* * - - - 7 votes

Wii U 32GB Black with Nintendo Land for $191.71 at Sam's Club.

#181 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13129 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

Way late to this thread, but I may be near one tonight or tomorrow and will definitely check if Wii U's are in stock. 2 questions;

1. Is it a hassle to go in without a membership?

2. Saw the $62 price mentioned. Assuming they won't ring up at that price is there some way I can do a price match with the cashier?

Garrus_Lannister.png

#182 mokmoof   Me Bil CAGiversary!   1552 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

Way late to this thread, but I may be near one tonight or tomorrow and will definitely check if Wii U's are in stock. 2 questions;

1. Is it a hassle to go in without a membership?

2. Saw the $62 price mentioned. Assuming they won't ring up at that price is there some way I can do a price match with the cashier?

1. They'll generally charge you an extra 10% and you'll have to pay with cash or debit, but it's easy to get in as long as you have one of these: http://help.samsclub... March 2014.pdf

2. I've never had any success asking one location to match another location's clearance pricing, but no harm in asking.

Shameless self-promotion: I write words at the Everybody's Talking at Once blog and cast pods on the ETAO Podcast.

#183 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13129 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

1. They'll generally charge you an extra 10% and you'll have to pay with cash or debit, but it's easy to get in as long as you have one of these: http://help.samsclub... March 2014.pdf

2. I've never had any success asking one location to match another location's clearance pricing, but no harm in asking.

Thanks. I should be near one tomorrow after work so I might as well go in and see.

Garrus_Lannister.png

#184 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7201 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

I don't know if I'd straight ask to price match a $299 item to $62 .. I'd probably go the lesser route of $191, which is still a deal, but not as blatantly obvious as asking to get it for $62. That's red flag city right there.

MLIFTgM.gif

#185 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

Why did someone create a new thread about this?  It's been going on for MONTHS now.

#186 Czakjames   In your dreams, show no mercy. CAGiversary!   1141 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Czakjames

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

Oh Wii U... how I covet thee on the cheap.  The new Donkey Kong looks fantastic. 

Ain't no way my Sam's will honor this, though.

#187 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   13981 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:02 PM

Wow, thanks S_G! I'll be sure to stick to your plan. Only thing attractive about the Zelda kit is the gamepad anyway.

Well also any game download code, even free ones from Nintendo, are worth their normal digital cost in regards to the Wii U's rewards program of spending $50 & getting $5 back. Made Earthbound a $5 purchase for me after I had first redeemed my Zelda Wind Waker HD code.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png