* * * * - 29 votes

Cheap 3DS Sale Thread

3ds cheap sale

#1861 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:25 PM

I dunno. Its mainly a matter of which game you would rather have. I bought both only for the purpose of collecting the Zelda one to keep Factory sealed.

The Mario and Luigi bundle was to play on and was my first 3DS.

Monetary wise Zelda is going to be worth more in the future.

And on the subject of the pink 3DS. I am not saying I wouldn´t have got one if I could. I just wouldn´t want to leave the house with it.

Same reason I dont drive a pink car or use anything in pink. I do like one thing that is pink though. Its not a electronic.

Thanks the mario one is what I'm leaning toward also but the mario n luigi drawing on the console is it built into the 3ds or is it just a mario or luigi sticker? I always get every zelda game but eh the idea the zelda bundle has a download code is what doesn't grab my attention I prefer physical copies when it come to 1st party games and thanks for the reply

#1862 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2316 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:33 PM

Thanks the mario one is what I'm leaning toward also but the mario n luigi drawing on the console is it built into the 3ds or is it just a mario or luigi sticker? I always get every zelda game but eh the idea the zelda bundle has a download code is what doesn't grab my attention I prefer physical copies when it come to 1st party games and thanks for the reply

The design is built in. I don´t think any 3DS has stickers or decals. Its etched into the system. Same with Zelda.

#1863 moveonjenkins   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

moveonjenkins

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:54 PM

I don't know why everyone is crying out the Pink 3DS XL. It's the one I own and the color is pleasing to the eyes, i'm also a fan of the white color for the inside. I have gotten comments, as I'm a dude but I just don't care. I my get another design down the road but am happy with it anyway, though I have to say that Theatrythm one is one I would consider purchasing.

I'm not one to go around sporting pink, not bright pink anyway - not because of its stigma, but because I'm not big on the color; I'm also not big on other popular colors, to be honest (blue... yuck). Anyway, when I first saw the pink/white 3DS XL I HAD to have it. It's gorgeous. Great shade of pink and the white interior is also great.

And kudos for not caring. Pink used to be a "boy color" anyway.

But yeah, that Theatrythm model is nice.

#1864 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2316 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

I'm not one to go around sporting pink, not bright pink anyway - not because of its stigma, but because I'm not big on the color; I'm also not big on other popular colors, to be honest (blue... yuck). Anyway, when I first saw the pink/white 3DS XL I HAD to have it. It's gorgeous. Great shade of pink and the white interior is also great.

And kudos for not caring. Pink used to be a "boy color" anyway.

But yeah, that Theatrythm model is nice.

Yeah I don´t ever remember pink being a boy color.

Growing up whenever their was a choice of colors it was my sister getting pink and me blue, green etc,

#1865 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2309 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

Growing up whenever their was a choice of colors it was my sister getting pink and me blue, green etc,

I don't think he meant in the last twelve years.

Spoiler

#1866 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5755 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

You never lived in the 80's then. Lots of boys wore pink especially in the skateboard scene.

#1867 V878   Let's hug it out CAGiversary!   1007 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

I don't recall if the ones on sale were the pure pink XL's (do they sell those here?) or the pink/white ones, but if it's the latter, I don't really understand the big stigma with them. If it bugs you that much, I can't imagine it's too difficult to find some big stickers to place over the front and back of the clam shell, since the inside of the unit is white. That costs what, an extra $5-$10 on top of the $35 for the system? Still a pretty awesome deal.

Edit: Or you can buy a case like this and not see the pink at all.

#1868 PandaSmuggl3r  

PandaSmuggl3r

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:24 AM

I just bought a black case to go around the shell. 

#1869 YellowGameboyColor   Banned Banned   3239 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

You could always just http://www.amazon.co...keywords=3ds xl

#1870 Mixer23   I was the Turkey! CAGiversary!   3548 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

I can't imagine that Animal Crossing: New Leaf has seen many sales, right?

Seriously?  It's one of the best-selling titles on the 3DS.

*EDIT*

Realized what you mean, it got down to $22 last year and has been below $30 multiple times.

#1871 King Trax   Crazy! CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

King Trax

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

I can't imagine that Animal Crossing: New Leaf has seen many sales, right?

LOL...you're joking right?  :D/

#1872 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2413 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

I'm pretty sure he means sales as in being discounted, not units sold.

Black Friday was probably the last significant sale. If you have GCU it will be $28 from Best Buy now.

#1873 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:36 AM

Edit: Or you can buy a case like this and not see the pink at all.

I love that care but find it super ironic that it's about 25% the same shade of pink and know that a lot of people who wouldn't carry the pink system would still use that case.

#1874 V878   Let's hug it out CAGiversary!   1007 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:01 AM

I love that care but find it super ironic that it's about 25% the same shade of pink and know that a lot of people who wouldn't carry the pink system would still use that case.

Probably true. Guess if you throw in a little blue everything works out.

#1875 MC Kage   ATLien CAGiversary!   922 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:20 AM

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

#1876 U BE DA MAN   Go Pats! CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

U BE DA MAN

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:54 AM

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Exactly how I feel every time I enter the thread...

#1877 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:29 AM

Well it's not probably something a ton of people are looking for and seems to have been this price for a while but it's something I heard about the other day and quite want now.  

Aliens Infestation $10.36 from a couple well rated Prime sellers.

Seems to be a pretty decent Metroidvania game that was largely overlooked because it came out after the DS was pretty much dead.  Picked it up cartridge only from GS today for $9.53 with tax so for less than a dollar more I figure I may as well return it and get a complete new copy.

#1878 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3209 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:36 AM

http://www.destructo...on-270073.phtml

Destructoid has a 10% off link for play-asia. Play-asia has a few interesting buys, like kid icarus for $30, or the LE of SMT IV for $43.

#1879 AngelsPlight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

AngelsPlight

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:10 AM

http://www.walmart.c...ner=lw9MynSeamY

Harvest moon New Beginnings and Hometown Story $20 each

#1880 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8802 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:27 AM

New Beginning is awesome...I can't wait for the next one...Hometown Story is pretty bad though, pass on it, it's hard to control, very shallow and pretty basic overall.

#1881 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3871 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

I don't know why everyone is crying out the Pink 3DS XL. It's the one I own and the color is pleasing to the eyes, i'm also a fan of the white color for the inside. I have gotten comments, as I'm a dude but I just don't care. I my get another design down the road but am happy with it anyway, though I have to say that Theatrythm one is one I would consider purchasing.

I got a pink 3ds xl from kmart too. It looks pretty good and easy on the eyes. U know girls love guys that rock pink.

#1882 lovepig78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:54 AM

For all you guy rocking Pink XLs

http://www.etsy.com/...pink-3ds-or-3ds

#1883 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:18 AM

I submitted a PM to Amazon, if they lower the price of Hometown that comes with the plush I'll consider getting it since I know someone who would get a kick out of it. Had the game originally pre-ordered at Amazon but ended up canceling because of all the negative reviews.

#1884 happydogs   Razor barrel. CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

happydogs

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

Well it's not probably something a ton of people are looking for and seems to have been this price for a while but it's something I heard about the other day and quite want now.  

Aliens Infestation $10.36 from a couple well rated Prime sellers.

Seems to be a pretty decent Metroidvania game that was largely overlooked because it came out after the DS was pretty much dead.  Picked it up cartridge only from GS today for $9.53 with tax so for less than a dollar more I figure I may as well return it and get a complete new copy.

Looks fun, and cheap enough for me.  Nabbed one; thanks!

Incidentally, i've ordered from hitgaming(through Amazon) a bunch of times, and they've always proven quick and reliable.

#1885 darkkyo1  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

Shin Megami Tensei IV is $37.99 at the Best Buy Website, does anyone know if its the Limited Edition one?

#1886 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

They have a bunch of other cool looking decals for xl's.  Thanks for the link!  I may pick up a slime decal for the blue xl I own.

#1887 lovepig78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

They have a bunch of other cool looking decals for xl's.  Thanks for the link!  I may pick up a slime decal for the blue xl I own.

I know, I use to have the slime decal on my blue 3DS XL before I sold it.  That link was specifically for those people that were fortunate enough to get a $35 Pink 3DS XLs.

#1888 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

I know, I use to have the slime decal on my blue 3DS XL before I sold it.  That link was specifically for those people that were fortunate enough to get a $35 Pink 3DS XLs.

I'm down with that, I had not realized this website existed, so I thought I'd mention that the link you provided offered more than just that one decal since they seem to specialize in custom decals for all types of 3ds(xl)s.  Also picked up a triforce decal for my zelda xl.  Will probably pick up either the kirby or the sylveon decal for the pink one for my daughter.  Blue slime is for my son's xl.

#1889 Brachabre  

Brachabre

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

DELETED 

#1890 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Gotta love a 3DS with nipples!