All Wii U bundles $249.99? Target B&M YMMV

I had an employee check the mario wii u bundle in the register and it has the standard price of $300 so no go here in southern california

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm this is 249.99.  I bought the last one at my Target.  Hit my pricepoint finally.  I'll post a picture in a few minutes.  I"m going to do a youtube video of me cutting it up with my sawzall.

Is this just a BF price? If it lasts until next week, I can use the 20% off on it, right? (Even at $300, using the 20% off is better, but at $249...)

Also saw this at my Target, but it was labeled for the WiiU deluxe bundle that includes NintendoLand.  Not sure if the price applies to the WindWaker bundle.

Also saw this at my Target, but it was labeled for the WiiU deluxe bundle that includes NintendoLand. Not sure if the price applies to the WindWaker bundle.
Mine was still labeled as 299.99 but after reading this thread asked for it to be checked.

As promised. YouTube video incoming!

receipt.jpg

saw.jpg

Went to Target to check this out. Was looking for Mario bundle but they were all sold out. They had one Zelda bundle left marked for $299, asked to check price and it rang up for $249!

How manu Wii U bundles are there? If the one eBay is going to be offering is the Nintendoland one I wouldn't want to drop 250 on it even with the tax savings.

How manu Wii U bundles are there? If the one eBay is going to be offering is the Nintendoland one I wouldn't want to drop 250 on it even with the tax savings.
I know of at least four being sold in the USA right now. Nintendoland bundle , Mario bundle , Skylanders , Zelda...

Went to Target to check this out. Was looking for Mario bundle but they were all sold out. They had one Zelda bundle left marked for $299, asked to check price and it rang up for $249!
really?

I had them check the price on mario wii u and it came up $300

in what state are you located? is this maybe applicable in certain areas?

Imagine if it stays that price and you can add 1 of these to it! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Target-20-Off-Storewide-Purchase-Coupon-Few-Exclusions-Valid-12-1-to-12-7-13-/171184919168?pt=US_Coupons&hash=item27db6a9280

That coupon they're giving out for spending $75 or more and has console exclusions of PS4 & Xbone.

really?

Notice that in the thread title I stated "YMMV" meaning your mileage may vary. That basically means you aren't going to get the discount everywhere. Normally the best deals aren't going to be nationwide.

If you spend Over $75 at Target today they'll give you a %20 off coupon that you can then use to buy a Wii U or something else. (PS4, XB1 and any videogames are excluded among other things)

Be sure to ask for the coupon to...some registers run out.

And you can always return the items that cost you $75 the same day to.

If you spend Over $75 at Target today they'll give you a %20 off coupon that you can then use to buy a Wii U or something else. (PS4, XB1 and any videogames are excluded among other things)

Be sure to ask for the coupon to...some registers run out.

And you can always return the items that cost you $75 the same day to.
fine print says not for consoles.

Sawzall the Wii U, but not the Zelda inspired Gamepad controller, seems a bit sacrilegious. :whistle2:(

really?
This was in Maryland. As for the Mario bundle, I couldn't check since they were sold out.

I was waiting on the eBay deal but couldn't pass this.

And yeah, they gave me the 20% coupon too. Not too bad.

I checked another target for the mario bundle. no dice. it is $300.

It seems that it is only for the Nintendoland bundle

Sawzall the Wii U, but not the Zelda inspired Gamepad controller, seems a bit sacrilegious. :whistle2:(
Are you kidding? I'm too fucking cheap to cut this thing up! I was just joking around. Besides I'm sure there's at least one game my kids can play. I've been waiting on the $250 price for a year now. Been predicting it would hit this price though it wasn't an official price cut that did it.

Target in Hazlet....technically Holmdel nj had the consoles for 249. I got the last windwaker one but the Mario ones were coming up too I believe

One of the Targets across town had a couple Mario bundles left but when I called the dude claimed he scanned it at $299.99. I have same doubts that he actually scanned it though but I don't really have the energy to run across town on the off chance that they still have them left when I get there, and it'll ring up at $249.99. I'll check this thread later this weekend and see what's up.

I disregarded the Wii U until the price drop, and now realize I how misinformed I was. Especially if you can snag it for $250, it's awesome.

I have gotten 50 hours of use with my Wii U this month.  It's such a great little system. 20 hours on Mario 3D World. 10 hours on Wind Waker. The rest of time is browsing the net and Netflix in bed. Man. I'm going to be sad if they cut the gamepad out of their next console. At $249, it's damn well worth it.

Is the store inventory system typically accurate for Target?

At that price, the Skylanders bundle with the extras, like the figures, flipped on ebay could make the console very, very cheap.

So how certain are people that the 20% off coupon will be  able to apply to a Wii U? I've got like an hour until Target closes and I might run to the close Target and pick up Wonderful 101 and a controller or something.

This didn't work in Minneapolis, MN. The Nintendoland Deluxe model was marked down to $249.99, but the Mario U bundle still rang up at $299.99.

I did some other shopping and got the 20% off coupon. It isn't active until 12/1, but will it work on a Wii U console then? It says it excludes "video games" and PS4/XB1 consoles. I take that to mean that games themselves and those specific consoles are excluded.

If anybody is looking for this in CenLA and planning to try the Alexandria target don't bother. I went earlier today and they were completely sold out.

This is a killer deal for Wii U though! Definitely picking one up soon.

So how certain are people that the 20% off coupon will be able to apply to a Wii U? I've got like an hour until Target closes and I might run to the close Target and pick up Wonderful 101 and a controller or something.
The coupon doesn't say it excludes the Wii U, so it should be fine. You can buy a &75 gift card and get the coupon, I did that tonight with no problem.

I have gotten 50 hours of use with my Wii U this month. It's such a great little system. 20 hours on Mario 3D World. 10 hours on Wind Waker. The rest of time is browsing the net and Netflix in bed. Man. I'm going to be sad if they cut the gamepad out of their next console. At $249, it's damn well worth it.
Top that off with the 20% coupon the other cags are discussing and that is most definitely worth it. I bought my Wii U Deluxe day one and after the price drop I shrugged it off because of all the fun ive had with mine. Picked up the Wind Waker bunduru when it debuted. Now I feel the cringe in the back of my eyeballs swell up. :oops:

Had them scan my mario bundle at guest services to attempt a return/rebuy which they said they would allow, but rang up $299, so luckily I didn't return it yet.  Hope the 20% coupon works.

Hmm imagine if they do this sale next week and you get it at 250 with the 20% off coupon and the 5% off redcard. that's a roughly $188 dollar wii U.

I think this idea has potential. All i really need is for some store either walmart or best buy, TRU to run a $250 wii u deal from 12/1 to 12/7. Then just PM+ coupon and redcard.

Well I went ahead and ordered a gift card to be sent to myself at another email address. We'll see if this works, or else I've just committed $75 to Target for nothing.

bread's done
Back