12-month Xbox Live Digital Codes: $39.99 at Microsoft Store

Great deal considering I was going to bravely go into Target today and snatch up four 3-month cards.

Saved me a trip- thanks!

Edit; No tax for me either....I recommend double-checking and make sure you are getting the DIGITAL code live membership, not the card. Amazon is sure to match this price at this point. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the physical card from Amazon for 39.99 (because of XBONE game purchase) and they didn't charge me tax even though they started charging tax here in TX last year.  I don't know why MS store would follow different rules?

If you guys have a Bing Rewards account you can get a 5% off code for the MS Store for this weekend. I don't know if it works with this deal but it is worth checking out

Ummm logged into MS Store with my XBL email address, it shows my name and a previous credit card, I ordered, added a different credit card, and it said my order was being processed after submitting.

No confirmation email to my email address, I go to my profile on the MS Store website, no order history, says I haven't placed any orders yet.  On the Chase website it already shows the temp authorization for $39.99 from MS STore. WTF?

UPDATE:

Contacted Live Chat person, she informs me that the order is processing, having to go through a "review team" for my "financial security" and that it usually takes up to 72 hours.  I asked why there was no order history showing up and basically no record of the purchase on their end that I could see but already pending charges on my credit card. She stated due to the high traffic on the website they are having issues. Be aware it may take up to 72 hours for your purchase.

I used Paypal. It processed immediately and I received my digital code within 15 minutes.

Ummm logged into MS Store with my XBL email address, it shows my name and a previous credit card, I ordered, added a different credit card, and it said my order was being processed after submitting.

No confirmation email to my email address, I go to my profile on the MS Store website, no order history, says I haven't placed any orders yet. On the Chase website it already shows the temp authorization for $39.99 from MS STore. WTF?

UPDATE:

Contacted Live Chat person, she informs me that the order is processing, having to go through a "review team" for my "financial security" and that it usually takes up to 72 hours. I asked why there was no order history showing up and basically no record of the purchase on their end that I could see but already pending charges on my credit card. She stated due to the high traffic on the website they are having issues. Be aware it may take up to 72 hours for your purchase.
Same thing happened to me dude! The guy told me that I would receive it in 4 hours, but I ended up receiving it 30 minutes later.

Grabbed a code earlier and received the code within 5 min of ordering. Redeemed online with no issues. Now I wish I could find some deals on X1 games I don't own

No confirmation email to my email address, I go to my profile on the MS Store website, no order history, says I haven't placed any orders yet. On the Chase website it already shows the temp authorization for $39.99 from MS STore. WTF?

UPDATE:

Contacted Live Chat person, she informs me that the order is processing, having to go through a "review team" for my "financial security" and that it usually takes up to 72 hours. I asked why there was no order history showing up and basically no record of the purchase on their end that I could see but already pending charges on my credit card. She stated due to the high traffic on the website they are having issues. Be aware it may take up to 72 hours for your purchase.
I noticed the same thing in regards to the order missing from my MS Store account. It took a good 30-40 minutes this morning for me to get my XBL code and even now it still doesn't show in my account.

Yet, I log into XBL today and see my credit card number is listed on my Xbox console settings. Which is ironic because the whole reason why I bought the code is because I didn't want my card anywhere near my console. How is that for financial security?

Can't believe I missed this since been wanting a good deal although at this price point the tax would bring the price up to close to what that other website usually sells them for.

bread's done
Back