* * * * - 29 votes

Cheap 3DS Sale Thread

3ds cheap sale

#1921 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   1066 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

Is this game worth it?

13.94 GCU

Just checked out some gameplay it's a side scroller. I'm a huge fan of those, but I'm going to pass. It looks fun though.

I picked it up for $14.99 from GameStop a month or so ago when they had it on sale. Great game. Not so much a sidescroller as it is an objective-based brawler. The little goals keep it from getting super repetitive, you gain XP that you can use on different skills (and then subtract and apply to another one at any time), and the graphics/animations are awesome.

#1922 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

Thanks, In for 1 naruto, Believe it!

#1923 kme06d   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

Now that's one that definitely was a low print run and OOP.

low print run and good game. and segas a buncha dix

So is it worth tracking down?

#1924 BudzMcGee   Clearance Bin Review CAGiversary!   3667 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

Don't know if anyone has posted this but when I was at Best Buy last night I saw Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for $9.99 (so about $8 with GCU). It was not a manager sale or anything, just the price listed on the card that sits behind the games. It's listed as $15.99 on the site though so probably worth calling a local store to make sure before you head out if you're interested. I own it, haven't played it yet, but it is supposed to be pretty good. 

Also, if you can still find them, the 3DS "repackaged" games at Target that come with the "exclusive" stylus (Shinobi, Tetris Axis and some others) are still $9.99. Found a couple at a Target I don't usually go to last night and grabbed Shinobi as I've heard good things. 

#1925 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6150 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

For all you guy rocking Pink XLs

http://www.etsy.com/...pink-3ds-or-3ds

il_570xN.464565793_2zec.jpg

I saw the shipping of $5.xx and thought that was a bit high, then read this in their info:

"If, for any reason, you would like us to ship your item without a tracking number for $2.20 (US ONLY), please contact us before placing your order and we will send a coupon code. No questions asked. Please be warned, if the order is lost, we will need to charge shipping to send it again."

That's cool of them to offer both.

#1926 BudzMcGee   Clearance Bin Review CAGiversary!   3667 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:10 PM

il_570xN.464565793_2zec.jpg

I saw the shipping of $5.xx and thought that was a bit high, then read this in their info:

"If, for any reason, you would like us to ship your item without a tracking number for $2.20 (US ONLY), please contact us before placing your order and we will send a coupon code. No questions asked. Please be warned, if the order is lost, we will need to charge shipping to send it again."

That's cool of them to offer both.

That is a brilliant idea on how to make you feel better about having a bright pink 3DS. 

#1927 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3834 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

Don't know if anyone has posted this but when I was at Best Buy last night I saw Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for $9.99 (so about $8 with GCU). It was not a manager sale or anything, just the price listed on the card that sits behind the games. It's listed as $15.99 on the site though so probably worth calling a local store to make sure before you head out if you're interested. I own it, haven't played it yet, but it is supposed to be pretty good. 

Also, if you can still find them, the 3DS "repackaged" games at Target that come with the "exclusive" stylus (Shinobi, Tetris Axis and some others) are still $9.99. Found a couple at a Target I don't usually go to last night and grabbed Shinobi as I've heard good things. 

fyi shinobi is $5 at big lots

#1928 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8144 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

I picked it up for $14.99 from GameStop a month or so ago when they had it on sale. Great game. Not so much a sidescroller as it is an objective-based brawler. The little goals keep it from getting super repetitive, you gain XP that you can use on different skills (and then subtract and apply to another one at any time), and the graphics/animations are awesome.

That's legit. Hopefully it drops down to $9.99. I have a ton of games to play through now. Price matched Golden Sun at Best Buy for $9.99. PM'D Frys. Then I went to another Big Lots and picked up Splinter Cell, and Cubic Ninja. Don't know if Cubic Ninja is any good, but I'm ok with it being $5.

On another note, I picked up Ghost Recon for $9 from Big Lots. Such a good game. I play it daily. Don't sleep on this one.

#1929 BudzMcGee   Clearance Bin Review CAGiversary!   3667 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

fyi shinobi is $5 at big lots

Thanks. I had seen  that but there is only one Big Lots anywhere near by and it isn't somewhere I go normally so I'd have to go pretty out of my way just to see if they have it. Thanks again for the reminder though, if I head that way in the next few days I'll check and return the Target one as I don't have any plans to open it today or tomorrow anyway.

#1930 Shake N' Bake  

Shake N' Bake

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

I have been looking for a deal on Zelda the OoT but I haven't seen any. Should I keep waiting or just buy it?

#1931 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8144 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

I'd just buy it. It's a fantastic game. I believe Best Deals Eva has it from time and time for $25. I bought it a few weeks back since I had a $15 gift card, and $15 in reward zone certs. Definitely one of the best on the 3DS. It's $31.99 from Best Buy if you have GCU.

#1932 YellowGameboyColor   Banned Banned   3239 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

I'd say it is. It's really fun

#1933 Shake N' Bake  

Shake N' Bake

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

I'd just buy it. It's a fantastic game. I believe Best Deals Eva has it from time and time for $25. I bought it a few weeks back since I had a $15 gift card, and $15 in reward zone certs. Definitely one of the best on the 3DS. It's $31.99 from Best Buy if you have GCU.

Thanks! $25 sounds tempting though. I'll keep on waiting for a good deal on it. :pray:

#1934 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8144 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

Thanks! $25 sounds tempting though. I'll keep on waiting for a good deal on it. :pray:

No doubt. Check the previous page of this thread. It goes in and out of stock quite often.

#1935 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6555 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

$25 + 4.50 shipping though.

#1936 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3209 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

It's $20 on the eshop, if you want to go that route. I'm waiting on a sale.

#1937 kme06d   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:32 AM

It's $20 on the eshop, if you want to go that route. I'm waiting on a sale.

Thanks, but I'd rather have a physical copy. Speaking of, I just won a used complete copy of Rhythm Thief for $40 on eBay. Considering most of them are going for $50, I'm pretty happy with that.

#1938 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8144 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

Thanks, but I'd rather have a physical copy. Speaking of, I just won a used complete copy of Rhythm Thief for $40 on eBay. Considering most of them are going for $50, I'm pretty happy with that.

Nice! I see other copies on eBay for $21 brand new, but they're the PAL version unfortunately. Why did they have to make the 3DS region locked....

#1939 kme06d   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:12 AM

Nice! I see other copies on eBay for $21 brand new, but they're the PAL version unfortunately. Why did they have to make the 3DS region locked....

I would have loved to get a copy for $20. If the game wasn't OOP, that's probably where it would be priced right now. Darn that region locking...

#1940 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8144 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:31 AM

I would have loved to get a copy for $20. If the game wasn't OOP, that's probably where it would be priced right now. Darn that region locking...

Yeah I know what you mean. That's one of the features that I love about the Vita/PS3. I only imported a few games, but it's nice knowing I can play any game from any region.

#1941 UlysisAM   'Nuff Said... CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

I guess I was extremely lucky that the closest Gamestop near me (less than two miles) had a used copy of Rhythm Thief for $19.99. Got 10% off with the PowerUp Rewards card and then an extra 20% with the birthday coupon off the game. I guess I really lucked out on that one.

#1942 kme06d   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

I guess I was extremely lucky that the closest Gamestop near me (less than two miles) had a used copy of Rhythm Thief for $19.99. Got 10% off with the PowerUp Rewards card and then an extra 20% with the birthday coupon off the game. I guess I really lucked out on that one.

Yes you were! I had no copies within 100 miles. I also did a Google shopping search, and still nothing nearby.

#1943 UlysisAM   'Nuff Said... CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

The next rare game I'm on the hunt for is Cave Story 3D. Closest Gamestop that has a copy is 36 miles away, but maybe I can make a day out of going that way. Would be worth it if the game is complete.

#1944 luckycreature   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

luckycreature

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

I missed the pink ds deal and cant seem to find it on the pages in this thread. 

Where did it happen? Wish I had gotten in on it. 

#1945 YellowGameboyColor   Banned Banned   3239 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

The next rare game I'm on the hunt for is Cave Story 3D. Closest Gamestop that has a copy is 36 miles away, but maybe I can make a day out of going that way. Would be worth it if the game is complete.

Just get it shipped to your store

#1946 UlysisAM   'Nuff Said... CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

Just get it shipped to your store

I don't mind making the trip. I like going on treks like that. Plus it gives me a good excuse to get some Arby's.

#1947 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6150 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

I missed the pink ds deal and cant seem to find it on the pages in this thread. 

Where did it happen? Wish I had gotten in on it. 

http://www.cheapassg...499-not-joking/

#1948 AngelsPlight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

AngelsPlight

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Hm..I have both Cave Story and Rhythm Thief in 5+ stores within 10 miles for me at game story pre-owned. Too bad I'm not much of a collector of stuff =/ I do wish however I found find a store for Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce that actually has the original box rather than the horrible used games gamestop box. 

#1949 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8144 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

Hm..I have both Cave Story and Rhythm Thief in 5+ stores within 10 miles for me at game story pre-owned. Too bad I'm not much of a collector of stuff =/ I do wish however I found find a store for Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce that actually has the original box rather than the horrible used games gamestop box. 

You checked eBay man? I found a few here

#1950 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2314 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

I am the same way. I want to play Cave story though but I wont pay a stupid Price just to do so. Rhythm thief means shit to me because that´s not my kind of game and I can care less about its rarity. I am learning so many more ways to do good money then nickel and dime bs.

Maybe for a quick flip to further fund your hobby ok but I am done with that stupid its rarez buy it NOW hype.