* * * - - 2 votes

PlayStation Plus membership $29.99 direct from Sony

playstation plus

#91 daring  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

got one from gamestop with out tax. probably b/c i chose the digital download instead.  

Also, sony seems to have alot of networking issues right now, particularly PSN.  had problem signing on and the code won't redeem until the 20th tried (stretching it a bit, but was a lot of time).

#92 Nitro_  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

I am tempted to get another membership but I am already good until sep 2015. I could be dead or blind by then.

#93 GirlsRscandalouz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

GirlsRscandalouz

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

I can not even tell after adding the code if it extended my plus. They should have a better tracking of this on the playstation. I can see what day it ends. But I did not look at it before adding it. 

Go to one of your games you've downloaded for free from Plus.. hit triangle.. go to information and scroll down .. it'll tell you when your subscription ends

#94 GirlsRscandalouz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

GirlsRscandalouz

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

Amazon gives you $5 in Amazon instant video credit for each $29.99 card you buy so I think I'm going to go this route rather than wait for Sony to fix their mess and miss out

#95 azricf   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

still not live

#96 GirlsRscandalouz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

GirlsRscandalouz

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

And Amazon isn't charging tax either btw

#97 Statix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

I would go with Amazon, but the problem is I want to order from the PS Store to count torwards that "Buy $60, get $10 back" promo.

#98 GirlsRscandalouz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

GirlsRscandalouz

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

I would go with Amazon, but the problem is I want to order from the PS Store to count torwards that "Buy $60, get $10 back" promo.

Me as well but I'd rather have than go to sleep .. wake up and all of these deals are dead ... and have not haha

#99 Statix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

I'm already subbed up until late 2015 anyway, lol. So it wouldn't too big of a loss.

Besides, chances are pretty damn good that we'll see similar PS+ sales on next year's Black Friday. And the year after that, and the year after that...

#100 sixteenvolt420   Hidefninja.com CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

sixteenvolt420

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

Good til nov 2015 currently, but i'd definitely buy 1 or 2 more through the ps online store, since my credit on there was of course purchased at a discount.

#101 azricf   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

i have $20 wallet credit so i really want to buy from sony ;[

#102 Rodster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1877 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

How many can you purchase from Sony? I read two per purchase so I was hoping to make a two purchases for a total of 4 cards. I have an AMEX rewards offer that if I buy $100 from Sony I get $25 back. :whee:

#103 TPerryoo7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

okay now this is getting tiresome. Went from thinking it may go up at 3am, to now 7am lol. I only have a few hours left in my body to stay awake!

#104 Goodbyemrcool   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Goodbyemrcool

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

Amazon has it for $29 just picked up one, but they did charge me tax.

#105 Silenthero1980   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Silenthero1980

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

okay now this is getting tiresome. Went from thinking it may go up at 3am, to now 7am lol. I only have a few hours left in my body to stay awake!

same here :(

#106 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

Got 2 at Amazon, no tax.

#107 Jello1996   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Jello1996

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

I am tempted to get another membership but I am already good until sep 2015. I could be dead or blind by then.

A lot can happen in 2 years.  I wanted to pick up more too but I thought 2 years was sufficient.  My concerns were them possibly trimming or even ending the instant game collection and free game offerings or just generally slacking on the benefits if they've already got everybody locked in for the next 5-10 years after today.

#108 Scooby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

Sorry everyone who is waiting on this. I would just get it from Amazon; I have no idea why it's not live by now.

Personally I got one code from gamestop last night before going to bed, and just now another one from Amazon. I'm all set.

#109 TPerryoo7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

Hmm, looking over the ad... are we sure this is for the PSN store? i mean really? They could just be a passing advertisment for retailers that have the 29.99 price (and thats mostly everywhere), because theres a picture of a physical card on the left. Just because they have a "buy now" button doesn't mean much does it? it could be there for people who don't want the inconvenience of going out to get a card. Im just being skeptical here, because I feel like this should have been live by now, really.

#110 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

I can't give in.  Between the $10 back promo and the money that's already sitting in my PSN wallet, this is way more attractive than buying somewhere else.

Hmm, looking over the ad... are we sure this is for the PSN store? i mean really? They could just be a passing advertisment for retailers that have the 29.99 price (and thats mostly everywhere), because theres a picture of a physical card on the left. Just because they have a "buy now" button doesn't mean much does it? it could be there for people who don't want the inconvenience of going out to get a card. Im just being skeptical here, because I feel like this should have been live by now, really.

And I refuse to believe I'm being trolled over the same item twice in one day.

EDIT:  The "While supplies last" is really starting to taunt me now though.  I'm starting to come around to the idea that this is referring to the physical product in stores.  Fuck.

#111 Scooby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

EDIT:  The "While supplies last" is really starting to taunt me now though.  I'm starting to come around to the idea that this is referring to the physical product in stores.  Fuck.

With the "Buy Now" button right there? It better not be. They'd have a lot of 'splaining to do.

#112 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

With the "Buy Now" button right there? It better not be. They'd have a lot of 'splaining to do.

I know, right?  I think I'm just starting to get delirious.  Plus, there's other deals that they have going on today that haven't posted yet either.

#113 TPerryoo7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

Yup, exactly what i was thinking. The Buy Now button could just be there to be there. What reason does it have to not be there? People could "buy now" for 49.99 if they are thinking to avoid crowds, or trick themselves into thinking its a good idea.

Im thinking I added 20 dollars to my PSN wallet for absolutely nothing....

#114 TPerryoo7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

"PS Plus

There will also be a special Black Friday deal for PlayStation Plus at select retailers nationwide. Pick up 1 year of PS Plus for only $29.99* — that’s 40% off the regular price of $49.99. With PS Plus, you’ll get new games every month with Instant Game Collection. You’ll also get access to online multiplayer on the PS4 system. Best of all, one membership will cover you across your PS4, PS3, and PS Vita… for just $29.99* on Black Friday only.

*Limit 2 per person, per purchase. Offer valid 11/29/13 only, while supplies last."

from PSblog.

That "buy now" button is probably always there.

#115 TVippy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

So what's the verdict? They screwed everybody?

#116 tagout   CAG living in Jakarta, Indonesia! CAGiversary!   1085 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Living in Indonesia, I hope Sony doesn't track my IP because I really want to buy 2 years of PS Plus. The exchange rate from USD to Rupiah is currently the highest in last four years. 

#117 Yars   I'd buy that for a dollar! CAGiversary!   2900 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

The PS Blog mentioned that they'd have a complete Black Friday sale, and not just discounts on PS+ memberships. So far it doesn't look like any sales have gone live. Sony's servers are probably buckling under the increased traffic from Black Friday and the European launch right now. It may take them a while before they're able to get things under control and get to the point where they're able to start the sale. Don't give up hope yet. :)

#118 TPerryoo7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

The PS Blog mentioned that they'd have a complete Black Friday sale, and not just discounts on PS+ memberships. So far it doesn't look like any sales have gone live. Sony's servers are probably buckling under the increased traffic from Black Friday and the European launch right now. It may take them a while before they're able to get things under control and get to the point where they're able to start the sale. Don't give up hope yet. :)

And where is this PSN black friday sale mentioned? Its just retailer BF Sales.

#119 TVippy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Yeah, when BF will be almost over.

#120 Yars   I'd buy that for a dollar! CAGiversary!   2900 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

And where is this PSN black friday sale mentioned? Its just retailer BF Sales.

Read the response to comment #3.