* * * * - 43 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#7801 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:46 PM

That's neat, cause PUR points came out in late 2010.

That would explain it pretty well then hah! Feels like a lot longer ago.

#7802 rstar86   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   126 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:09 PM

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart is posted on the main CAG site for $16.37 at Amazon.  Figured I would add that here in case someone missed it.  Pretty good price!.  Looks like the price has been dropping on camelcamelcamel for the last several weeks, but this is the lowest it has dropped so far.

Thanks for posting this because as soon as I read this I cashed out on bing to get $30 in amazon gift cards. Now all I need to do is find a random $5 fill in item for the vita and I'll get free shipping. Guess I better pull out the list to see what I can grab, or else snag a game for the ps3

#7803 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2310 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:18 PM

Looks like I'm in the majority for once. I definitely agree the cast was better in the first game. I also never really cared about Monokuma so adding a female one doesn't really do anything for me.

#7804 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2314 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:27 PM

I gave up on not updating my Vita TV and just said eff it. It's still cool playing these games on a big screen, even if several games aren't compatible. There's a good chance they'll come up with a way to hack this firmware sooner or later.

That's what I ended up doing.  I also got to thinking about it and I don't want to give Sony any real reason to ever ban me from my account.

That would explain it pretty well then hah! Feels like a lot longer ago.

Yeah probably because before PUR was the Edge system which did most of the same stuff.

#7805 elessar123  

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:35 PM

Looks like I'm in the majority for once. I definitely agree the cast was better in the first game. I also never really cared about Monokuma so adding a female one doesn't really do anything for me.

It was the obvious progression:

Dorami-Dancing-With-Doraemon.jpg

(FYI, the voice actress of Doraemon from 1979-2005 voiced Monokuma)

#7806 GtoTheNextLevel   Welcome to the Next Level CAGiversary!   1882 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

GtoTheNextLevel

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:24 PM

Has anybody seen this yet? I know it's just a petition, but I signed it. Anything to help that Digimon game get a physical release. https://www.change.o...&fb_ref=Default

#7807 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4796 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:43 AM

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles rated for PS Vita in Brazil

11rrxoz.jpg

"The Brazil Advisory Rating Board has rated Assassin’s Creed Chronicles for PS Vita.

The Assassin’s Creed Chronicles trilogy—which consists of Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India, and Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia—is currently only available across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Ubisoft has not announced plans to bring the series to PS Vita."

#7808 citizen   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:19 AM

Physical copy of Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy for the Ps Vita is up for Pre-order at Play-Asia.. Wierd though..it says Chinese Subtitles and English voice for language.. $29.99 + shipping-might be worth grabbing at this price.. Gameplay looks very unique and different compared to any other Assassin's Creed games..

#7809 Tweeg  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:09 AM

Can't help but notice that Exist Archive's battle system is already in English, that's a really good sign.

http://www.spike-chu...a/introduction/

#7810 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2969 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:49 AM

I would actually be open to trying Assassin's Creed on Vita, especially in a compilation. If nothing else, it'll bring a little more diversity to the system.

#7811 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:05 AM

I would actually be open to trying Assassin's Creed on Vita, especially in a compilation. If nothing else, it'll bring a little more diversity to the system.

The chronicles games are all side scrolling platformers. No diversity there.

#7812 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   856 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:06 PM

It'd be nice, as always, if Assassin's Creed: Chronicles not only came to Vita in the west but in physical form no less. Otherwise I'm happy with the Asian release.

#7813 bgrngod   CE/SE/LE/UE/PE/ME whore CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 05:05 PM

I specifically held off on buying any of the Chronicles games because I was hoping for a Vita packaged release. Seeing Child of Light get a physical release suggested this was a real possibility.

Wooooo!

#7814 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   856 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 05:15 PM

bgrngod, on 04 Dec 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

I specifically held off on buying any of the Chronicles games because I was hoping for a Vita packaged release. Seeing Child of Light get a physical release suggested this was a real possibility.

Wooooo!

That is a good point, and my thought process as well.

This isn't a deal, but I noticed on Gamestop's homepage they have a highlight section for Aksys's Vita games. They aren't on sale (though Mind Zero is less than $16 new), so it's nice to see a retailer push the Vita in some way.

#7815 Tweeg  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:04 AM

I ordered a "new" copy of Mind Zero about two weeks ago, already at that price then. When my package arrived, I discovered a used copy in a replacement case plainly marked "Pre-Owned". GameStop Customer Service declined to make it right stating they were sold out of new copies and instead suggested I take the game back along with my packing slip to any local GameStop for a refund, which is what I did.

#7816 Zeferino64   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Zeferino64

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:24 AM

I ordered a "new" copy of Mind Zero about two weeks ago, already at that price then. When my package arrived, I discovered a used copy in a replacement case plainly marked "Pre-Owned". GameStop Customer Service declined to make it right stating they were sold out of new copies and instead suggested I take the game back along with my packing slip to any local GameStop for a refund, which is what I did.

wow not very subtle with the selling used as new.

#7817 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:19 AM

Was probably a gutted copy where they misplaced the case. Don't worry it's totally new and never played by anyone except maybe the employees. Totally new tho. Right? That's what new means?

#7818 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:08 AM

Yea. Pretty much the same thing happened to me about a month back when they had them. I just returned the damn thing. Fuck Gamestop. I tried ordering 2 copies this time. Hopefully one comes in actually NEW

I really hate Gamestop. I've been ordering LE's through them lately and still ordering them through BBY. WHen my BBY one inevitably comes in damaged i just return the damaged one at a different GS store. I would feel bad about that if Gamestop wasnt such a piece of shit company

#7819 GtoTheNextLevel   Welcome to the Next Level CAGiversary!   1882 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

GtoTheNextLevel

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:24 AM

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles rated for PS Vita in Brazil

11rrxoz.jpg

"The Brazil Advisory Rating Board has rated Assassin’s Creed Chronicles for PS Vita.

The Assassin’s Creed Chronicles trilogy—which consists of Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India, and Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia—is currently only available across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Ubisoft has not announced plans to bring the series to PS Vita."

Nice, I've been wanting to try those side scroller AC games, and even better that it's on Vita.

#7820 Mixer23   I was the Turkey! CAGiversary!   3548 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:33 PM

Nice, I've been wanting to try those side scroller AC games, and even better that it's on Vita.

All this AC: Chronicles talk is interesting considering they've only released the first game thus far.

#7821 Vulgarism   A living, breathing piece of defecating meat. CAGiversary!   4083 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:04 PM

Yea. Pretty much the same thing happened to me about a month back when they had them. I just returned the damn thing. Fuck Gamestop. I tried ordering 2 copies this time. Hopefully one comes in actually NEW

I really hate Gamestop. I've been ordering LE's through them lately and still ordering them through BBY. WHen my BBY one inevitably comes in damaged i just return the damaged one at a different GS store. I would feel bad about that if Gamestop wasnt such a piece of shit company

For hating a company so much, it sounds like you end up there quite often. Just stickin' it to the man, right?

#7822 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11323 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:57 PM

Thats why i actually go to the gamestop.

#7823 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:03 PM

For hating a company so much, it sounds like you end up there quite often. Just stickin' it to the man, right?

Nothing wrong with a little masochism to get off.

#7824 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   2058 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:19 PM

Hey guys, this is my first time posting on this thread, since I just got a Vita last week. I just wanted to ask about something, sorry if it's been asked about before. I just saw this product on Playasia, which are pretty much L2/R2 buttons for the Vita. But since there's no description I'm not sure if it's just like button covers, or if they actually work as L2/R2 buttons which would be cool for remote play. And it says its for the Vita 1000, but would it be compatible with the Slim too? Sorry if this has already been asked, and thank you for the help.

I have this grip and love it.

A few things --

It's an awesome grip even if you never use the triggers. Best vita grip I've ever owned. Super comfortable and more compact than the "steering wheel" grips. The triggers don't feel much like Dualshock triggers. They're spring loaded and you need to give them a full pull to register. There are capacitive rubber pads that touch the Vita's back. Pull trigger and it touches a piece of metal to the rubber and completes a circuit. Once you get used to the feel, they work perfectly for games that use the default Remote Play layout (Last of Us, Wolfenstein) and even better for games that split the rear between L2/R2 and move the 3's up front (Battlefront).

There's one major downside. The 2000 version of the case uses little hooks/tabs to latch to the Vita. They're prone to break, especially if you take the Vita in and out of the case. I'm on my second grip now. The 1000 looks more like a full body shell and may avoid this problem. I put my second case on and will just never take it off. No more Vita-in-coat-pocket for commuting.

Don't buy from PlayAsia. They're price gouging. No one else with an English language store front is selling the 2000 version of the grip now, and they've jacked the price sky high. $60+ with reasonably fast shipping. You can order from Yahoo! or Amazon sellers in Japan and use a re-shipping service to get it for ~$40.

I'm happy to walk anyone who is interested in importing through the process.

#7825 srocky26  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:52 PM

Not much of a sale, but $25 for Tales of Hearts R. Eligible for Prime shipping.

http://www.bandainam...12#.VmNAEF88KJL

#7826 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2314 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:38 PM

When I was trying to track down a copy of One Piece Unlimited World Red I came across a gamestop that had a new copy on the shelf of either it or Tales of Hearts R... but the display was one of those replacement cases.  I took it to the counter and asked if it was just a place holder for the real copy and they just had it in a drawer or what... turns out the box was stolen.  They said that actually happens fairly often at that specific store. So sometimes people just steal the boxes and then there they are stuck with an otherwise new game but nothing to put it in.

So yeah, I agree there's something completely wrong about selling a game new that doesn't have it's original case.. but I can kind of see see the predicament of a case being stolen and them doing the wrong thing and still trying to sell it as new.  Either way both the store and the customer lose out to the thief.

So beware of new games on gamestop.com ... especially older titles.

#7827 WhirlwindMonk   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

WhirlwindMonk

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:41 PM

When I was trying to track down a copy of One Piece Unlimited World Red I came across a gamestop that had a new copy on the shelf of either it or Tales of Hearts R... but the display was one of those replacement cases.  I took it to the counter and asked if it was just a place holder for the real copy and they just had it in a drawer or what... turns out the box was stolen.  They said that actually happens fairly often at that specific store. So sometimes people just steal the boxes and then there they are stuck with an otherwise new game but nothing to put it in.

So yeah, I agree there's something completely wrong about selling a game new that doesn't have it's original case.. but I can kind of see see the predicament of a case being stolen and them doing the wrong thing and still trying to sell it as new.  Either way both the store and the customer lose out to the thief.

So beware of new games on gamestop.com ... especially older titles.

If they didn't gut games in the first place, it wouldn't be a issue. I find selling a game that they opened and did who knows what with as "new" to be dishonest regardless of whether it has the original case or not.

#7828 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2310 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:31 AM

Anybody preorder EDF for vita and looking to play online?

#7829 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8386 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:42 AM

http://www.amazon.co...e8065928ebd0000

$15.30

Only 30c more till $15!!!

#7830 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:49 AM

I have this grip and love it.

A few things --

It's an awesome grip even if you never use the triggers. Best vita grip I've ever owned. Super comfortable and more compact than the "steering wheel" grips. The triggers don't feel much like Dualshock triggers. They're spring loaded and you need to give them a full pull to register. There are capacitive rubber pads that touch the Vita's back. Pull trigger and it touches a piece of metal to the rubber and completes a circuit. Once you get used to the feel, they work perfectly for games that use the default Remote Play layout (Last of Us, Wolfenstein) and even better for games that split the rear between L2/R2 and move the 3's up front (Battlefront).

There's one major downside. The 2000 version of the case uses little hooks/tabs to latch to the Vita. They're prone to break, especially if you take the Vita in and out of the case. I'm on my second grip now. The 1000 looks more like a full body shell and may avoid this problem. I put my second case on and will just never take it off. No more Vita-in-coat-pocket for commuting.

Don't buy from PlayAsia. They're price gouging. No one else with an English language store front is selling the 2000 version of the grip now, and they've jacked the price sky high. $60+ with reasonably fast shipping. You can order from Yahoo! or Amazon sellers in Japan and use a re-shipping service to get it for ~$40.

I'm happy to walk anyone who is interested in importing through the process.

Sounded great until you got to the price...  That's like four Vita TVs these days.

http://www.amazon.co...e8065928ebd0000

$15.30

Only 30c more till $15!!!

And then it sells out permanently while you wait!