GameStop Wii Game Discounts, Updated 9-3-15

Billytwoshoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Been some time since the last update, finally past the Skylanders / Infinity discount floods so far for most of this year, had some decent discounts recently on actual games.  I've selected the highlights from this last drop today, though you can see the full list here.

Note these are all pre-owned prices, unless otherwise noted.

$0.99

$1.99

$2.99

$3.99

$4.99

$6.99

$8.99

$9.99 (Good to watch out for future B2G1 sales)

Last edited by a moderator:
I look forward to even more price drops as we continue to get into the next gen. Retailers are going to need the space so the Wii games (new and used) will likely get discounted swiftly over the next year.....or at least I hope :)

I look forward to even more price drops as we continue to get into the next gen. Retailers are going to need the space so the Wii games (new and used) will likely get discounted swiftly over the next year.....or at least I hope :)
Well they just finally purged the Gamecube games this year, so I don't think the Wii games will be disappearing quite so soon, but maybe some of the older, less popular games will see some great deals.

You guys also might want to start buying these while complete copies are still available. I've only seen two stores do this so far but they started throwing away the cheap 360 and Wii game boxes.

You guys also might want to start buying these while complete copies are still available. I've only seen two stores do this so far but they started throwing away the cheap 360 and Wii game boxes.
It's a valid point, the last store I was at reduced the Wii section from two kiosk stands to only one, and started putting a good amount into a $10 or less bargain section, so I could see that happening sooner than I thought.

Oh, and I forgot that they are doing a one day only B2G1 on Wii and DS games this Saturday, not sure if it is in-store only, to coincide with their Playday promotion.

If these were complete, I'd buy a dozen or so that I've always wanted to try... but I know I'll never have time to play them.

Make the time to play Zack & Wiki ! It's definitely one of the best Wii games.

Thanks for the heads up on the B2G1 Wii  & DS Games on Saturday. Hope that Trauma Center: New Blood I saw a month or so ago is still there, along with Geometry Wars.

Some really underrated titles in there. Zack and Wiki, Godfather: Blackhand, Cursed Mountain, Deadly Creatures, and Rhythm Heaven Fever are all really good.

Thanks OP. I've been buying a lot of Wii titles since purchasing my Wii U. Some of these titles might get cheaper, but they'll be incomplete if I keep waiting.

Definitely in for a lot of these games. Wii Music seems pretty fun, and at that price point I wouldn't mind picking it up!

I want Harvery Birdman as well LOL.
Actually I was looking to see if I could pick Harvey Birdman. I rented it from Gamefly and it was a decent Phoenix Wright knockoff.

I thought Harvey Birdman was more like Sam & Max. It's in a courtroom like Phoenix Wright, but the humor is much more subtle with double entendres.

The Munchables is *REALLY* good, and has to be one of the most underrated games of the past few years.  I saw absolutely zero info about it ahead of time, had never heard of it, but someone on here recommended it.

If you like platformers, you HAVE to buy it.  It's by Namco, and it's super well crafted and also super unusual.  It's a bit like Katamari mixed with a more normal platformer, in that as you go through a level you keep eating stuff to get bigger and bigger, so the camera keeps pulling out, effectively making the level different, etc.  It's way better than it sounds from how I just described it lol.

It's EASILY one of the best Wii games, and one of the best platformers, and one of the few reasons I still have my Wii.  Like WAAAAAAAAY better than the new Donkey Kong Country game or Super Mario Bros. Wii, WAY more creative and fun, relying on awesome design over just being HARD like those games are.

It's a complete steal at $5.  (Just read a review for it which IMO was utter BS.  It's not "shallow", quite the opposite.  It's super creative the way Katamari or Super Mario Galaxy were)

The kids at my work love Munchables. It's a good buy for that price, I enjoyed it as well

Godfathers a fun game, really enjoyed it back in 2007 when the Wii was going through a serious game drought

I hated Harvey Birdman. I'm a fan of the show and the game was just no fun. It was a lame Phoenix Wright knockoff with none of the quality of humor the show is known for. I don't think I laughed once.

Updated the OP to include the new notable drops for 12-11-2013, which after gleaning the list, found these three:

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, $1.99

Ivy the Kiwi and Phantom Brave, $4.99

I don't see a listing for GGXXAC Plus for Wii, not sure if they categorize them both under the same SKU or not at GS.

It's a valid point, the last store I was at reduced the Wii section from two kiosk stands to only one, and started putting a good amount into a $10 or less bargain section, so I could see that happening sooner than I thought.

Oh, and I forgot that they are doing a one day only B2G1 on Wii and DS games this Saturday, not sure if it is in-store only, to coincide with their Playday promotion.
I Forgot the B2G1 was Saturday!

Updated the OP to include the new notable drops for 12-11-2013, which after gleaning the list, found these three:

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, $1.99

Ivy the Kiwi and Phantom Brave, $4.99

I don't see a listing for GGXXAC Plus for Wii, not sure if they categorize them both under the same SKU or not at GS.
Thank you for updating the list. I've kind of grown an addiction to buying Wii titles since I bought my Wii U last month. I never owned a Wii. So any updates are big welcome.

I Forgot the B2G1 was Saturday!
You're in luck! Gamestop is having the sale again starting Sunday 12/15-12/21.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/324344-gamestop-ad-1215-1221-tearaway-20/

I took advantage of the sale on Saturday, but did not have a lot of time to hit different stores.

GameStop is starting to clear out most of the Wii games in the B&M stores, and I noticed today they had a large amount of price drops. I'll post the more notable drops, though you can see the full list here.

Yes, some of these have been a part of the previous sales, but these should be the new base prices to work with from now on for future B2G1 deals.

I'll update this as they drop, with the new notable drops indicated as such.

$0.99

SSX Blur

$1.99

Red Steel

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (no mention if the Plus variant is included or not) *New Drop*

$2.99

Zack & Wiki (probably the most noteworthy of the bunch)

Elebits

The Munchables

Wii Music (If the CN code isn't used, good for 20+10 CN coins)

de Blob

Geometry Wars: Galaxies

Monster Lab

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

MLB Power Pros

Drawn to Life

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

Obscure: The Aftermath

$4.99

Order Up

Red Steel 2

Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection

de Blob 2

Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces

Phantom Brave: We Meet Again *New Drop*

Ivy the Kiwi? *New Drop*

$6.99

Dawn of Discovery

Mushroom Men: Spore Wars

The Conduit

Cursed Mountain

Trauma Center: New Blood

$9.99 (not a great price, but not bad if you combine with an inevitable future B2G1 sale)

Deadly Creatures

Rhythm Heaven Fever

Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Terrific price on Rhythm Heaven Fever. I paid every bit of 30 bucks for it new and never regretted it for a second.

Thanks! I'm planning to pick some of these up when trading in my xbox 360 slim adapters :). I recently got a Wii and I'm trying to collect some games to play. Is there any other wii games I should get?

I have:

Xenoblade

Mario Kart

Super Smash

Monster Hunter (My little cousin stole it so might rebuy it)

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Mario Galaxy 1

Planning to get:

Pandora's Tower

The Last Story

Zelda Wind Walker

Zelda Skyward Sword

All Mario Games (super mario bros, galaxy 2, looking up the rest)

Red Steels

SSX Blur

Zack & Wiki

Munchables

De blob (both)

Trauma center

Phantom brave

Ivy the kiwi

Any1 have any suggestions:

I don't want to miss out on great games!

Also do you guys know how to effective remove the used stickies?

^I hear Goo Gone (is that it?) is great for those stickers.

Also Wind Waker is Gamecube/Wii U only, not on Wii.  I'd add Mad World/Muramasa to your list off the top of my head.

Ugh... these stores are suppose to be GAME stores... annoying that they do not keep these complete.

^I hear Goo Gone (is that it?) is great for those stickers.
It is. I've been using it for decades. Local video store used to have a used game blowout twice a year, and my friends and i would buy up cheap games, then go back to someone's house to Goo-gone all the stickers off of them. If you're careful, you can even use it to take stickers off of an instruction manual without damaging the paper.

Nowadays, i mostly just use it to remove sap from the hood of my car. I park under a nasty pine tree, and though i keep a cover on my car most of the year, it'll occasionally seep through it. Anyway, it's great stuff.

A couple of new drops noticed today, here are the two worth looking into:

$0.99

Ocean Commander (only the most dedicated and patient SHMUP fans need apply, however for a buck it's nothing to sweat over if you don't like it)

$6.99

Samurai Showdown Anthology (this one is getting harder to find, but great price if you can)

Also just another reminder on the current B2G1 Wii and DS sale going on now through the 21st.

Anyone ever buy used from GS online? I'm a collector so I really NEED OG cases...its a big deal to me...if they come without their cases, can I return them to the store? 1000x easier than driving gamestop to gamestop for the games I want. 

Anyone ever buy used from GS online? I'm a collector so I really NEED OG cases...its a big deal to me...if they come without their cases, can I return them to the store? 1000x easier than driving gamestop to gamestop for the games I want.
I am pretty sure you can return it at stores as people have talked about buying lots of gamecube games online at gamestop and the fact most did not work and so returned them. However, I do not know what you need to bring specifically in order to return them. Maybe when they come, it comes with like a receipt, show the order number, and of course, the games. Hope I helped!

Yes, you can. Online order should arrive with a invoice receipt so you can go to the store and do a return like a normal return!

Just need the invoice. You will eat the shipping cost if there is one however.

I hit up my store yesterday and dropped around $35 dollars and picked up: Metroid: Other M, Metroid Prime 3, Endless Ocean, Wii Play, Wii a Music, Samba de Amiga (89¢!), Nights, Excitebike, Sin and Punishment along with two sub-dollar games.

bread's done
Back