- - - - -

Coinstar - Cash In $40 for Toys R Us, Get $10 Bonus (Select Stores)

Coinstar Toys R Us

#31 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

Wouldn't this gift card also work for online purchases?

It would, but TRU shipping would kill most of the $10 bonus. I think the minimum req. for free shipping is $79, or at least it was back in Spring when I ordered a boat-load of NECA figures. Also most of the stuff I want isn't available for store-pickup anyways.

#32 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2037 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:22 AM

That's a lot of work. I'm pretty sure that all Coinstar machines have bill feeders in them now. When I did a similar deal last year, I just fed it a couple $20 bills and was on my way.

Do this enough times, and you can get a PS4 for $320 or an X1 for $400. I wish I had the money to pull that kind of move right now. 

i want to do this and get an xbox one. is there a limit to how many voucher codes can be applied at the register?  that's 20 codes that will need to be redeemed ($40x10 + $10x10)

#33 shoe478   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1796 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

Maybe buy giftcards with the codes if there is a limit.

#34 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

They may not allow you to buy gift cards with gift cards. A lot of places don't allow that. Also as was already noted, you can't use bills for this promo. Only coins. Get rolls of quarters.

#35 neodyn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

Word of caution to anyone considering this: Coinstar's failure mechanism is to just issue a cash voucher if it doesn't feel like issuing the gc you requested. Had to stand around while customer service for my store bitched them out over such a poor policy. Took about ten minutes before Coinstar agreed to just waive the fee.

#36 HairyTrucker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

HairyTrucker

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

I just got back from TRU with my new Kindle fire HD! Thanks to this promotion, it only cost me $123!! Even better, they're giving out $10 GC's with any Kindle Fire purchase. Ultimately, it only cost me $113!!!

Thankfully, the main GC has a scannable barcode, but the promotional code has to be entered manually. Make sure that you make it clear to the teller that the LAST FOUR digits of the promotional code is the PIN. I had to explain it to her several times before she understood what I was talking about.

#37 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2037 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

just got done turning $400 into a $500 gift card at toys r us. now i have to get in line tomorrow morning to score an xbox one.

#38 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2798 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

I can confirm you can use multiples of these things in one transaction.

#39 HairyTrucker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

HairyTrucker

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

just got done turning $400 into a $500 gift card at toys r us. now i have to get in line tomorrow morning to score an xbox one.

I just used six GC's in one transaction. You shouldn't have a problem. (other than idiot checkers...)

#40 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:33 PM

Thanks for the confirm guys. What's the listed expiration date on the gift cards?

#41 HairyTrucker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

HairyTrucker

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

Thanks for the confirm guys. What's the listed expiration date on the gift cards?

I don't have a pic, but I looked at it when I was checking out. It's something ridiculous like 2060 or 2080. You should be able to find something to spend it on by then.

Actually, I do have a pic:

1207131557.jpg

#42 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

Man, would be a SWEET deal to get a PS4.

But none of those stores are anywhere near me. Only one I've even heard of is Safeway (guess the others are all owned by the same company, just region/state specific or something?). Apparantly they aren't in the entire southeastern united states, because nothing comes up for me within 100 miles, and I also tried random big cities like Atlanta and still nothing. 

#43 wargod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

Man, would be a SWEET deal to get a PS4.

But none of those stores are anywhere near me. Only one I've even heard of is Safeway (guess the others are all owned by the same company, just region/state specific or something?). Apparantly they aren't in the entire southeastern united states, because nothing comes up for me within 100 miles, and I also tried random big cities like Atlanta and still nothing. 

Same here. This promotion is laughable at best unless you live in BFE where one of these stores actually exists.  They did one for Kroger in July which was legit, (Wal-mart would be optimal) but I guess they lost too much money so they had to limit it to stores that no one's ever heard of.  I used this locator and none of the stores Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Dominick’s, Randalls and Tom Thumb came up anywhere near me. Fail.

https://coinstar.com...kfinder/ToysRUs

#44 wargod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

So after other customers have waited in the long line for the Xbox One, you handed a checker ten gift cards that to be entered manually?  How long did you tie up the checkout line LOL?!?!  

#45 Dr0p   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1490 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

So after other customers have waited in the long line for the Xbox One, you handed a checker ten gift cards that to be entered manually? How long did you tie up the checkout line LOL?!?!

Why wouldn't you ask them to put it all on one card, that's what I'd do. I'd go the day before, and when it's time I'm ready. Lol

#46 Indiana   Over 3 decades of gaming! CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

I see it says one $10 bonus per house hold.  IS Tru ok with you using it 5 or 10 times?   :)

#47 HairyTrucker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

HairyTrucker

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

Why wouldn't you ask them to put it all on one card, that's what I'd do. I'd go the day before, and when it's time I'm ready. Lol

It doesn't work that way. The store doesn't give you a card. The coinstar machine prints out a slip with two GC codes on it for each $40.

#48 HairyTrucker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

HairyTrucker

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:42 AM

I see it says one $10 bonus per house hold.  IS Tru ok with you using it 5 or 10 times?   :)

The store I went to didn't have a problem with me giving them three of them.

#49 priya vaid  

priya vaid

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

Hello Friends!

Will u please tell me which site is better for kidswear? 

#50 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21060 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:47 AM

Gotta go to the bank and get me some loose change!

"I would like $40 please"

"How would you like it?"

"Quarters please."

"Get out."

#51 Gosha   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2248 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:58 AM

I'd considering doing this, but for the most part, TRU stuff has inflated prices.  You'd probably save a lot of time just ordering something off Amazon.