* * * - - 2 votes

PlayStation Plus membership $29.99 direct from Sony

playstation plus

#151 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

I decided to purchase a code on Amazon and I get an error when trying to redeem through the PSN. Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes, I can't get it to work.

#152 Statix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

Wow, Sony, thanks for holding me up for the past 10+ hours.

#153 kintanos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

I like how if they are not going to offer it, their own site with that price still links to the SEN store.

#154 GirlsRscandalouz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

GirlsRscandalouz

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hey guys after holding for 30 minutes Got a Sony rep online.. their page is not selling them at the $29.99 price only the other vendors Ex: Amazone, best buy, gamestop..   So if you're getting in on this I suggest hit Amazon they still have it available. The price on Sony's site will not change to the $29.99

#155 TVippy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

Hey guys after holding for 30 minutes Got a Sony rep online.. their page is not selling them at the $29.99 price only the other vendors Ex: Amazone, best buy, gamestop..   So if you're getting in on this I suggest hit Amazon they still have it available. The price on Sony's site will not change to the $29.99

Great. So people who funded their PSN wallets just got effed in the ass hard. :)

#156 TPerryoo7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

Great. So people who funded their PSN wallets just got effed in the ass hard. :)

yep. Feels good.

#157 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

1-Year PS+ Membership is not going to be on sale in PS Store:

Confirmed on PS Blog:

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-923994

OMFG.....   Trolled twice on the same Fuck ing product in the same Fuck ing day.  Un Fuck ingbelievable.  :dunce:

At least I went to sleep. 

#158 Roll   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   357 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Wait, so this $30 deal DEFINITELY ISN'T going to to be on the PSN Store?  And I was really looking forward to the Buy $60 Get $10 promo... :(

In that case, though, what would be the point of this page on their website?

http://us.playstatio...ation_plus_new/

The link leads to the online PSN Store.

#159 GirlsRscandalouz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

GirlsRscandalouz

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

As I said before though the Amazon one is giving $5 Amazon instant movie credit with theirs too

#160 Scooby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

I updated the op with the following:

Edit: it looks like Sony has clarified that this deal is NOT available from the PSN store as linked below, but rather was referring to the same deal available from various online and physical outlets. Sorry about that everyone :( Highly misleading front page if you ask me. As of right now (11/29, 2.30pm central), the deal is still available on amazon. Haven't checked other places.

I was so happy to post a deal I found myself and it turns out I wasted everyone's time.  :cry:

I'm pretty mad at Sony right now; somebody screwed up big time.

#161 CrimsonPaw   Professional Cheapass CAGiversary!   2104 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

CrimsonPaw

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

I must be an idiot becausei can't seem to purchase it from Amazon. I go to the page, my only option is to add to cart, then it tells me I can't buy it from the cat.

#162 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

I must be an idiot becausei can't seem to purchase it from Amazon. I go to the page, my only option is to add to cart, then it tells me I can't buy it from the cat.

How do they generate codes? Talk to PSN?

Sony just took the PSN down.

#163 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

I updated the op with the following:

I was so happy to post a deal I found myself and it turns out I wasted everyone's time.  :cry:

I'm pretty mad at Sony right now; somebody screwed up big time.

eh, it happens.  It looked good to a lot of us too.

Oh well, $30 is still pretty damn good.  Happy holidays everybody!  :grouphug:

#164 TVippy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

As I said before though the Amazon one is giving $5 Amazon instant movie credit with theirs too

But is it good for anything else besides the video stuff? Who needs their video? Not hating, but genuinely asking...

#165 rocko562   Xero CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

I bought two codes from Amazon, one worked the other did'nt!! What should i do!?

#166 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

Who needs their video? Not hating, but genuinely asking...

I need their video more than I need the nothing that everyone else is offering with it...

#167 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

But is it good for anything else besides the video stuff? Who needs their video? Not hating, but genuinely asking...

I think their video stuff is fine. Have the app on my smart TV, Blu ray player, and PS3. $5 is decent, I can buy a movie or a couple TV show episodes or some kids movie for the kids. I'd prefer something like VUDU credit but this is fine.

#168 stickyfeet   Don't panic! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

stickyfeet

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

I just redeemed my code for ps + any idea how long it takes to allow me to download games? so far it still tells me to join but in my transactions it shows I redeemed the code.

#169 Outlaw1986   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Outlaw1986

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

I just redeemed my code for ps + any idea how long it takes to allow me to download games? so far it still tells me to join but in my transactions it shows I redeemed the code.

Sign out and back in.

#170 TVippy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

Go to bed - PSN will be in pain for the following hours. BTW, was there a single SMOOTH launch in history? Without network outages. I wonder if it's even possible to do.

#171 D3M0N1CH3ART   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

D3M0N1CH3ART

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

When I try to redeem it, it goes straight to the main menu, anyone else having this problem?

#172 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

When I try to redeem it, it goes straight to the main menu, anyone else having this problem?

PlayStation Network struggles to stay up following EU PS4 launch

#173 TVippy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

$30 membership direct from Phony. Alright, enough, I'm out...

#174 FellOpenIan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

FellOpenIan

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

It sounds like a perfect shitstorm of the games division on a global scale not knowing their asshole from their elbow:

PS4 launches in Europe on the same day as having Black Friday deals on PSN and with select retailers and all while new system owners in the US are just getting home with their Black Friday purchased systems. (PS3/PS4/Vita)

Valve/Blizzard couldn't even handle that kind of load and they actually know what they are doing when it comes to online. Gaming companies need to just pay Amazon/Google for lessons in infrastructure and be done with it. :wall:

#175 Sharkey1337   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Sharkey1337

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

Dammit Sony, such a disappoint they're not doing this themselves. =_=

#176 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4969 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

couldn't head out to check a Sony retail store.  anyone know if stores has this?

#177 Nitro_  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

A lot can happen in 2 years.  I wanted to pick up more too but I thought 2 years was sufficient.  My concerns were them possibly trimming or even ending the instant game collection and free game offerings or just generally slacking on the benefits if they've already got everybody locked in for the next 5-10 years after today.

Good point