Square Enix Online Store Sale - Half Off Til 12/2 - DIgital River Shipped

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up it looks like it's digital river... so be scared. On a good note, Metro Last Light Limited Edition for $19.99 that's a great deal.

Submitted price match to Amazon for KH 1.5.  Meijer stores will have it for that price on Friday, would love to save myself the trip.

If you order the LE, I guarantee 5 of you will get it and the rest will get the regular edition and be complaining about them not informing you and not allowing a return.

Shipping kills it for me. There are some good prices on those DS games, but factor in shipping, and they are the same price as Amazon.

If you order the LE, I guarantee 5 of you will get it and the rest will get the regular edition and be complaining about them not informing you and not allowing a return.
man i hope i get the LE. one of the reasons I bought it from them. :S

oh well if i don't get it. good time to pre-order Drakengard 3. been meaning to do that!

any console games they ship you the actual game... I have ordered from them before. Im just going to get a few KH and metros to get over 100 and keep 1 of each, sell rest.

They don't have any regular versions of KH or Metro on their site which is fishy. I hope the 'LE' isn't just a default listing.

anyone having problem checking out? After I click place order button the next page shows up blank blank and is  missing confirmation info. Also did not get confirmation email.

Didn't have problem checking out, but after I got my confirmation email, they sent me a "suspicious activity" email and blocked my account.

Whatever the fuck that means.

Nope. Not buying from Digital River again. Ordered Chrono Trigger from them last year around this time, didn't get it until March of this year.

My advice is to avoid this store like the plague.  I ordered 3 things last year and waited 4 (four) months without any word on what was happening.  When I finally started asking questions, I got the runaround before it was eventually cancelled.  Such a fucking joke and I'm embarrassed on Square's behalf for doing business with them.

My advice is to avoid this store like the plague. I ordered 3 things last year and waited 4 (four) months without any word on what was happening. When I finally started asking questions, I got the runaround before it was eventually cancelled. Such a fucking joke and I'm embarrassed on Square's behalf for doing business with them.
i ordered like $75 worth of stuff last time around and had pretty much the exact same experience. absolutely horrible.

Nope. Not buying from Digital River again. Ordered Chrono Trigger from them last year around this time, didn't get it until March of this year.
Exact same thing happened to me. It sucked because I had other in-stock games in my order that got held up for months.

My friend ordered 8 games in that sale and apparently they all had to be in stock at the same time for them to ship. They won't do it one by one.

So he got his shipment in July.

A bunch of Square Enix games (KH 1.5, KH 3D, Tomb Raider, FF14, Theatrhythm, etc.) will be Lightning Deals on Amazon starting at 12:01 AM Pacific time on Thursday.

Metro - Last Light would've been a no-brainer at $20, but the shipping charges make it almost $27; and, at that point, it moves into my "wait for a Gamefly sale" category.

So crappy that they're charging nearly 3x what it would cost to ship a single item.

I don't know if anyone else had better luck, but I tried making a purchase 3 times, only to be booted back to my shopping cart after hitting the order submit button.

All the items I hoped to buy were in stock so ... A bit confused.  I don't appear to have been charged, so at least I won't have to try and get two superfluous orders cancelled, but it is a bit frustrating.

I don't know if anyone else had better luck, but I tried making a purchase 3 times, only to be booted back to my shopping cart after hitting the order submit button.

All the items I hoped to buy were in stock so ... A bit confused. I don't appear to have been charged, so at least I won't have to try and get two superfluous orders cancelled, but it is a bit frustrating.
I had the same thing happen. At the top mine says Shopping cart>> Billing >> Order completed, with a reference number, so...its gone through, I guess?

have you tried just going over $100? instead of 111.10?
Yeah I added a bunch of random stuff that totaled $111.03 and a message came up that said I needed to add .07 more for free shipping. Then I changed the quantity for one of the games from 1 to 2 and shipping changed to free.

I had the same thing happen. At the top mine says Shopping cart>> Billing >> Order completed, with a reference number, so...its gone through, I guess?
I saw the same thing, but I suspect that you may be misinterpretting the page. I believe that page is showing you the steps of purchasing. And it always seems to display a reference number on the shopping cart.

For example, if I go to the store now, and add something random, then view the shopping cart, I'll see exactly the same thing you describe.

I saw the same thing, but I suspect that you may be misinterpretting the page. I believe that page is showing you the steps of purchasing. And it always seems to display a reference number on the shopping cart.

For example, if I go to the store now, and add something random, then view the shopping cart, I'll see exactly the same thing you describe.
Yeah you're right, it doesn't look as if the order went through (no email confirmation, and no charge on my Paypal). So...WTF. A sale where you can't buy anything.

Would love to get a few of these games but no way am I going to buy from Digital River. Be warned that you will likely end up getting jerked around and they don't won't accept returns.

Would love to get a few of these games but no way am I going to buy from Digital River. Be warned that you will likely end up getting jerked around and they don't won't accept returns.
Was gonna buy KH 1.5 and KH3D but after reading this comment and others I decided not to.

Thanks CAG! I cant believe some people actually got their shipments months after ordering o_O.

Think that would really happen?
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/320798-monster-hunter-3-ultimate-wii-u-nintendo-classic-controller-pro-1999-8-shipping/

Like some people in that thread, I tried to cancel some games I ordered in this sale last year after two months of them being back ordered, received an email that they received the cancellation request, then got an email a month or so after that saying that they couldn't cancel them and shipped them instead and that I could initiate a return when I received them. I kept them but never EVER again am I ordering anything that they're involved with.

Whenever Digital River is involved,

405px-Photograph_of_Mrs._Reagan_speaking_at_a_%22Just_Say_No%22_Rally_in_Los_Angeles_-_NARA_-_198584.jpg

Metro - Last Light would've been a no-brainer at $20, but the shipping charges make it almost $27; and, at that point, it moves into my "wait for a Gamefly sale" category.

So crappy that they're charging nearly 3x what it would cost to ship a single item.
THIS!!! Would have definitely bit on Metro, but the CAG in me, refuses to pay that much for shipping, much less any shipping cost at all....

OP, I agree with this and you should update with a disclaimer with an "at your risk"

My $200 order through Paypal just got refunded without explanation.

the picture on their black friday ad is the regular version so i would say most likely you are getting the regular one..
The email I got from S-E specifically says Limited Edition on sale

Yeah you're right, it doesn't look as if the order went through (no email confirmation, and no charge on my Paypal). So...WTF. A sale where you can't buy anything.
I had to make a whole new account just to get through checkout. It said I had an account already but the forgot password function didn't work.

bread's done
Back