Best Buy Playstation Network Cards Sale [$10 for $9, $20 for $18, $50 for $45]

I asked this in the other thread, but how often and how much are discounts on these? Also, these will count for the "Buy $XX, Get $XX" back promos that Sony runs?

I asked this in the other thread, but how often and how much are discounts on these? Also, these will count for the "Buy $XX, Get $XX" back promos that Sony runs?
As long as you spend the money in your wallet, you will qualify for the Buy X Get X promos that Sony runs. PSN cards don't go on sale often and this is probably the best discount available for them.

Alternatives:

If you have the Playstation credit card, it offers 10X points on all PSN purchases.

The Amex Sync deal with the Sony Store offers $25 back with a $100 purchase. Sony Store sells the $20 PSN Cards.

Check out the Amazon PSN Store, they offer some really good prices on digital games now, due to them matching prices on physical game deals.

Cool, will go to store later today. Really hate that Best Buy doesn't have digital delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSN cards don't go on sale all that often, right? I feel like you see the Microsoft cards with some amount of regularity, but not so much with Sony's. This isn't a huge savings, but it's better than none at all.

Heads up: $50 cards are OOS online and you're limited to one of each of these cards.

Well okay, change the rules after I order, Best Buy.

I grabbed a $20 card for $18. Thanks OP!

TxK should be out before too much longer….

As long as you spend the money in your wallet, you will qualify for the Buy X Get X promos that Sony runs. PSN cards don't go on sale often and this is probably the best discount available for them.

Alternatives:

If you have the Playstation credit card, it offers 10X points on all PSN purchases.

The Amex Sync deal with the Sony Store offers $25 back with a $100 purchase. Sony Store sells the $20 PSN Cards.

Check out the Amazon PSN Store, they offer some really good prices on digital games now, due to them matching prices on physical game deals.
In case this post piqued anyone's interest in the Amex/Sony Store offer (which really is a great deal)-

On Sunday I placed an order for five $20 PSN cards on Sony's online store so I could get $25 back. However, my order of the five $20 PSN cards has been marked as "BACKORDERED" since I placed the order. As long as they ship before 12/31/13 (when the Amex deal ends) I'll still get the credit, but I haven't heard anything from Sony (estimated ship date, order cancellation, etc.), so I thought people should know this if they want to also try and get in on that deal.

If you pricematch the cards at Target and use the Target Redcard to pay, you could get them for an additional 5% off of Best Buy's prices.

do they ship you an actual card or just a code? I'd rather have a code as I'm just getting tired of waiting on things just to save a couple of bucks

Cool, will go to store later today. Really hate that Best Buy doesn't have digital delivery.
Did they stop digital delivery? I remember buying a $20 and $50 code from them like 2 years ago and it was e-mailed.

Couple this with the 10$ back for spending $60 and you're essentially getting a 25% discount.  Very not bad!

According to best buy's Holiday Low Price Guarantee promotion. If you purchase an item from Best Buy on or after Nov 3, 2013 and then you find a lower price at Best Buy, a local retail competitor store, or on a product shipped from and sold by a major designated online retailer, we will match the price. The Holiday Low Price Guarantee promotion is in effect from 11/03/2013 to 11/27/2013 and from 12/3/2013 to 12/24/2013. So if we bought the card after the Nov. 3rd and its this price now we should get a refund, I just bought a $50 dollar card in store yesterday. I called customer service and they issued me a refund. If anyone else falls in this boat you might want to call.

I bought the $50 card. Going to use it for the PS4 warranty. I had already purchased a $20 card from Sam's to upgrade Assassin's Creed 4 after getting in on the Amazon deal for the PS3 version. If you have a membership, I think Sam's always has them for a slight discount.

Couple this with the 10$ back for spending $60 and you're essentially getting a 25% discount. Very not bad!
Is the spend $60 get $10 promotion over? The only thing I could find about it says it ended 12/3.

oops someone already asked the question nvm

fuck yeah op! You rock! I meant to buy $20 the other day but couldn't find my wallet got distracted and forgot completely. I have $15 in gift certs right now so it's only $3. I know I am overly excited for saving $2 but come on guys, 7-11 has 2 bags of chips for 2 bucks right now... ALLOW ME TO GET EXCITED!

Why do people ask this? You realize you can order on the website for in-store pickup, even if the in-store price is different, right?
In-stock pick-up is a pain, last time I did it for a PSN Card (i think the promo was spend $50 and in store pick up & get $5 code back, took me almost 20 mins. Much rather just go in store and have no hassle.

Yes. They're just liked advertised.
Thanks for answering me

does anyone know when this sale ends? i believe this sunday will be a special 2x points for members (7-10pm in-store only it seems), so earning x2 points on 2 or 3 cards will be awesome.

Couple this with the 10$ back for spending $60 and you're essentially getting a 25% discount. Very not bad!
How long is that going? I didn't see the promo for it on the psn store so I assumed it was over.

Also, possibly dumb question, but does 9.99 + 49.99 count as 60? or do I have to buy something else too?

they used to sell digital code directly of ps plus and credits but then they went out of stock and it's been like that since then

If you pricematch the cards at Target and use the Target Redcard to pay, you could get them for an additional 5% off of Best Buy's prices.
I tried to pricematch this at my local Target today. It was a no go so I just picked them up at Best Buy.

I'm a little late to the party, but I grabbed a $50 PSN card for $36 yesterday at Target.  I had them PM BB's $45 sale, and I had that 20% off coupon from spending over $75 on BF.  This card, coupled with the $10 in the PS4 got me my PS4 warranty for $36.  Not bad. 

I'm a little late to the party, but I grabbed a $50 PSN card for $36 yesterday at Target. I had them PM BB's $45 sale, and I had that 20% off coupon from spending over $75 on BF. This card, coupled with the $10 in the PS4 got me my PS4 warranty for $36. Not bad.

so, you didn't get a better deal on the psn card; merely a past deal was incurred.

bread's done
Back