are using the regular mini for the basics then the A7 is an overkill plus it's twice the money and there have been complaints about the retina mini screens.

The original ipad mini is the functional equivalent of the ipad 2 in a smaller body. As an ipad 2 owner from launch to around a month ago, if you're looking for a tablet and don't want to spend the $399 for a mini retina, the original ipad mini is a nice system. It's not going to be fast or have incredible power, but it's a nice form factor and will play nearly all ipad apps. Do be aware that these are reaching a point where the latest graphically intensive apps may not run (although developers have often times patched in support after the fact).

The sale included shipping and in store for pickup. It's safe to assume every non-Retina mini is gone thanks to the SD crowd. Don't waste time driving to a store at this point.

If you're not tied to the apple ecosystem, the 2013 Nexus 7 is so much better than the 2012 iPad mini (this one).

So much more value for the buck.

Not trying to start a fanboy war as I'm buying 3 iPads this xmas as gifts.

If you're not tied to the apple ecosystem, the 2013 Nexus 7 is so much better than the 2012 iPad mini (this one).

So much more value for the buck.

Not trying to start a fanboy war as I'm buying 3 iPads this xmas as gifts.
For the avid tablet user yes, for the average mom, no.

Hmm, ordered very early this morning, and nothing yet. I usually receive an immediate response (30 mins max).
Mine was the same on 1 order. They just got me to sign a form saying I picked it up and went ahead and gave it to me. Then when it goes thru I'll already have it. Have a feeling its going to turn into a problem at some point tho especially with the gift card.

bread's done
Back