* * * * - 41 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#8011 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36563 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:38 AM

Are the SAO games worth playing if the only reason you watched SAO is because of Asuna. Like the second arc was difficult to get through since she was such a small part of it, so is it going to be like that, or is she going to be playable/party member? I'd buy the game if it was just a marriage sim with Kirito and Asuna. Highly doubt it's anywhere close to that though.

I haven't played Hollow Fragment but I would say probably not.  Like I said this is probably the worst game I can't help but like and it would be a borderline bad game early on PS3.  You can play Asuna almost the entire game in Lost Song but after having played around half the game I gave up and are just using Kirito as my PC because it's far more effective than spamming Asuna's magic.

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#8012 Mixer23   I was the Turkey! CAGiversary!   3543 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:27 AM

Anyone tried playing Bastion on the vita? I was debating if i wanted to play it on PS4 of Vita. Im playing so many console games right now i figure i may finish it faster on the portable but i heard its a bit too small on the vita. Anyone given it a go? Does it play/look ok?

It's known just as much as an iOS title as it is a 360 game, so I can't imagine it not being just fine on Vita.

Mixer23.png

#8013 WhirlwindMonk   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

WhirlwindMonk

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:52 PM

Anyone tried playing Bastion on the vita? I was debating if i wanted to play it on PS4 of Vita. Im playing so many console games right now i figure i may finish it faster on the portable but i heard its a bit too small on the vita. Anyone given it a go? Does it play/look ok?

Like koruwa, I only played it for about half an hour, but it played fine. Someone over on GAF finished it already and loved it (http://www.neogaf.co...8&postcount=722).

#8014 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2018 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:11 PM

Amazon Price Tracking Update (Day3)

Game Title - 12/9 Price - 12/10 Price - 12/11 Price

Conception II - ? - $14.54 - $13.98

Corpse Party - $39.40 - $37.97 - $37.49

P4 Dan Collectors Ed - $$62.61 - $60.52 - $59.46

These games are still on the move.  I'm not tracking every game, just what I'm interested in.

Mortal Kombat @ $9.96, Operation Abyss @$31.99, Mind Zero @$15.97, Dungeon Travelers 2 @$37.90, Sorcery Saga (both versions), Superbeat XONiC @$35.90 .... these games haven't had a price change over the past 20+ hours.  So if you like any of the prices on them, then for the moment you are safe.  Mortal Kombat seems to be the best deal (of what I'm tracking for vita) going on right now.

A nice way to do this for those wanting to track stuff is to put everything you want in your cart but obviously don't check out.  Then just check the cart in the morning and evening and see what the update to your cart says.  It'll say how much a game has gone down in price or up and I think it even notes when a game is getting low in stock.

Like Example, put HyperDevotion Noire in your cart and then check it a couple times a day.  This is also nice because you can use whatever device you have to log in and check the cart for updates.  When the game stops moving in price and starts to go up, maybe that would be a good time to buy.   Only Amazon knows what the lowest price they'll drop to is for any given game or how many sales they are getting and if the people buying are a few or many and how the trend will go for pricing.  So get on the train and watch the price move until you are ready to check out.   Just be aware if you are going for non-Prime $35 to get the free shipping that you have enough in your cart to cover that since when prices start to move up you don't want to be scratching your head trying to find some random game or item to fill in the price gap.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#8015 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3529 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:19 PM

Are the SAO games worth playing if the only reason you watched SAO is because of Asuna. Like the second arc was difficult to get through since she was such a small part of it, so is it going to be like that, or is she going to be playable/party member? I'd buy the game if it was just a marriage sim with Kirito and Asuna. Highly doubt it's anywhere close to that though.

I haven't tried Lost Song yet, but I played a lot of Hollow Fragment. You can play as Kirito with Asuna by your side the majority of the game. There are a few side quests that require you to switch to the appropriate partner, but I spent almost all my time with Asuna.

Hollow Fragment has no ties to the second arc (yay!). The story begins as an alternate ending to the first arc (Aincard) where

Spoiler
. It does include characters from arcs beyond the first such as Leafa and Sinon, but no stories or spoilers from beyond Aincard.

Speaking of marriage sim, you can build your relationship with Asuna (as well as the other girls if you like) through mini-game dates, walk around holding hands, bridal carry her up to your bedroom (not awkward with everyone watching, lol), and even give her a wedding dress to wear in place of her usual uniform.

#8016 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36563 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:29 PM

They should have just called SAO "Kirito and His Band of Waifus".  So creepy at points.  There's been multiple points where 4-5 waifus are all on screen at once for a vignette and they all start blinking in unison.

Trade List

#8017 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29315 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:51 PM

i found it way too small type to play (maybe  im too use to play on the 3ds)  its just too bad there is not a  ZOOM feature.. Hell its only 2.80 so even if it  is too small  you only spend less then 3 on it.

WOOOO I STINK

#8018 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2770 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:54 PM

Amazon Price Tracking Update (Day3)

Game Title - 12/9 Price - 12/10 Price - 12/11 Price

Conception II - ? - $14.54 - $13.98

Corpse Party - $39.40 - $37.97 - $37.49

P4 Dan Collectors Ed - $$62.61 - $60.52 - $59.46

I've been tracking P4 Dan LE for a while now, and it's been stuck at $59.46 for a while. I think this might be it.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#8019 koruwa   Aw yiss CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:22 PM

I've been tracking P4 Dan LE for a while now, and it's been stuck at $59.46 for a while. I think this might be it.

Should have picked up up from Jet when they had the 25 off 50. I got it for like 48 bucks shipped

Capitalization is the difference between I helped my uncle Jack off a horse and I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

#8020 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2770 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

Should have picked up up from Jet when they had the 25 off 50. I got it for like 48 bucks shipped

Yeah I wanted to but they were out of stock by the time I got to it.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#8021 freshgamer  

freshgamer

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:26 PM

yea i know that lol but what probably the lowest it could go? not that much i dont think right? it just cause i want the lowest price but at same time dont want it to shoot back up in price again lol

I highly doubt it will go lower than 12-13. Also, I think by the time GameStop has it at the $14 range, it will be nearly impossible to find near you with the case. I have a hard time finding it in any condition. So it was a no brainier for me to buy it for 14.76 brand new.

Edit. Now its at 13.88

#8022 Ultrawolf   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:37 PM

Looks like dancing all night is back up to 72.05

#8023 Vaniel   When it comes to CE, I have a condition CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:08 PM

Heads up everyone. A new Kickstarter just went up for another English translation for a Visual Novel. It's called Libra of the Vampire Princess

https://www.kickstar...ref=hero_thanks

There's a stretch goal for a PS Vita version at $210,000, so I thought I'd let everyone know. It looks like the Kickstart JUST went up and already has $31,000 pledged, so the chances look good so far. Spread the word. 

#8024 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8022 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:29 PM

Heads up everyone. A new Kickstarter just went up for another English translation for a Visual Novel. It's called Libra of the Vampire Princess

There's a stretch goal for a PS Vita version at $210,000, so I thought I'd let everyone know. It looks like the Kickstart JUST went up and already has $31,000 pledged, so the chances look good so far. Spread the word. 

Will think about pledging. Looks OK enough...lots of visual novels coming.

#8025 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1607 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:04 AM

Just got back from my local Walmart and for the first time every they actually had some decent video game mark downs....or actual mark downs to begin with.  Everything was in clearance bin, sifted through it, most was junk but did find a few decent Vita games and a couple rare gems. 

Saw the following(those that I can remember) for $15 a pop as always YMMV,

Final Fantasy X/X-2 (with art cards)

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Dugeon Hunter Alliance

Sly Cooper Collection

Jak and Daxter Collection

Gravity Rush

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 :shock:

Only grabbed Gravity Rush as I have everything else, but was considering Uncharted so I could have it physical but the wallet is wearing thin and decided to wait.  On the other side their still trying to sell that Madden 2002 for the PS1 for 2 cents less than it's MSRP of day when it came out, so their still trying to stay classy. :lol:

#8026 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10009 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:09 AM

Already pledged to Muv Luv. Lol.

#8027 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1550 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:36 AM

If I read the details correctly, this is for PC (Steam) only.

Update: Ah, missed the stretch goal info.

#8028 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:31 AM

And it will still be MSRP while on clearance 8+ years after it came out!

pfft thats walmart.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#8029 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:40 AM

lol.

here we go~  Here we go agaiiiiiin~  Here we go again.  Chasing through my brain~

They should have just called SAO "Kirito and His Band of Waifus".  So creepy at points.  There's been multiple points where 4-5 waifus are all on screen at once for a vignette and they all start blinking in unison.

You forgot to put penetrate in there somewhere.

While i usually stand behind Hori. Their DS screen protectors were the best. I actually didnt like their vita ones. They cover more than just the screen which is annoying. I agree that the official Sony ones were the best

mout.gif

Darn that anime looks familiar but I can't remember what its called.  maybe it was that angel beats anime? some school life thing.  Thanks bleach.  so I was right.  haha an elephant never forgets.

anywho I already posted about it in the jrpg niche thread but legend of heroes trails of coldsteel is 31.99 on crunchy roll when you apply the 20% off coupon GIVING2015.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#8030 lBleachl   No, not Clorox. CAGiversary!   270 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:46 AM

Darn that anime looks familiar but I can't remember what its called.

Angel Beats!

Bleachfan333.png

#8031 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36563 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:59 AM

pfft thats walmart.

Last time I looked at Meijer clearance they all had Other M for MSRP still but labeled clearance so I guess that's only 5 years old.

Trade List

#8032 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3529 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:16 PM

Minor Vita sale at Play-Asia today: http://www.play-asia...ES?ref=xmas2015

#8033 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8022 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:45 PM

Minor Vita sale at Play-Asia today: http://www.play-asia...ES?ref=xmas2015

Moero Chronicle $32.99 + shipping Asia English version...all you need...all you need.

#8034 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39892 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:47 PM

Moero Chronicle $32.99 + shipping Asia English version...all you need...all you need.

But I also need free shipping.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#8035 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3529 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:48 PM

That one has been tempting me all day, along with Criminal Girls for $23.

Free shipping would have sealed the deal.

#8036 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36563 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:06 PM

But I also need free shipping.

And to not be $33 and something I've heard of.

Trade List

#8037 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:10 PM

Yea Moe Chron is the only thing thats kinda a deal there really. Trying to find about 20 bucks worth of of other stuff to use one of those $5 coupons but i dont see much.

Wait.. do the coupons even work with specials? I seem to recal having problems last time i tried

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#8038 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4175 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 12 December 2015 - 08:29 PM

Wait.. do the coupons even work with specials? 

No.

#8039 Zeferino64   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Zeferino64

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:12 PM

Yea Moe Chron is the only thing thats kinda a deal there really. Trying to find about 20 bucks worth of of other stuff to use one of those $5 coupons but i dont see much.

Wait.. do the coupons even work with specials? I seem to recal having problems last time i tried

It not worth adding stuff to the order just to use a coupon. You will spike up the shipping cost along side it making the $5 coupon pointless.

#8040 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:04 AM

yea i just said F it and ordered MOe by itself

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\