Dollar General $6 Blu-Ray Gift-Sets and Steelbooks

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!
Feedback
136 (99%)
I went to dollar general to buy some Laundry Detergent and I saw $6 blu-Ray gift sets and Steelbooks for $6 each. I didn't have time to look through the Steelbooks but the only one I noticed was the Resident Evil Degeneration Steelbook.

I did buy these though

image_zps02ffbe7a.jpg

Wow nice find. Both well worth the $6

Any chance to find this online or call a store?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the list my store got

Blu-ray steelbooks
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil degeneration
Battle Los Angeles
Men in Black 3

Dvd Steelbook
Starship Troopers Marauder

Ended up picking up the two sets in the OP.  The first DG I went to had none at all, the second had one Spidey & two Hancock.  Didn't see any steels

Interesting about the origin of those steelbooks:

Blu-ray steelbooks
Resident Evil - Walmart
Resident Evil 2 - Walmart
Resident Evil 3 - Walmart
Resident Evil degeneration - Walmart
Battle Los Angeles - Walmart
Men in Black 3 - Best Buy

Odd that just about all of them came from Walmart.

Interesting about the origin of those steelbooks:

Blu-ray steelbooks
Resident Evil - Walmart
Resident Evil 2 - Walmart
Resident Evil 3 - Walmart
Resident Evil degeneration - Walmart
Battle Los Angeles - Walmart
Men in Black 3 - Best Buy

Odd that just about all of them came from Walmart.
Was able to check 2 more stores before car broke down.

Also found Amazing Spiderman Blu-ray steelbook

Thanks for the heads up! Bought the Spidey 3D bluray combo from Best Buy over the weekend for $19.99 because it was the cheapest I'd ever seen

Went to Dollar General, bought this huge box for $6.... basically I got the same exact thing plus more for $14 less

Taking the 1 I got from Best Buy back and using the refunded money towards the Wolverine 3D combo tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the Hancock blu-ray remote set at one of the three stores that I went to, but I found no Spidey sets. I will most likely look at some other stores tomorrow to try and snag one.

Thanks for the heads up OP! I wanted a remote for my Ps3!

I found the Hancock blu-ray remote set at one of the three stores that I went to, but I found no Spidey sets. I will most likely look at some other stores tomorrow to try and snag one.

Thanks for the heads up OP! I wanted a remote for my Ps3!
I didn't even bother going to look... I called and the 1st store I called happened to have it in stock.... that Spidey 1 is a steal

The regular bluray by itself costs more than this entire set at any other retail store

Went to 2 Dollar Generals in the area. Nothing at the first one, but nabbed the only Hancock+Remote and Men in Black Trilogy gift sets at the second one. Had a couple steelbooks, but nothing else. Just bought a PS3 on Black Friday so getting the remote with this deal was great timing!

I didn't even bother going to look... I called and the 1st store I called happened to have it in stock.... that Spidey 1 is a steal

The regular bluray by itself costs more than this entire set at any other retail store
I might give them a call, or use the trip to the other stores as something to do on my lunch break. I would like to find that Spidey set, but I am pretty satisfied with finding that PS3 remote bundle on its own.

I couldn't really tell from the pictures, but I was actually surprised to find the PS3 remote was complete in the packaging as if you bought it separately. I was honestly expecting it to just be the controller stuck into the plastic under the bluray.

Shoot- no Blu's at all in my only local DG.  PM if you're willing to part with the Spider-Man or Hancock sets for cheap!  :)

Was able to find the steelbooks and Hancock bundle. I guess the steels are repackaged/used since they're shrinkwrapped with no other labeling. I could hear the disc rattleing in a couple but went ahead anyway.

Only movie I saw that was not previously mentioned here was Karate Kid (new one).

Thanks a lot to OP. Wouldve never found them without the tip. The store I went into was a mess.

Don't be afraid to ask if they have any in back. One I went to had the Hancock/ps3 remotes out, but not the spidey set. It was in the office to keep it from being stolen (my guess)

Sweet! One of my local stores has the Spidey set. I already have the 3D Blu-ray, but it'll be a nice gift for someone and I'll keep the figures. Not bad for $6.

One near me did not have any gift sets but did have the first 3 Resident Evil movies in SteelBook as well as Degeneration. for $6

The first (and only) Dollar General I called had to check the back for the Spidey 1. The lady said that they weren't even taking out of the box yet but if I wanted to purchase it, she'd check it in..... I'd say if some of you guys aren't seeing these, ask if they can check in the back. The store I called's boxes only had 1 Hancock and 1 Spider-Man giftset. I only bought Spider-Man as the 3D combo alone is a steal for $6. I probably should've bought the Hancock giftset too and flipped it on eBay

Stopped by two DGs and nothing.  Asked about them and no one knew anything, but one worker did say that they may still come in within a week or two.  Thanks OP.

Appreciate the heads up.

Snagged a couple of remotes and the 3rd store had nothing but I asked and it was still in back.

Snagged mib an spidey set. Also got spidey steel but it was the only one not jacked up or loose inside.

What area's do those of you finding them live in?  I checked one store in the PIttsburgh area and they had none (at least yet).  Was gonna try to check a few more.

Mine had one hancock copy, and one men in black trilogy bluray set with a broken crappy alien bobblehead. I dont even like the MIB movies much but for all three for $6, it was hard to pass up.

Found the DVD's and Blu's at the local store. Didn't see a single one of the items listed in here.

Would've asked, but, didn't have time to wait around. Will check a couple stores tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up I went to three stores today and only one had the Remote bundle I picked that up but I will call a few others for the spiderman set tomorrow.

Went to my second local store (nothing at the first). Couldn't find any of them, so I asked an employee. She said someone had just came in yesterday looking for the Spider-Man set (fellow CAG???). All they had left were 2 Hancock sets behind the counter on a high shelf, all 3 RE, Starship Troopers, Battle LA, and MIB3 steelbooks. Passed on them all (already have most of them as is). They even called another local store, and they were out of the bigger sets too. Only one location left - might try tomorrow.

Went yesterday to two Dollar Generals in the Baltimore area. Got the Hancock set at one, and hit the motherload at the other. Got Battle LA, RE1, RE3, RE Degen, MiB3, and Karate Kid steels. I already had Amazing Spidey and RE2 in steelbook.

bread's done
Back