* * * - - 7 votes

FireFlower Games Deals

drm-free sale games strategy rpg arcade sci-fi adventure games fireflower games retro

#1 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

We are running a Retro Sale through Sunday. You will find both old and new classics.

Astroloco: Worst Contact - 50% off

Binary Maze - 13% off

Cubetractor - 25% off

Dustforce - 20% off

Earth 2140 - 60% off

Elliot Quest - 38% off

Enclave Gold - 60% off

Europa Universalis II - 50% off

Gobliiins Trilogy - 50% off

Gorky 17 - 60% off

Inescapable - 67% off

Irem Arcade Hits - 50% off

Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire - 60% off

Kaiser Earth - 50% off

Knights and Merchants - 60% off

Krypton Egg - 50% off

Little Big Adventure 1 - 50% off

Little Big Adventure 2 - 50% off

Millennium - A New Hope - 60% off

Raiden Legacy - 50% off

Raptor - Call of the Shadows 2010 - 50% off

Red Baron History - 50% off

SBX Invasion - 50% off

Septerra Core - 60% off

The Perfidious Petrol Station - 50% off

The Stormfront Bundle - 25% off

Tiamat X - 50% off

UFO: Trilogy - 50% off

World War III: Black Gold - 60% off

#2 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

We're running a Shmup Sale through Thursday.

Cosmic Predator - 67% off

Krypton Egg - 60% off

Power-Up - 33% off

RADical ROACH - 50% off

Raiden Legacy - 67% off

Raptor: Call of the Shadows - 60% off

Tiamat X - 50% off

We're also having a 78% discount on Reversion 1 & 2 this week.

#3 henrylin22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   557 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

henrylin22

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

Is there any reason to buy from you guys over Steam Desura or GOG? The website seems like it was quickly made by one dude in a basement.

#4 caffolote   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   206 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

caffolote

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

Is there any reason to buy from you guys over Steam Desura or GOG? The website seems like it was quickly made by one dude in a basement.

LOL

#5 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

All games are DRM-free and at least half the profit will be donated to projects that benefit the environment and game developers. We're trying to have a bit of a focus on sci-fi and retro games and try to stay away from games that are overly violent. You can always check the FAQ page if you want more info about FireFlower.

Can you specify what you don't like about the site? We're always interested in feedback.

#6 NewportBox100s   Banned Banned   796 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

NewportBox100s

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

I want you guys to upload some classic PC RPGs and adventure games. Looking for Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller! Came out in 1994. Also looking for D.

#7 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

I want you guys to upload some classic PC RPGs and adventure games. Looking for Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller! Came out in 1994. Also looking for D.

Never heard of them before but sounds like interesting games. I can always try getting them to FireFlower but can't promise anything, it's always hard with old games and who owns the rights etc. Thanks for the suggestions though.

#8 henrylin22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   557 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

henrylin22

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

The website's text is written in first person (I, you, etc.) and there's lots grammatical errors like comma splicing. It's designed like a tumbr blog. I thought the "walkthrough" section was for game walk throughs, don't know why there needs to be a walkthrough on the checkout process. The scrolling effects makes clicking through the deals a pain since the effects take a lot of time to complete. The "About Me" link belongs on a blog and is a summary of your website and not really about you at all. The deals aren't very good either, but that's probably because I'm used to steam sale prices.

#9 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3883 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

What, no Hero Siege?

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#10 DaManWitDaPlan   Master of Retail CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

DaManWitDaPlan

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

Can you specify what you don't like about the site? We're always interested in feedback.

To add on to what henrylin22 said (not trying to be an ass, I promise. Just from a software dev's perspective haha):

You appear to be using a common Wordpress template for your site

Your WHOIS data appears to be fairly unsecured (Mr. Kris Hogberg of Hägersten)

Everything is very generic. If your logo was gone, there'd be no real way to identify it.

As henry mentioned, the "Walkthrough" page is a big red flag, and the About Me page is sort of unnecessary...

The generic "Contact" page seems a bit unprofessional, in lieu of a proper support or support ticket system

That's my 2 cents :P

damanwitdaplan.png

nintendosig.png930606.png

:wii:   :wiiu:   :3ds:   :pc:   :ds:   :gc:   :gba:   :360:   :ps3:

#11 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

I generally try hard not to buy DRM free because it's just too much of a hassle to keep track of them when you get them from various sources, that said I have bought from these guys a couple of times without issue and they are legit.

I don't mind the web design so much. I just figured it has that sort of white minimalistic Swedish Ikea aesthetic. :-P

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#12 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

I generally try hard not to buy DRM free because it's just too much of a hassle to keep track of them when you get them from various sources, that said I have bought from these guys a couple of times without issue and they are legit.

I don't mind the web design so much. I just figured it has that sort of white minimalistic Swedish Ikea aesthetic. :-P

Glad to hear that you've bought some games from FireFlower, hope you enjoyed them. :)

#13 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

The website's text is written in first person (I, you, etc.) and there's lots grammatical errors like comma splicing. It's designed like a tumbr blog. I thought the "walkthrough" section was for game walk throughs, don't know why there needs to be a walkthrough on the checkout process. The scrolling effects makes clicking through the deals a pain since the effects take a lot of time to complete. The "About Me" link belongs on a blog and is a summary of your website and not really about you at all. The deals aren't very good either, but that's probably because I'm used to steam sale prices.

To add on to what henrylin22 said (not trying to be an ass, I promise. Just from a software dev's perspective haha):

You appear to be using a common Wordpress template for your site

Your WHOIS data appears to be fairly unsecured (Mr. Kris Hogberg of Hägersten)

Everything is very generic. If your logo was gone, there'd be no real way to identify it.

As henry mentioned, the "Walkthrough" page is a big red flag, and the About Me page is sort of unnecessary...

The generic "Contact" page seems a bit unprofessional, in lieu of a proper support or support ticket system

That's my 2 cents :P

Thanks for your feedback.

The walkthrough page has now been removed. It was a remnant from when the site started, just to inform people on how it works.

The text on the "FAQ" and "About Me" pages are written in first person on purpose. Tried to make it a bit different and more personal like that.

It's correct that the site uses a Wordpress template.

I'll take your remaining feedback into consideration and see what can be done. There's always room for improvement and change.

#14 TwelveVolt   Nobody from Nowhere CAGiversary!   2365 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

TwelveVolt

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

If you're going to advertise your own site on here, you need Cheapy's approval.

#15 henrylin22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   557 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

henrylin22

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

Why? What is this? A dictatorship? I'd understand if it were some steam game seller or whatnot but he's advertising legitimate gaming deals.

#16 oldboy26   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   629 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

Why? What is this? A dictatorship? I'd understand if it were some steam game seller or whatnot but he's advertising legitimate gaming deals.

Businesses pay good money for the advertising on this site, so why should this company get free advertising?

880178.png

http://bit.ly/PlaysanityGaming

#17 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:05 PM

I got permission to start this thread last year. And anyone can post about our deals here. :)

#18 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine is 70% off this weekend. The soundtrack is 50% off.

#19 SoulVision  

SoulVision

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

I'd like to check out some RPG's if you ever get any on your site!

#20 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

We have a bunch of RPG's on the site.

#21 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

Seduce Me is 69% off. And the Seduce Me soundtrack is 33% off.

Metal Planet is 75% off.

#22 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

DRM-free Retro Bundle. It includes the Gobliiins Trilogy, Little Big Adventure 1 & 2, Raiden Legacy and Raptor - Call of the Shadows. 50% off all - €14.5 / $16.

#23 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:36 AM

New Deals:

Anastronaut II - 50% off

Evopollution - 50% off

OIO - 50% off

Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves - 50% off

#24 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

Linux Sale on FireFlower. Up to 80% off on a bunch of Linux Games. (All games also come with Windows versions and most with Mac).

Hacker Evolution Duality - 80% off

KarBOOM - 80% off

Inescapable - 73% off

Inverto (Alpha) - 70% off

Kaiser Earth - 70% off

Void of Darkness - 60% off

Crater Maker (Alpha) - 50% off

Elliot Quest Deluxe Edition (Beta) - 50% off

Finding Teddy - 50% off

Grimind - 50% off

iBomber Attack - 50% off

iBomber Defense Pacific - 50% off

Kairo - 50% off

MurderHobo - 50% off

Neotron (Alpha) - 50% off

Puddle - 50% off

The 39 Steps - 50% off

Too Many Me - 50% off

Zigfrak - 50% off

And more...

#25 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

Deals

Adventures

AGON - The Lost Sword of Toledo (Windows) - 75% off

AGON - The Mysterious Codex (Windows) - 75% off

LEVEL 22 - Gary's Misadventures (Windows, Linux, Mac) - 25% off

Shmups

Valkyrius (Windows) - 75% off

Tiamat X (Windows) - 50% off

Power-Up (Windows) - 40% off

Misc

Crater Maker (Windows, Linux, Mac) - 50% off

Elliot Quest Deluxe Edition (Windows, Linux, Mac) - 50% off

#26 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

It's RPG & Strategy Weekend on FireFlower. Up to 80% off a selection of fine RPG's and strategy games.

UFO: Trilogy (Windows) - 60% off

King's Bounty: Platinum Edition (Windows) - 50% off

Men of War (WIndows) - 50% off

Men of War Condemned Heroes (WIndows) - 60% off

Enclave Gold 2010 (Windows) - 80% off

Gorky 17 (Windows) - 80% off

QuestRun (Mac, Windows) - 80% off

Millennium - A New Hope (Windows) - 80% off

Starpoint Gemini Gold (Windows) - 70% off

Void of Darkness (Linux, Windows) - 60% off

Strategic War in Europe (Windows) - 50% off

Steel & Steam (Windows) - 50% off

Zigfrak (Linux, Mac, Windows) - 50% off

1Quest (Mac, Windows) - 20% off

And more...

#27 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

DRM-free Summer Sale at FireFlower Games through June 29.

You’ll see flash sales and Pay What You Want deals every day based on themes. The themes are Fantasy, Strategy, Space, RPG, Sci-Fi, Puzzle, Action, Platformer, Simulation, Adventure, War Games and Retro. So if there is a specific kind of genre or theme you like you should check out that/those specific day(s), they’ll be in chronological order according to the above mentioned lineup. First out is Fantasy (June 19).

#28 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

MidSummer Sale - Simulation and Strategy day. Up to 90% off games like Starpoint Gemini Gold, Cubetractor, Industry Giant II Gold, Men of War: Red Tide and more.

#29 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

Summer Sale - Space day. Up to 90% off and PWYW on games like Astroloco, Deep Eclipse, Ring Runner, Star Wolves, Zigfrak and more.

#30 FireFlower  

FireFlower

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

Summer Sale. Today is RPG day. Flash sales and PWYW on 1Quest, A Wizard's Lizard, Driftmoon, King's Bounty, Soulbringer and more.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drm-free, sale, games, strategy, rpg, arcade, sci-fi, adventure games, fireflower games, retro