* * * * - 44 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#751 rahul002  

rahul002

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:13 AM

My first post here. Don't know if this qualifies as a deal but there is tearaway for $19.99 @ amazon.

#752 rant   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

I think $20 might be the new msrp for Tearaway. Still a good deal for anyone who has not picked the game up. :)

#753 Carlanga   Fishing for deals CAGiversary!   1619 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

Any chance we'll see Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 drop in price 

nope, license is over, prices will keep increasing unless you go to brick and mortar store (Kmart prob cheaper one) that has it  and is on clearance price.

I own it, plays good IMO.

#754 odd mr t   Dangahh Zone!! CAGiversary!   459 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

odd mr t

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

wow, so there are really no good vita deals lately at all.  echo...echooo...echoooo

#755 neb9  

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

Games? What games?

#756 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

I noticed BestBuy stores have some vita games on the clearance cycle, (i.e Angry Birds Star Wars @ $14.99).   Also, all pre-owned vita titles they carry won't exceed $24.99, even the most current releases.

#757 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   911 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:46 PM

single-tumbleweed-o.gif

#758 Roxxell  

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

The 3DS version of this thread is more active than this, and it's in the Deal Graveyard for some (no good) reason.

#759 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7227 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

wow, so there are really no good vita deals lately at all.  echo...echooo...echoooo

Damn you, I got excited and thought there was an actual deal to be had. 

BTW, that tumbleweed gif is great!

#760 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2949 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:05 PM

nope, license is over, prices will keep increasing unless you go to brick and mortar store (Kmart prob cheaper one) that has it  and is on clearance price.

I own it, plays good IMO.

Yep. Found a copy at Kmart about three weeks ago for $10.

#761 Pradbitt  

Pradbitt

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:00 AM

wtf I'd love to trade for a copy of that mvc for vita I have some ebay deals i can throw your guy's way!

#762 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:56 AM

i got rayman origins for $7.xx yesterday, new copies are sold as used and its on sale for $14.99, 20% bday coupon on used games and $5 kongregate coupon (cant use that anymore, but maybe a PUR used game coupon qualifies).  or maybe can use a b2g1 free coupon if you can find 2 other games

#763 twick87  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

GameStop had Tearaway for $20 new or $18 used. I've been holding out for ps+ but I might bite on this.

#764 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3863 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

GameStop had Tearaway for $20 new or $18 used. I've been holding out for ps+ but I might bite on this.

Great game, but unless you're dying to play it I'd hold out for Black Friday or PS+

#765 parkerlewis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   316 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

parkerlewis

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

I picked it up because I needed a third thing for my B2G1 used under $20 coupon, but I probably should have waited for PS+ instead.

#766 Pradbitt  

Pradbitt

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

the cheapest iv'e seen Godeater 2 Import

I'll try to post cheap English friendly imports here often as well

#767 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   2058 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

I picked it up because I needed a third thing for my B2G1 used under $20 coupon, but I probably should have waited for PS+ instead.

You can blow through it and resell it really fast. It's a charming game. Lots of fun. You'll won't regret it, so long as you actually play it now. Of course you'll think it was a mistake if it sits in your backlog until it goes free.  :-

#768 Myncy   Pronounced "min-see" CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

Might be slightly off topic, but does anyone know of any Vita console deals? 

#769 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4011 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

I think you're fine regarding your question. If you're looking for the old OLED model, Amazon is selling "recertified" handhelds for $169, and the reviews seem to indicate that they are in great condition (click on the option for "Refurbished"):

http://www.amazon.co...laystation vita

Cowboom has some good condition Vitas for around $160, less if you can use a coupon. I never found any of those super cheap OLED models when they were being cleared out, but I did get a mint Vita (backup system) from GS for $137, using a "25% off preowned" coupon.

And don't rule out Craigslist or EBay, might find a good option there.

#770 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22866 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

I bought 3x Vita games using those B2G1 under $20 free codes from the GS receipts. I got Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Tear Away. All three were complete (sans manuals, of course, since they're no longer included) and in near perfect shape so for ~$13 a game, I figured why not? 

If you're not against used/refurbs, CowBoom has pretty solid for deals, especially if they have something during their Deal of the Day or with their new user coupons (ie, create a new account). I picked up a grade 7 3DS XL, which only had the faintest flaws on the outside and one, barely visible scratch on the screen, for $100 just a few months ago. Before that, I picked up a grade 5 PSP Go for $70 after some coupons (new consoles were $150 at the time, I think?) and again, it was in excellent shape. Usually, the one major issue with their consoles is it's almost always just the system (no charging cables, no controllers, no manuals, no packaging, etc.). 

I just bought a OLED White Vita for ~$140 from them but won't receive it until tomorrow. Hopefully, it's as good as my prior purchases and unlike my past purchases, this one has most of the accessories and is only missing the manuals and packaging. 

#771 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1757 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

Yep. Found a copy at Kmart about three weeks ago for $10.

Three bucks here, baby! It's definitely worth three bucks!

The "best" deal I've seen on Vita games outside of K-Mart was twenty dollar titles in the budget aisle of the electronics department at the Greenville MI Meijer. These aren't great prices, but it might be the only way I can get a copy of Need for Speed (the Vita racing game that doesn't make you want to punch a hole through concrete).

#772 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2754 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

A big portion of the drought of Vita deals is that retail chains have by-and-large abandoned the Vita. The Vita sections in most major stores have six or seven different games at most, often less.

I don't think we are at any risk of the Vita slipping into Dreamcast territory. But it wouldn't surprise me to see Sony focusing on digital sales in the West. There is still plenty of potential for the Vita to serve as a platform for PSN digital distribution. But as far as the retail space is concerned, the Vita probably isn't turning around anytime soon.

#773 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1757 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

Well, in all fairness, the Vita has sold fewer units in the two and a half years it's been available. The Dreamcast sold 10.6 million units from November 1998 to March 2001, when it was cancelled. The Vita's moved about 8.6 million units from its December 2011 launch to now.

#774 Kuma   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2450 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

Three bucks here, baby! It's definitely worth three bucks!

The "best" deal I've seen on Vita games outside of K-Mart was twenty dollar titles in the budget aisle of the electronics department at the Greenville MI Meijer. These aren't great prices, but it might be the only way I can get a copy of Need for Speed (the Vita racing game that doesn't make you want to punch a hole through concrete).

I got mine greentagged at TRU a few weeks back for about 6 USD. Might be worth checking out

#775 Shimrra   Alone on Vita island CAGiversary!   2839 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:38 PM

A big portion of the drought of Vita deals is that retail chains have by-and-large abandoned the Vita. The Vita sections in most major stores have six or seven different games at most, often less.

I see this with larger chain stores like Target or Best Buy but on the flip side when ever I stop by a mom & pop shop around my area they always seem to have a health stock of games to choose from including accessories. 

#776 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1757 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

I got mine greentagged at TRU a few weeks back for about 6 USD. Might be worth checking out

I'll keep that in mind. We don't have any Toys 'R Us nearby, unfortunately. I used to love the crap out of that store but the one in Lansing turned into a Babies 'R Us and I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement.

#777 Pradbitt  

Pradbitt

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

Cex always has the best deals on used vita games !

#778 nevergonnagive2   organizes bargain bins for fun CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

nevergonnagive2

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:42 AM

YMMV but I have a local Best Buy that has a Clearance Games section where there's a sign that says 50% off on marked price on clearance games. Also, I noticed that in the Vita section, there were some older games marked clearance (Tearaway, Killzone, Uncharted, Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate [sold out], Rayman Legends [i got the last one]). I was able to get Rayman for more than 50% off of that marked clearance price a few days ago. Today I checked my other local Best Buy and they did not have the same 50% promo running (but they had a better selection, boo).

igkoxj.jpg

miks2x.jpg

2mnhf09.jpg

mwqxzt.jpg

2dr6xw9.jpg

34gvcau.jpg

#779 NolbertoS   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:00 AM

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649.

the cheapest iv'e seen Godeater 2 Import

I'll try to post cheap English friendly imports here often as well

Too bad the Asian version isn't in English :(. Would be all over that if it had English sub titles

#780 Pradbitt  

Pradbitt

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

The sword art online Chinese version has subs if you're looking for that one physically I haven't seen it cheaper than 60 though