* * * - - 2 votes

PlayStation Plus membership $29.99 direct from Sony

playstation plus

#121 Yars   I'd buy that for a dollar! CAGiversary!   2900 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

Yeah, when BF will be almost over.

I'll be happy to see a Black Friday sale any day of the week.

#122 TPerryoo7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

Read the response to comment #3.

Well it better be something, Its extremely vague and not a mention of a "black friday sale" officially... but Gimmie something to spend my 20 bucks on that I could have used to get a PS Plus Sub elsewhere...

#123 Yars   I'd buy that for a dollar! CAGiversary!   2900 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Well it better be something, Its extremely vague and not a mention of a "black friday sale" officially... but Gimmie something to spend my 20 bucks on that I could have used to get a PS Plus Sub elsewhere...

You're right. Perhaps I was reading a bit too much into his comment. Re-reading it now he could just be referring to the "PS+ for $30" promotion. We'll have to wait and see.

#124 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

PSN is getting slammed. I've been trying to redeem my Amazon code for five minutes and it keeps coming back with error. It identified the code properly, but is having problems adding it to my account. Tried it on the store and under account management...website won't do it cause it's not a game code.

10AM Update: Looks like they finally took the store down for maintenance. =/ This must be a real popular promotion, you think. Lol.

#125 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12838 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

You're right. Perhaps I was reading a bit too much into his comment. Re-reading it now he could just be referring to the "PS+ for $30" promotion. We'll have to wait and see.

http://blog.us.plays...ta-and-ps-plus/

Comment 1 states there will be sales on PSN.  There is a picture saying here would be sales up to 65% off here, with a link to the store.  http://us.playstatio...ck-friday-2013/

Eh who cares when they update it, as long as they do.  Quit complaining, go eat some leftovers, and come back in a few hours or so.  

#126 LazyTriangle   flashbang dance CAGiversary!   2425 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

LazyTriangle

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

PSN is getting slammed. I've been trying to redeem my Amazon code for five minutes and it keeps coming back with error. It identified the code properly, but is having problems adding it to my account. Tried it on the store and under account management...website won't do it cause it's not a game code.

10AM Update: Looks like they finally took the store down for maintenance. =/ This must be a real popular promotion, you think. Lol.

The PS4 came out in Europe today, that might be why PSN is down.

#127 MicroDr   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

I got sick of waiting to see what happens. Went with Amazon. Looking forward to see what sales they have though.

#128 tagout   CAG living in Jakarta, Indonesia! CAGiversary!   1085 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

I got sick of waiting to see what happens. Went with Amazon. Looking forward to see what sales they have though.

Were you able to redeem it? This error 80023017 keeps popping up.  

#129 MicroDr   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hadn't tried since I heard psn was having issues. Just tried and got error np-8123-4 that code may not be correct

#130 FellOpenIan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

FellOpenIan

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

Eh who cares when they update it, as long as they do.

To be fair, this is Sony and PSN we are talking about trying to run a timed sale. Every hour counts in that sense. :booty:

#131 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

This. I bought my year of PS+ through Amazon (cause somehow my $5 credit from buying The Last of Us Season Pass applied, and they were running a $5 Amazon Insta-Video credit promo with purchase) for $25, but ever since then, PSN has hung up on me for the first time unexpectedly. They took the store down as of 10AM EST. =/ Sucks cause I punched the code in, it was ID'd as 1 Year of PS+, but when I went to redeem it, it kept continuing and continuing until I got errors. I freaked out for a moment but when I tried it through the store and on Account Management, it was doing the same. =/ Well played, Sony...well played.

#132 tagout   CAG living in Jakarta, Indonesia! CAGiversary!   1085 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

This. I bought my year of PS+ through Amazon (cause somehow my $5 credit from buying The Last of Us Season Pass applied, and they were running a $5 Amazon Insta-Video credit promo with purchase) for $25, but ever since then, PSN has hung up on me for the first time unexpectedly. They took the store down as of 10AM EST. =/ Sucks cause I punched the code in, it was ID'd as 1 Year of PS+, but when I went to redeem it, it kept continuing and continuing until I got errors. I freaked out for a moment but when I tried it through the store and on Account Management, it was doing the same. =/ Well played, Sony...well played.

Phew... I thought I was the only one having this error. 

#133 CaptDS9E   Gamer Crusader CAGiversary!   269 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

I'm guessing they will do it tonight once it's late night in Europe.

#134 BlindJoker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

BlindJoker

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

Can you grab this promotion via PSN on your PS3 or Vita?

Well, assuming it ever goes live that is.

#135 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21189 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

Can you grab this promotion via PSN on your PS3 or Vita?

Well, assuming it ever goes live that is.

The deal is already live, but not through PSN (especially since it's basically down atm).

You can pick it up on Amazon currently, but you won't be able to redeem it until PSN goes back up, and other places like BB, GS, etc. have them too, so lots of options.

#136 BlindJoker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

BlindJoker

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

I know about the other places, but I'm looking to get it from Sony so I can apply for that spend $60 on PSN get $10 credit promotion they are offering.

#137 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21189 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

I know about the other places, but I'm looking to get it from Sony so I can apply for that spend $60 on PSN get $10 credit promotion they are offering.

Yeah, I was trying to figure out a way for that too, but it was a no go on their site, or through PSN.

#138 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11174 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

I would go with Amazon, but the problem is I want to order from the PS Store to count torwards that "Buy $60, get $10 back" promo.

Though if you go that route, you can't save the code and then enter it the next time they have their "+3 months of PS+" bonus.

#139 BlindJoker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

BlindJoker

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

Though if you go that route, you can't save the code and then enter it the next time they have their "+3 months of PS+" bonus.

Is that a common promotion though? Three months of additional PSN+ for free is greater than $10 for sure but who knows if Sony will do that again.

#140 tagout   CAG living in Jakarta, Indonesia! CAGiversary!   1085 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

Sony just updated PS Blog about the BF deals and no mention of PS+ being on sale in PS Store.

http://blog.us.plays...ta-and-ps-plus/

Just my two cents, don't wait anymore and go get it on Amazon. 

#141 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

I was also looking to do the Buy $60 get $10 back, but did not want to risk losing the deal.

Purchased it through Amazon.  Holding onto the code for now, in case there is another +3 mo deal.

With this year, I am currently paid up on PS Plus until the end of 2017.

#142 Negronometry   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Negronometry

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

Ehh, just went ahead and bought a code from amazon just to make sure I don't miss the sale. 

#143 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1718 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

We need official clarification from Sony. Their own website (linked in the op) strongly suggests that a $30 SEN sale is imminent. We should contact them.

#144 FellOpenIan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

FellOpenIan

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

Yeah if I can't apply my previous PSN credits towards the Plus deal via the store then I'm just not gonna buy it at all. (could just buy more games instead)

#145 JayFx2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

#146 diplo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

The Black Friday Flash sale is now live on the SEN store, so I'm gonna assume that the PS Plus deal isn't coming.

#147 tagout   CAG living in Jakarta, Indonesia! CAGiversary!   1085 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

1-Year PS+ Membership is not going to be on sale in PS Store:

Confirmed on PS Blog:

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-923994

#148 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1718 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

+ Crystal MacKenzie on November 29th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Sorry we weren’t clear guys! We’ll be sure to be more specific next time. For now this deal is not available on the PlayStation store but you can purchase online through Amazon, GameStop and Best Buy. Or if you are out shopping you can pick it up in stores at Best Buy, GameStop, Amazon, and Wal-Mart, among others.

Well, that sucks.

#149 sirdudeoi  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

I decided to purchase a code on Amazon and I get an error when trying to redeem through the PSN. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edit: when trying to redeem on my ps4 it kicks me back to the main dashboard and when trying to redeem on my vita i get an error there too.

#150 alexxb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

Sorry we weren’t clear guys! We’ll be sure to be more specific next time. For now this deal is not available on the PlayStation store but you can purchase online through Amazon, GameStop and Best Buy. Or if you are out shopping you can pick it up in stores at Best Buy, GameStop, Amazon, and Wal-Mart, among others.

Never giving a straightforward answer huh Sony.