* * * * * 5 votes

GameStop Wii Game Discounts, Updated 9-3-15

Wii Gamestop

#121 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3392 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

Picked up complete copies of Boom Blox, Big Brain Academy, Sim Animals Africa (4.99) and Bass Pro Shops fishing (4.99). Couldn't find complete copies of Conduit or Opoona so I got the disk only copies that were around. The only bad thing about these deals is interacting with GS employees.

#122 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2591 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:29 AM

Picked up complete copies of Boom Blox, Big Brain Academy, Sim Animals Africa (4.99) and Bass Pro Shops fishing (4.99). Couldn't find complete copies of Conduit or Opoona so I got the disk only copies that were around. The only bad thing about these deals is interacting with GS employees.

yup, everytime I go to the counter with some Wii games they look at me like if I was an alien or something. Same thing when I show them a coupon.

#123 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3392 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

I knew there was another game I forgot, Manhunt 2 is 3.99 now.
http://gamestop.com/...og/product/3756

#124 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4141 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

Went to two locations looking for Mushroom Men and Deadly Creatures. One store had Mushroom Men, but without the cover artwork or manual, and the other had Deadly Creatures, but also without the cover artwork or manual. Urgh. I'll try again at two different stores tonight.

I did walk out with a $2.99 copy of The Conduit and a $9.99 "New" copy of Spyborgs though. I almost bought "Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed" but some quick reviews I pulled up on the 'net steered me away from it. I had a few other games in hand that were either too expensive or missing art/manuals as well that ended up going back onto the shelf.

The Conduit did have its original cover artwork and manual, but the clerk gave me a case from behind the counter that had the "Limited Editon (or whatever its called) artwork. That was fine and good, but when I walked out to my car I realized the manual was missing...urgh. I had to walk back into the store and awkardly ask the guy if I could have the other copy with the manual and cover...though he didn't swap the disc...hopefully that didn't differ between versions.  Urgh. So annoying.

#125 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4091 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:54 AM

Picked up the final fantasy tales ds game for $5.00 today cart only. The wii cases at the store was so jacked up.

#126 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4365 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:11 AM

I picked up clone wars Lightsaber duels and dead space extraction, had a $5 off preowned. Pretty good deals, never had a Wii but I picked up a Wii U so I'll try to pick up a few of the more acclaimed titles

#127 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4091 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:19 AM

I picked up clone wars Lightsaber duels and dead space extraction, had a $5 off preowned. Pretty good deals, never had a Wii but I picked up a Wii U so I'll try to pick up a few of the more acclaimed titles

Dead space extraction is great game. I got it for $6 at kmart last year. I wish house of the dead overkill would drop

#128 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4365 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:30 AM

Dead space extraction is great game. I got it for $6 at kmart last year. I wish house of the dead overkill would drop

Was hoping so, I've played Dead Space 1-3.

#129 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4141 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:51 AM

Stopped by two locations tonight. Looked through the rack three or four times at the first location but nothing jumped out at me that I wanted--nothing that had covers and manuals anyway.

The second location had a copy of The Force Unleashed for $5, a copy of Rabbids 3: TV Party for $5, and a copy of Cursed Mountain for $7, but I didn't pick any of them up, though I'm thinking I might go back over the weekend.

Two locations left to find Mushroom Men and Deadly Creatures.

#130 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4091 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:59 AM

Stopped by two locations tonight. Looked through the rack three or four times at the first location but nothing jumped out at me that I wanted--nothing that had covers and manuals anyway.

The second location had a copy of The Force Unleashed for $5, a copy of Rabbids 3: TV Party for $5, and a copy of Cursed Mountain for $7, but I didn't pick any of them up, though I'm thinking I might go back over the weekend.

Try to look for cursed mountain limited edition steelbook on amazon. I pick it up for $8.

#131 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3392 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:26 AM

The Force Unleashed will ring up 2.99. Well worth that price

#132 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2460 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:33 AM

Try to look for cursed mountain limited edition steelbook on amazon. I pick it up for $8.

When did you get that? I never saw it that cheap. I picked up the standard one for $5 though.

#133 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4141 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:52 AM

The Force Unleashed will ring up 2.99. Well worth that price

Neat, I'll swing by on Saturday.

#134 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:14 AM

I found an obscure the aftermath in pretty decent shape with the manual so yay

#135 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8928 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

Found a few more today, all complete (prices after PUR discount):

Mushroom Men - $4.49
Ghost Squad - $2.69
De Blob 2 - $4.49
Sid Meier's Pirates - $4.49
Dance Dance Revolution: Disney Grooves (game only) - $6.29

I only bought the DDR game because I believe that it may rise in value over time like the Disney DDR did on the original PlayStation. I might try to find a dance pad to test it out though.

#136 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4141 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

Checked out a (counts in head...) fifth store in one week on the way home from work Friday. I can't remember seeing anything of interest, or at least nothing of interest less than $20 and with a cover and manual.

Two more places to check and that's it for my used Wii game hunt. I'll probably be resorting to Amazon for the handful of titles I still want.

#137 BlizzardCyclone   CAGS are HERE!! CAGiversary!   492 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

BlizzardCyclone

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

Don't know if this was mentioned or not, but Nights: Journey of Dreams is $1.99 (just picked this up this weekend complete!)

http://www.gamestop....of-dreams/12570

230102b.jpg

#138 Billytwoshoes   Perpetually behind the times CAGiversary!   1824 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Billytwoshoes

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

New drops today, some pretty significant ones as well.  I would recommend checking out the full list here, however I skimmed these ones off the top (IMO):

$1.99

ExciteBots: Trick Racing

Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces

We Ski

$3.99

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Includes original PoP game as a bonus to consider)

$4.99

Deadly Creatures

Kororinpa: Marble Mania

$9.99

House of the Dead: Overkill

#139 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3392 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

Real Heroes Firefighter is also 4.99
http://www.gamestop....refighter/75339
Harry Potter OotP 6.99
http://www.gamestop....e-phoenix/65624

Also all of the hunting, fishing and sports games seem to be getting to the $3-5 range. Wish the LEGO games would start dropping. I never played the Indiana Jones ones, but not worth it to me at what they are currently priced at.
Edit: I hate ordering GS games online but, as there are only 2 stores locally, it was my only option for some of these games. Got Tornado and Red Steel 2 as disc only, and Endless Ocean without manual. Still worth the $10 I spent, but the wildly inconsistent quality one gets from them is frustrating. Also the quality of their generic cases is abysmal, as both came smashed and not really usable.

#140 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4141 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

New drops today, some pretty significant ones as well.  I would recommend checking out the full list here, however I skimmed these ones off the top (IMO):

$1.99

ExciteBots: Trick Racing

Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces

We Ski

$3.99

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Includes original PoP game as a bonus to consider)

$4.99

Deadly Creatures

Kororinpa: Marble Mania

$9.99

House of the Dead: Overkill

Son of a bitch. Deadly Creatures is just taunting me. Damn my need for the original case and manual!

I stopped by FOUR stores on the way home Monday, looked through the entire rack at each store at least 3 times and didn't see anything jump out at me. Ugh.

Edit: I may just have to bite the bullet on Deadly Creatures at $5. Cheapest used complete price on Amazon is hovering around the $20 mark.

#141 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3392 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Picked up conplete copies of Deadly Creatures, Obscure the Aftermath, Vertigo, and Rise of the Guardians. Had to settle for disc only Excitebots and OoP. Really looking forward to Deadly Creatures

#142 786110   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

I sort of wished that they converted the Excitebots with plastic wheel new to used just because I'm always running into it at random stores in Connecticut.

#143 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6455 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:06 AM

SoulCalibur Legends is also down to $4.99 (from $9.99).  I've heard mixed about it, but for $5 I'll give it a shot.  Helps that I was just looking at a used copy of it this past weekend at a local store that was complete & looked brand-new.  I almost bit on it at $10 because of the condition.  :)

#144 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:06 AM

i wish there were some flips to bestbuy here. oh well these price drops should be a buffet for current wii owners on here :D

#145 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7096 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

Kororinpa is definitely worth it for $5

#146 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4141 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

Picked up complete copies of Deadly Creatures, 

I hate you.

There I said it.

#147 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3392 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

I hate you.

There I said it.

I don't really blame you. For having as few stores in my town as I do, I have had great luck in finding complete copies of the games I have wanted the most.

#148 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4091 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

Deadly creatures any good? Is it a rare game?

#149 labrat34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   448 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

labrat34

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

i think Deadly Creatures is a cool and unique game. One of the few Wii games i have kept.

#150 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2113 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

I went to my local gamestop and got them to order some games for me. They said it would be in monday. 

This is what I got:

gunblade nyc
excitebots
sky crawlers
zack and wiki
trauma center second opinion
Baroque
Oppona
Shiren the Wanderer 

Next week I'll try to grab some more stuff like a boy and his blob