* * * * - 41 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#23791 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9860 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:10 AM

I know were all excited for Undertale

#23792 Madzane  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:59 AM

Undertale was announced for Vita?!?

#23793 Shaggy0131   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Shaggy0131

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:05 AM

I'm not sure if it was announced, but you can preorder it from fangamer and it's free shipping

#23794 Madzane  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:09 AM

Woot. I'm in.

#23795 chems1919   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

chems1919

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:23 AM

Semispheres is up on Play-asia. There is a blue cover version and an orange cover version (limited 1,000 copies for each)...

Blue: https://www.play-asi...9?tagid=1184207

Orange: https://www.play-asi...lusiv/13/70bg5h

I had a reminder to look for this tomorrow, but I saw on the Vita reddit that it just went up for pre-order.

#23796 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5161 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:26 AM

Woot. I'm in.

There's an expensive CE offered there as well, and it's one of the very few Vita CE that I didn't get, as I just had zero interest in everything being offered. I just got the vanilla version, and was happy to have it. LOL

#23797 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5161 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:50 AM

BTW, Play-Asia has their latest release up. https://www.play-asi...lusiv/13/70bg5h

There's a "blue" option as well, so you have an orange and blue to choose from, with both limited to 1000 per color. Of course I just ordered one of each, and God only knows why? WTF was I thinking? LOL As soon as the money comes in, I find some way to piss it away each and every time.

#23798 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9860 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:09 AM

I'm not sure if it was announced, but you can preorder it from fangamer and it's free shipping

What? Shipping is free? Had to pay $4 for mine.

Now I just want to contact them and see if I can get that $4 back. :lol:

#23799 Giant_Gamer  

Giant_Gamer

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:27 AM

It was announced at E3, right before Sony's main press conference. The announcement trailer had really nice production values too. (at least compared to what I was expecting.)

#23800 Alexpguy  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:57 PM

There's an expensive CE offered there as well, and it's one of the very few Vita CE that I didn't get, as I just had zero interest in everything being offered. I just got the vanilla version, and was happy to have it. LOL

I would have been down for the soundtrack and the art book for an extra $15-20, but $39 for a gold necklace is a big no thank you. I guess they helped me save money by making it an easy decision to get the std version.

#23801 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5161 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:09 PM

I would have been down for the soundtrack and the art book for an extra $15-20, but $39 for a gold necklace is a big no thank you. I guess they helped me save money by making it an easy decision to get the std version.

Same here, as I would have liked to have the story book included, but I already have the artbook offered on the site, so I said to hell with it. I've been getting way to many CE for the Vita lately, but at least there's a decent value to most(for me at least), but yeah, none here so it was an easy pass.

#23802 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36136 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:11 PM

Semispheres is up on Play-asia. There is a blue cover version and an orange cover version (limited 1,000 copies for each)...

I had a reminder to look for this tomorrow, but I saw on the Vita reddit that it just went up for pre-order.

Thanks, I ordered an Orange copy because that's clearly the best color. [-(

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild; Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Shadow of War :ps3: TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Ys: Memories of Celceta

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Blue Reflection (3.75/5 :3ds: M&L: Superstar Saga (4.5/5)

#23803 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

Ordered the blue copy of Semispheres with a $3 off code this morning.

I'm excited for Sir Eats Alot and Reverie releases in the future.

Tachyon Project was a nice release. I am enjoying the game so far too.

997362.png

#23804 Tweeg  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

So really though, was I the only person who pre-ordered Ys Origin from Play-Asia and got sent the PS4 version? Was thinking this must have been a more widespread issue. But even looking at my order status on Play-Asia, whgich I know had been for the Vita version up until prior to it actually shipping they changed it to the worthless PS4 version, arrgh. Going to throw it on Ebay, not worth the trouble and postage costs to have to mail it back to Singapore and then have to agonize over it for the two to three weeks it would take to clear customs and get there. Does ruin the plans to gift it to one of the nephews for Christmas.

In other news, this is apparently happening according to Play-Asia. (cross fingers hoping this is for real)

secret_of_mana_pr.jpg

#23805 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11093 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

Tweeg, where do I find that Vita release chart that you post sometimes? Can't see it in your Sig.

Gonna cross-check with the Asian release chart and see what I can afford to buy/import. 

TIA.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#23806 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20498 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:38 PM

In other news, this is apparently happening according to Play-Asia. (cross fingers hoping this is for real)

secret_of_mana_pr.jpg

be8.gif

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#23807 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3113 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

Ordered one of each. Use VITAFR to save $3.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#23808 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2429 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:47 PM

Additionally this might also increase the value of all LRG to this point.

Also most of these games are already rated, so it probably won't cost them too much more to get the rating on the game box.

It is a bit of an annoyance. The ESRB is notorious for being under-staffed, and doesn't really have the capacity to keep up with the volume of the modern indie gaming market. A requirement like this one will cause significant delays for indie titles that are trying to get official release on home console platforms. And this requirement makes little sense for niche publishers like Limited Run Games, where nearly the entirety of their stock is distributed through on-line sales in extremely limited quantities. The chances of any of these games making their way into the hands of minors is lower than almost any other physical release.

That said, it will indeed boost the previous perceived value of existing LRG releases on the second hand market. While they were previously rare, now they're doubly rare for being the only officially-sanctioned commercial releases that DON'T have an ESRB rating. Any collector who has been stockpiling these things can expect a big boost in their second-hand market value over the course of the next two years. Don't sell now. Give this news time to spread around, and a few ESRB rated titles to come out. Once the word gets out, those prices are going to climb.

#23809 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

That said, it will indeed boost the previous perceived value of existing LRG releases on the second hand market. While they were previously rare, now they're doubly rare for being the only officially-sanctioned commercial releases that DON'T have an ESRB rating. Any collector who has been stockpiling these things can expect a big boost in their second-hand market value over the course of the next two years. Don't sell now. Give this news time to spread around, and a few ESRB rated titles to come out. Once the word gets out, those prices are going to climb.

^ I can't possibly roll my eyes any harder.

#23810 Tweeg  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

Tweeg, where do I find that Vita release chart that you post sometimes? Can't see it in your Sig.

Gonna cross-check with the Asian release chart and see what I can afford to buy/import. 

TIA.

You mean this?

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.pso...ive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:

Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2017 -
- 3rd Quarter

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (9/26)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (9/27)
Undertale (3rd Quarter)
- 4th Quarter
Axiom Verge : Multiverse Edition (11/21)
Bad Apple Wars (10/13)
Chaos;Child (10/24)
Demon Gaze II (11/14)
Shakedown Hawaii (4th Quarter)
Tokyo Tattoo Girls (11/14)
Velocity 2X : Critical Mass Edition (10/24)
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (10/24)
- Release Date Not Yet Announced
2064: Read Only Memories (TBA)
Battle Princess Madelyn (TBA)
Claire: Extended Cut (TBA)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Croixleur Sigma (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Factotum 90 (TBA)
Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Home: A Unique Horror Adventure (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt & Sanctuary (TBA)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Under Night In-Brith Exe:Late[st] (TBA)
Va-11 Hall-A (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

- 2018 -
7’sCarlet (TBA)
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (TBA)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)
Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ (TBA)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (1st Quarter?)
Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk (TBA)
Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly (TBA)
Secret of Mana (2/15)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (February)

- Special Edition Pre-Order Updates -

- Aksys Games -
Bad Apple Wars
Day One Edition - Available
- $39.99
- http://www.gamestop....gamestop/153014
- Release Date: October 13th, 2017

- Atlus -
 - Nothing announced.

- Badland Games -
Axiom Verge
Multiverse Edition - Available
- $29.99
- https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6008500
- Release Date: November 21st, 2017

- Gaijin Works -
Summon Night 6 : Lost Borders
VGP Plus Exclusive Wonderful Edition - Limit 1 per customer while supplies last.
- $179.99 Canadian Dollars
- https://www.videogam...ta-p-24660.html
- Release Date: September 27th, 2017

- Idea Factory -
- Nothing announced

- Limited Run Games -
 - Plenty announced, but no release dates given.

- Marvelous! / XSeed Games -
 - Nothing announced.

- NIS America -
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Limited Edition - SOLD OUT!!!
- $79.99
- http://store.nisamer...edition-ps-vita
- Release Date: September 26th, 2017

Demon Gaze II
Limited Edition - Less than 50% available!
- $64.99
- https://store.nisame...edition-ps-vita
- Release Date: November 14th, 2017

Tokyo Tattoo Girls
Limited Edition - Less than 75% available!
- $39.99
- Release Date: November 14th, 2017

Yomawari: Midnight Shadows
Limited Edition - Less than 50% available!
- $49.99
- Release Date: October 24th, 2017

- Rice Digital -
Chaos;Child
Gigalomaniac Edition - Available
- $64.99 (plus international S&H)
- http://www.ricedigit...lectors-edition
- Release Date: October 24th, 2017

- KickStarter Offerings -

- Koji Igarashi -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- $60.00 + S&H (FULLY FUNDED! Still available to preorder!)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Collector's Box
- $250.00 + S&H
- https://www.kickstar...l-of-the-night/
- Targeted Release Date: March 2018

- Tokyo Otaku Mode / Frontwing -
Sharin no Kuni ~ The Girl Among the Sunflowers ~
- Campaing began November 21st, 2016, and ended on December 21st, 2016.
- Vita Physical Stretch Goal: $120,000 (Met and Exceeded)
- $46.00 & Up + S&H (BackerKit)
- https://www.kickstar...no-kuni-project
- https://re-sharin-no...preorders/72680
- Targeted Release Date: 1st Quarter 2018

#23811 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11093 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:37 PM

Thanks Tweeg!

October will be quiet for me, thankfully. If I finish Danganronpa 3 in a month, will be able to chip a little backlog. Currently planned: 

Finish Shinoni Versus; then finish Dangan 3, then try to get to YS Memories of Cel to prepare for YS VIII.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#23812 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3113 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

Also most of these games are already rated, so it probably won't cost them too much more to get the rating on the game box.

I think LRG has mentioned previously that there are two different routes for ESRB approval based on digital-only vs digital+physical. Since LRG tends to release games that are already digitally published, this could mean they have to get the game re-approved by the ESRB for digital+physical. It would depend on how the developer originally submitted the game for approval.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#23813 Alexpguy  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:00 PM

Just recived my LRG Ys Origins and I got the ugly cover. Also, the card it came with is baseball card sized. Is that new or did they start that a while back? Last LRG releases I received Thomas was Alone and Moe Chronicles.

#23814 KillScottKill  

KillScottKill

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:12 PM

Someone else in the LRG thread stated they also got their standard Vita copy. Dang I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet and I got on that in the morning batch. I did order Asdivine Hearts too, though.

#23815 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2429 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

I can't possibly roll my eyes any harder.

I don't sell any of my games. Ever. I'm a collector only, not a reseller.

But I also recognize the realities of the marketplace. And no matter how hard you roll your eyes, what I described is going to come to pass.

Platform holders like Microsoft and Sony have never before required ESRB approval for publishing on their platforms. ESRB "requirements" were a self-imposed restriction placed by retailers, not game developers or publishers. Developers and publishers actively pursued ESRB classification for their titles because retailers like Wal-Mart insisted on ratings before they would stock games. (and even made getting a certain rating or below a requirement, Wal-Mart still today does not stock AO-rated games)

Digital games have not always had to adhere to ESRB ratings. Most prominently, indie and early-access games on Steam frequently ignore ESRB classification. (due to the extra expense and headache) Functionally, there is little difference for the platform holders with this change in policy. For indie developers, it is a bit more of a problem. Even with a reduction in cost for the physical classification, it still adds expense to a physical release. This eats into their bottom line for a Limited Run release of their titles, where the margins were already fairly slim. The extra expense and trouble could scare off some indie developers.

It is also true that existing non-ESRB rated LRG titles are going to jump in value, and will continue to do so as the years go by. Thanks to this new platform-dictated policy, the number of LRG titles with ESRB ratings will continue to grow, while the number of titles without the rating will be static. If LRG hangs around long enough, the number of rating-less titles will be outstripped by the rating-bearing titles. Then we'll have a scenario on our hands similar to the original-label and greatest-hits versions of the past. Often times, the greatest number of sales for a title comes from its greatest-hits print run. These are normally released later in a console's retail presence, allowing for a much larger install base. They are also usually part of a budget-line, making them much easier on the wallet. These factors often allow a title to sell the greatest number of copies during its greatest-hits print run. And this sort of scenario always boosts the value of the physical copies with the original labels.

#23816 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9860 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:44 PM

Someone else in the LRG thread stated they also got their standard Vita copy. Dang I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet and I got on that in the morning batch. I did order Asdivine Hearts too, though.

They already had Asdivine Hearts on hand

#23817 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19761 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:45 PM

Thanks Tweeg!

October will be quiet for me, thankfully. If I finish Danganronpa 3 in a month, will be able to chip a little backlog. Currently planned: 

Finish Shinoni Versus; then finish Dangan 3, then try to get to YS Memories of Cel to prepare for YS VIII.

No Ys Origins?

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#23818 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9860 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

Just recived my LRG Ys Origins and I got the ugly cover. Also, the card it came with is baseball card sized. Is that new or did they start that a while back? Last LRG releases I received Thomas was Alone and Moe Chronicles.

They introduced trading cards a few months ago.

Moe Chronicles was never through LRG.

#23819 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36136 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:54 PM

Thanks Tweeg!

Ys VIII sitting sealed on my shelf

+

Danganronpa 3 on the way from Amazon for delivery tomorrow

=

Must...platinum...Ys Celceta...noooooowwwwww :joystick:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild; Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Shadow of War :ps3: TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Ys: Memories of Celceta

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Blue Reflection (3.75/5 :3ds: M&L: Superstar Saga (4.5/5)

#23820 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11093 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:57 PM

Ys VIII sitting sealed on my shelf

+

Danganronpa 3 on the way from Amazon for delivery tomorrow

=

Must...platinum...Ys Celceta...noooooowwwwww :joystick:

My Danganronpa 3 is the LE from NISA, it says delivery for today, don't know how that will go. Might be in for a surprise when I get home. YS VIII is also LE from NISA, I opened it to fondle it.

You are on Ys Celceta? Game is relatively quick for non-trophy hunters? HLTB says 12 hours.

Mathematically Correct.

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png