Modern Games Similar to Super Mario Galaxy? Platform/Adventure Games?

the_grimace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
Does anyone know of any modern games similar to the Super Mario Galaxy games?  Basically the large level worlds where you accomplish a certain task in that level for a star/collectible.  Other examples of games like this would Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, etc.

Would love to find more games like Mario galaxy, but I actually can't think of any! 

I'd like to see more games like that again too.

Alice Madness Returns is sort of in that ballpark.
Yea, I was surprised that I really couldn't think of many games similar to the Mario Galaxy/64/Sunshine games. My girlfriend loves these types of games as well, so we were trying to think of new ones to play instead of replaying Galaxy or something, and I couldn't think of anything other than a few older games.

Alice Madness Returns was a pretty good game, but it didn't really offer too much of an overworld or opportunity to revisit worlds. You kind of had to tackle all the side missions in one go.

Sonic lost world
I remember the Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle games kind of followed the model I'm looking for. I'm not familiar with Sonic Lost World, so I'll have to look into that.

Any other ideas?

Can only really think of Epic Mickey and maybe deBlob. How modern? What about HD remakes or digital on PSN/XBLA.

-Epic Mickey 1 and 2 ( :wii:, sequel :wii: / :ps3: / and maybe :360:)

-deBlob 1 and 2? ( :wii:, sequel :wii: / :ps3: / and maybe :360:)

-The Spyro series :)PS1: + :ps2:)

-Billy Hatcher ( :gc:)

-Jak & Daxter, the first one. 2+3 are more like GTA ( :ps2:, :ps3: HD)

-Psychonauts ( :ps2:, :xbox:, :pc:)

-Some of the Rayman series had a 3D world adventure, I think 2 and 3. There was a HD remake before side-scrolling Origins+Legends came out.

-Ratchet and Clank series ( :ps2:, :ps3: HD)

-Beyond Good & Evil ( :gc:, :ps2:, :360: HD, :ps3: HD)

Most of the games in that list are more linear then what you are describing but you are asking for a genre that essentially only existed on the N64. On that note I would recommend checking out most of the games on that list especially spyro.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back