* * * * - 44 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#23551 Alexpguy  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:37 AM

Can someone please help me figure out how to import my Walking Dead S1 save into S2? After looking online, the closest help I could find was this telltale FAQ that says, "If you have the physical The Walking Dead: Season 1 saves on your Vita Game Card, you will need to use the save data import button on the LiveArea before attempting in-game." But it doesn't say where the button is and I can't find it. When I insert the S2 card and select the import save button, it says," could not find save data on the ps vita card that can be used with this application."

#23552 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6434 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

walking dead S1 and S2 connect to each other? what benefit do u get? i have S1 on xbox 360 and S2 on ps4

#23553 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7622 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:49 PM

Well, it looks like Omega Labyrinth Z was only English in the menus, and no place else. Oh well, $60 saved I guess.

#23554 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21186 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

Looks like their sales are going to plummet. :D

#23555 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37699 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:21 PM

Standard edition of Bad Apple Wars is up for preorder at Amazon. No Prime discount yet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075F7XY3C/

The Prime discount is live now.

#23556 Tweeg  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

walking dead S1 and S2 connect to each other? what benefit do u get? i have S1 on xbox 360 and S2 on ps4

Each game has multiple endings. You can continue from the ending you got in Season 1 if you import the save into Season 2.
 I haven't gotten around to playing the game yet though, so haven't encountered the save importing issue yet... oh joy.

#23557 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11549 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:40 PM

Glad they didn't do this with Blue Reflection Vita, I would have been overjoyed and then fall into the abyss of disappointment and sadness.

#23558 KillScottKill  

KillScottKill

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:54 PM

Chaos;Child has been up on Best Buy for a while, but the price is the same as the PS4 version by mistake. It's driving me crazy.

#23559 Omgrusyrius  

Omgrusyrius

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

Chaos;Child has been up on Best Buy for a while, but the price is the same as the PS4 version by mistake. It's driving me crazy.

Couldn't you call bb and get a price adjustment?

#23560 MsterPanDa  

MsterPanDa

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

Ps_vita_pawn_america1.jpg

Maybe Pawn America had a glitch but for the price I couldn't pass this up. Ordered it as soon as I saw it. The Vita came with the charging cables only and everything works fine. Although when it arrived, looks like someone spilled soda or juice on the Vita as the PS button was hard to push and the back panal was sticky. Did some cleaning with windex, put on a screen protector and it looks fantastic now. No hard buttons to push and not sticky anymore. I also stopped by the pawn america in my area and they had a few vita games. Passed up Amazing Spiderman for $13 (already have the games), god of war for $24 but I did get Madden 13 the previous time I went for $5 Gamestop case. Pawn America actually have some good deals when you spend time looking for Vita games. 

#23561 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

What's up with the Vita complete library list all the time?  According to the collector and LRG forums, nobody goes for full sets.

#23562 Tweeg  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:45 PM

What's up with the Vita complete library list all the time?  According to the collector and LRG forums, nobody goes for full sets.

People who tout such stupidity typically are doing so in a vein attempt to discourage other people from going after the rare titles and causing the market prices to soar beyond where they already are at. There are plenty of us going for complete or presently working on owning complete sets I can assure you, because I am one such individual. Heck, there are members of this very forum working on owning complete libraries of Vita titles from multiple regions.

#23563 Giant_Gamer  

Giant_Gamer

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

People who tout such stupidity typically are doing so in a vein attempt to discourage other people from going after the rare titles and causing the market prices to soar beyond where they already are at. There are plenty of us going for complete or presently working on owning complete sets I can assure you, because I am one such individual. Heck, there are members of this very forum working on owning complete libraries of Vita titles from multiple regions.

Plus there crazy people here who just want to buy a bunch of obscure games that they are interested in playing, but don't want to lose out if they check out 2 minutes too slow. ^_^ aka me.

(Even if Night Trap was fairly bad, it was worth the money to own and experience that part of video game history. The worst part is no vita version, as that would have been the first time the game would have been released on a cartridge)

#23564 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

Oh I know this.  I'm one of them. There was a little bit of /s in that post.  People get bitchy in the LRG or CE thread if you mention anything about maintaining complete sets like nobody does it and you're crazy for suggesting it's a thing.

Specifically the reason Vita games continue to sell out years later, or the fact that game publishers know people are collecting full sets, especially systems like Vita that are long past dead, and are basically exploiting the fact that there are a few thousand people who HAVE to buy anything they put out to maintain their complete libraries.  That's why you keep having releases for Vita, or worse, people who release games for Wii U + Vita + PS4 + Switch + everything, knowing full and well your target market is collectors who will double and triple dip or be forced to give up their full libraries.

Don't even let me get started on excessive amounts of cover variants.

People don't want to believe me when I say that publishers are on to the collector and retro hype propagated by YouTube/Twitter/Instagram/eBay/etc and are increasingly targeting older systems longer, gradually raising prices on collector editions, or producing excessive numbers of limited editions and variants.  Especially on dead systems that haven't even been available to purchase in years!  Vita is the prime example, what other console in history has had games produced on it in these numbers years beyond the system even being available in store and officially discontinued?  Who else are they targeting?

#23565 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11549 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:28 PM

I am playing the Asian import God Eater Resurrection on my NA Vita w/ my NA PSN account (for the Japanese voices and correct pronunciation of Rindou). 

Game is pretty difficult, and from what I read the DLC pack contains a devour style which would help immensely, and of course I can't have access to it :wall:

#23566 4tygames   Cover Guru CAGiversary!   1277 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:05 PM

Can someone please help me figure out how to import my Walking Dead S1 save into S2? After looking online, the closest help I could find was this telltale FAQ that says, "If you have the physical The Walking Dead: Season 1 saves on your Vita Game Card, you will need to use the save data import button on the LiveArea before attempting in-game." But it doesn't say where the button is and I can't find it. When I insert the S2 card and select the import save button, it says," could not find save data on the ps vita card that can be used with this application."

The LiveArea import function is broken for season 2. It looks like it works, but it never will. To play from a S1 save file, you must start a new game from the main menu of the S2 game. Then, you will be prompted to import in any save data from S1. This method is the only way it works. You can't miss it when you start a new game.

#23567 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:11 PM

Each game has multiple endings. You can continue from the ending you got in Season 1 if you import the save into Season 2.
 I haven't gotten around to playing the game yet though, so haven't encountered the save importing issue yet... oh joy.

The choices that you make in S1 carry over to S2.  However, what I played of S2 (1st 3 episodes) what got carried over is minimal. A callback here, a clothing choice there, but nothing that's going to alter the plotline I dont think. Maybe a character dies earlier or later...but either way they die.

#23568 srocky26  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:56 PM

Snip

It's because you constantly bring up your complete PS4 collection and how half the world is collecting a complete PS4 collection. There's also ridiculous posts about buying copies of a CE at every retailer so you can cherry pick the condition. You then have to have the standard edition, LE, CE, etc of every game. Throw in some bitching during EVERY LRG release about how many button clicks you need to get all of the items. Then there's your previous post where you just babble on and on.

People are just tired of you and your nonsense.

#23569 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11868 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:46 AM

I thougt there are people here going for complete?

#23570 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:28 AM

Please don't start this here too. 

Yes there are people going for complete sets, some passive some active. Yes several people here have mentioned complete sets, but this is a gaming website and is by no means a reflection of society.  We are the crazy of the crazy; those of us who frequent these pages are a tiny subset of the subset who even play games and completionists are a fraction of the fraction.  There might be several hundred people going for some kind of a complete set, but there is no way there are several thousand people trying to get a complete set of Vita games.

Outside of limited run when you are dealing with multiple levels of distribution (i.e. manufacturing, distribution, retail) publishers would need to sell way more than a few thousand copies to even think about turning a profit.  No one wants to sell a few thousand copies of a game through retail.  You are suggesting that these publishers are actively trying to undermine your complete sets so they can loose money.  It does not make sense.

#23571 Tweeg  

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:26 AM

Oh I know this.  I'm one of them. There was a little bit of /s in that post.  People get bitchy in the LRG or CE thread if you mention anything about maintaining complete sets like nobody does it and you're crazy for suggesting it's a thing.

Specifically the reason Vita games continue to sell out years later, or the fact that game publishers know people are collecting full sets, especially systems like Vita that are long past dead, and are basically exploiting the fact that there are a few thousand people who HAVE to buy anything they put out to maintain their complete libraries.  That's why you keep having releases for Vita, or worse, people who release games for Wii U + Vita + PS4 + Switch + everything, knowing full and well your target market is collectors who will double and triple dip or be forced to give up their full libraries.

Don't even let me get started on excessive amounts of cover variants.

People don't want to believe me when I say that publishers are on to the collector and retro hype propagated by YouTube/Twitter/Instagram/eBay/etc and are increasingly targeting older systems longer, gradually raising prices on collector editions, or producing excessive numbers of limited editions and variants.  Especially on dead systems that haven't even been available to purchase in years!  Vita is the prime example, what other console in history has had games produced on it in these numbers years beyond the system even being available in store and officially discontinued?  Who else are they targeting?

1. The system isn't "dead".

2. The Vita hasn't been "officially discontinued".

3. Check out the Atari 2600 for a long dead system that is still getting new game releases more than a quarter of a century after the company that originally made the system went belly up. Now that's a hardcore fanbase right there.

#23572 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7693 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:07 AM

So uh... what's the going rate for a used launch Vita? Internet/Cell data one, not wifi only one. The fancier one. Haven't used mine in over a year, might be time to part ways... not having much luck dumping the games, but I don't know if I'm even keeping the system at this point.

#23573 KillScottKill  

KillScottKill

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:21 AM

>Vita long dead

There are like 10 unreleased Vita games (or at least unreleased physically) that I'm looking forward to getting right now. That is not dead.

#23574 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:09 AM

Until I see Vitas new on retail shelves again in the US it's dead and discontinued here regardless what anyone wants to believe.

#23575 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7622 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:46 AM

Until I see Vitas new on retail shelves again in the US it's dead and discontinued here regardless what anyone wants to believe.

I honestly don't think the Vita is "alive" by traditional standards, but there seems to be many new systems offered on Amazon by 3rd parties, for $204, which is pretty much retail cost. And there are many items offered online in an exclusive capacity, so I would never call any item "dead", just because I don't see it locally.

So, based on your logic alone, many here could consider the NS "dead", as I still see reports from those who have never seen that on a store shelve. So while I don't think the Vita has a grand presence at retail, it seems to get just as many new game releases and announcements on a rather regular basis as any other systems. And for me personally, I think I've spent more on this "dead" system over the last 5 years, than I have for any other so called "alive" system in gaming history, so it's far from dead to me(or my wallet for that matter).

But to each his own I suppose.

#23576 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:42 PM

Anyone have a list of physical NA Vita games that have been released this year?

#23577 GameOverGreggy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

GameOverGreggy

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

Anyone have a list of physical NA Vita games that have been released this year?

https://docs.google....1z-I/edit#gid=0

#23578 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3306 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:53 PM

I think the simple way of calling the vita is... the hardware market is completely shut down in the USA.  Sony themselves stopped selling the systems, memory cards, and whatnot here in the USA.   The software market for the vita is alive.

As far as people going for complete sets, there might be thousands trying (I have no way to know how many) but Breach & Clear limits this to 1500 possible sets in a perfect world where nobody owns more than one copy, no copies were destroyed, and only those 1500 copies are owned by people actually after a complete set.  The actual legit number that can probably get a full set is probably well under 1000 because of people like me not going for a complete set but still owning Breach & Clear (at least until I sell off most of my physical vita games).

#23579 GameOverGreggy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

GameOverGreggy

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:07 PM

Depending on how you define complete it could also be limited to 1,000 possible sets because of the Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Limited Edition or ~700 for the Plague Road KS Variant Cover.

#23580 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3306 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:28 PM

Depending on how you define complete it could also be limited to 1,000 possible sets because of the Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Limited Edition or ~700 for the Plague Road KS Variant Cover.

Yeah those that go for complete sets including variants are in for a major uphill battle.  I'm thankful I've never considered that kind of collecting.  If I were to define a complete set it would likely not even include the limited print stuff and would only count games that actually ended up at major retailers (Amazon, Bestbuy, Walmart, Gamestop, etc).