Knack - What are your thoughts on the sony exclusive platformer

I read the reviews, but Id like to see what actual CAG PS4 owners have to say about it?

Please give me your thoughts on it, and if i should get it.

thanks

Its an OK game not as bad as they say but frustating as shit sometimes as most of the enemies can one shot you. If you suck at platformers I wouldn't get it I am mediocre and I got through it in about 6hrs on Hard. 

I would recommend it for about 20$ to buy or a 5$ rent as you could play and beat it for story (albeit pretty subpar) in 4 hours if you just chug through it. 

I found it charming. When details about it were first announced, I was disappointed in how linear it seemed, hoping it would be more like Spyro than Crash Bandicoot. I was surprised in just how much it reminded me of Crash, in a very positive way. I haven't played it on any difficulty lower than Hard, but it did present quite a challenge, taking me around 20 hours to complete the game. The collectible sharing feature is something I haven't seen before, and I hope it shows up in future games.

I like it. It's repetitive with the action. I wish knack had more moves. I like the simplicity, but it'd be nice if he could slam enemies or had some other basic attacks. It's not bad enough for me to have buyers remorse. I think I may finish it. I wish it was a bit more open world, a little more environment for you to wander around in. I like the characters, I like the world, I definitely think a sequel should be made.

Last edited by a moderator:
it does look great on PS4 no doubt I mean its kind of the showcase game like Crash was. Like I said though no unless you are really into platformers would I recommend it as its frustrating as shit even on easy I think you get one extra hit from enemies and then it is over. Not forgiving at all. By the end you are pretty good as I started up my 2nd run and haven't gotten hit once on Hard but the first run was pretty brutal.

I'm liking it so far via co-op, if you hate platformers it won't change your mind but if you're into the genre, worth a rent at least although I haven't completed it just yet so not sure about it being worthy of $60.

I really enjoyed this game. Very straight forward and beat it on the hardest difficulty. I even let my 5 year old boy play this game and he beat it too (easy difficulty). Overall, it was a cute game.

I found it charming. When details about it were first announced, I was disappointed in how linear it seemed, hoping it would be more like Spyro than Crash Bandicoot. I was surprised in just how much it reminded me of Crash, in a very positive way. I haven't played it on any difficulty lower than Hard, but it did present quite a challenge, taking me around 20 hours to complete the game. The collectible sharing feature is something I haven't seen before, and I hope it shows up in future games.
I have to concur with you on it's resemblance to Crash. The entire time that I've been playing the game, that's exactly what I've been thinking of. I'm probably 6 or 7 hours in (and am just up to 9-1 on Normal) but have been enjoying the game a good deal.

Each of my deaths has made sense, as I've been either running blindly into a situation or attacking someone at a time where it made Knack vulnerable.

I did rent the game, as I was having a hard time with the $60 price point, and I'm definitely seeing it as a title that I might pick up at the $20 price point at some point in the future based on my time with it.

I bought @$40. Knack is EXCELLENT! far better than all reviews and much better than most people's opinions I've read. I got it for my lady to have something to play with me cuz I only have 3 shooters and acbf, and I gave her my ps3, so not only does she love it, but I like it a lot. Its def worth $40, idk where people got this $20 value from, and I recommend anyone to try it. Its pretty tough but also user friendly, great fun for anyone,which is the only title I can say that for ps4 yet. Ign is WAY off and it wont be $20 for at least midyear if not summer. Hope DLC will be developed like coop as u said.

Peace guys

I still have to buy this game for my son. Is the easy setting as frustrating as other difficulty levels? Or do you think a 5 year old can handle it? He likes games like ratchet and clank so im hoping this is somehow the same

Good question. I think you should take a shot with it on easy, because if he can handle ratchet and clank, that is exactly the closest approximation of what this game is like in nearly every way (visually, gameplay, storyline/audience level, fun factor). so yes, do buy it, especially because its on sale for $40 right now, don't miss out on the deal on amazon (digital download code or disc). also, its very, very fun so you would enjoy it too. go for it.

I finished the game.....it's great. On easy the game should work well for a five year old. Knack also has co-op.

I finished the game.....it's great. On easy the game should work well for a five year old. Knack also has co-op.
thats a great point pal.

you can play along with the lil tike, and that way when it gets tough as it does sometijmes, u can help out...just dont steal all the kills from him lol, cuz ull start to love that game, it gets better and better as you go along. lol

by the way, how does the co op work out? i read about it but i dont see how it actually works from the description, if you dont mind, thanks

Gameflyed this and played through it in a few days. It's not as bad as people are lead to believe. I like to describe it as original Crash Bandicoot (linear 3D platforming) meets Katamari. It's very repetitive and simple, but sometimes that's not a bad thing. It's nice to play games you don't get heavily invested in.

I imagine this game being a developers test run more than anything. Bunch of guys just trying to get used to the hardware and making a simple game out of the experience. Still, I can imagine looking back on PS4 launch titles thinking "wow did we come far."

Is it more or does the art design for the humans look very "Hot Shots Golfish?"

I just started Knack, and I'm REALLY liking it so far.  I have zero clue what's up with the mediocre reviews, unless it suddenly gets bad.

So far the graphics are awesome (it's scary how this can render something that looks like a big budget CG movie...in real time LOL)

The control's great.  The combat's varied/interesting/pretty great.  The story/world are actually interesting. 

Only thing is so far it's getting hard fast.  I left it on normal 'cause there's a trophy for that (and a silver for hard) but geez, if you deal with the various different ways enemeies can attack, you get dead fast.

I bought Knack when it first came out. Were it not for the B2GO deal on Amazon at the time I would have felt like I overpaid for the game. It was OK. Personally, there was just something that was missing that didn't make it as enjoyable for me. Once I beat, and farmed a few trophies I sold it. I have a feeling that Knack will be available for free on PS+ before too long. At the price of free you can't go wrong.

Oh, btw, co op works any difficulty (great to play with the lady or kids), and it gets REALLY hard at the end, and playing it on hard is freakin impossilble... and btw, i doubt itll be in the psn store anytime soon, maybe summer earliest at best

bread's done
Back