* * * * - 41 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#24091 Tweeg  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:33 PM

#24092 Tothoro  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

I was wondering when they'd announce their next otome. My wife keeps asking me if there have been any updates on the Code Realize fandisc (she really enjoyed the original game), but I think Hakuoki was another one of her favorites.

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#24093 MikeKeese  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:05 PM

Should I play the lottery? My used copy of Toukiden 2 from the GS website came complete

#24094 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   789 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

Should I play the lottery? My used copy of Toukiden 2 from the GS website came complete

Probably not. If the package only contained Minecraft used code, then maybe buy a lottery ticket because your luck may change for the better.

#24095 TenshiEffect   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

TenshiEffect

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:53 AM

I was wondering when they'd announce their next otome. My wife keeps asking me if there have been any updates on the Code Realize fandisc (she really enjoyed the original game), but I think Hakuoki was another one of her favorites.

Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ is coming out in 2018. 

#24096 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:47 AM

Just tried remote play for Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash today... I assume I need to beef up my local WIFI in some way. But it was blurry, artifacting, and eventually cut out when I was streaming netflix to a different device. My wifi is pretty fucking decent. But this didn't compare to my smooth, clear remote play experience on X1. Using a Linksys E4200. No network cables invloved in either of these experiences. Any ideas on what I should look for. I wasn't originally planning on using the remote play feature, but I've found it to be useful for grinding while getting other things done.

You might try remote play on a computer to see if it's the wifi connection of the Vita.  Laptop usually have better wifi than Vita. The wifi on Vita isn't that great I would say, the PSTV's wifi is even worse.

I have PS4 in living room, wired to router. The PSTV in my bedroom on wifi very often refuse to do remote play, I have that fixed using wired connection with powerline  adapter. The Vita works better than PSTV, can do it without issue at a little farther distance.

#24097 Tweeg  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:55 PM

Just when we we're hoping for release dates on already announced games from LRG, we got this instead.

#24098 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7972 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:02 AM

Meh, it was free with PS+ I think. Good for those physical collectors out there though.

#24099 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9888 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:05 AM

Meh, it was free with PS+ I think. Good for those physical collectors out there though.

i didn't have ps+ back then. So yay for me. 

#24100 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:53 AM

This.

#24101 Milera  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:23 PM

Is there going to be any deals on BF for vita games?

Get Custom MousePad Under $1 - CAG

#24102 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5191 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:24 PM

You may see a few, but I don't think most places have large enough inventory to even bother. The Vita is dead to most retailers, and BF deals or normally to get rid of non moving stock, or to get people in the door for other items. I don't see the Vita doing either for anyone, so I'm not expecting tons of deals.

EDIT: And if when when they do happen, you'll need to be at the right place, at the right time. As most stock is very low, and the deals go lightning fast. 

#24103 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:26 PM

Hold on, let me get my crystal ball...

#24104 jr8rulz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   606 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:22 PM

You may see a few, but I don't think most places have large enough inventory to even bother. The Vita is dead to most retailers, and BF deals or normally to get rid of non moving stock, or to get people in the door for other items. I don't see the Vita doing either for anyone, so I'm not expecting tons of deals.

EDIT: And if when when they do happen, you'll need to be at the right place, at the right time. As most stock is very low, and the deals go lightning fast. 

Hold on, let me get my crystal ball...

Future unclear..ask again later

Limited Run Games Trading Thread: https://www.cheapass...-trading-thread

#24105 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1874 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:46 PM

I'm going to say no.
Best bet would be possibly gamestop having a vita game on sale & amazon matching them if they do.

#24106 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10540 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:56 PM

I'm going to say no.
Best bet would be possibly gamestop having a vita game on sale & amazon matching them if they do.

I would agree with this - Gamestop and Amazon would be the best bets.  I would even add in the NISA and Aksys websites since they usually run BF deals and are pretty active Vita publishers.  Best Buy carries a fair number of Vita games but never seems to put them on sale.  In fact, they rarely go to clearance anymore.

#24107 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7972 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:03 PM

Only thing for Vita would be the usual buy 2 get 1 free used games thing at Gamestop. For new games....Gamestop may have a few (like they did a year or two for Freedom Wars), but honestly most of the new titles are so niche that they wont be that cheap because they don't have as many copies floating around.

#24108 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5005 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:48 PM

Future unclear..ask again later

Thats a magic 8 ball, sir.

I just spent an hour dragging a boat up a mountain for a trophy. What have I become...

Now just play a really piece of shit game and then complain about it until (and well after) you get the plat.

#24109 Tweeg  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:24 PM

Black Friday doubful for any Vita specific sales. Past several years now GameSlop has regularly held a "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" used products sale, which of course includes Vita systems, accessories, and games. Aksys Games tends to put virtually all of their inventory on sale on Black Friday.

Aksys Games never seems to have inventory issues as far as ample quantities being available to supply demand during their sale. But make sure you're ordering enough to qualify for free shipping as otherwise shipping is charged at actual calculated rate via USPS PRiority Mail and is rather high. Last year I padded my order from them with deeply discounted PSP games as adding a couple of $9.99 PSP games only made my order a few dollars more than if I had not gotten them and paid for the shipping. Aksys Games Webstore: https://store.aksysgames.com/

carousel-item-6.jpg?11406342932685534788

Last couple of years now Nippon Ichi Software America (NISA) has held Cyber Monday sales through their online store, which has included Vita games. Likewise, Limited Run Games (LRG) held a special sale last year, but not through their website, rather through their forum and was subject to first come first serve in responding to their sale postings through private messaging. No idea is LRG will do that again this year and if so if they will again use the chaotic private messaging method or actually make the items available through their webstore as one should hope they would do.

Items in the NISA sale tend to sell out lightning fast as it is literally the remainder inventory of limited and collector's editions they'd been holding back to replace lost or damaged deliveries, and in some instances they've even notated in the sale listings you may receive product which had been returned by another customer due to packaging having been damaged in shipping.But NISA has had lots of Vita releases so far this year, so should be a good selection if you can be online at midnight Pacific Standard Time to catch when the deals go live. Definitely sign up for their e-mail newsletter if you want to have a couple days heads up as to when their sale will begin this year. Again, try to order enough to qualify for free shipping elsewise they too charge calculated shipping to you using USPS Priority Mail. NISA Webstore: https://store.nisamerica.com/

NISA Online Store is happy to offer free shipping options to all of our domestic customers (customers who live within the United States and it's territories) who place orders of more than $75.00! Free Shipping methods will vary depending on the weight or contents of your order. The following is a breakdown of the free shipping methods we offer:

• Orders Under 13 oz: USPS Standard First Class
  • Orders 13oz and above: USPS Priority
  • All Anime-Only orders: USPS Media Mail

** All free shipping methods come with tracking information.

#24110 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20499 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

FRsWQO9.gif

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#24111 Tothoro  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:34 AM

Looks like 2064: ROM isn't coming to Vita after all:

Full Kickstarter post: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gaymercon/read-only-memories-a-tribute-to-90s-adventure-game/posts/2022537

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#24112 MsterPanDa  

MsterPanDa

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:53 AM

Many developers have been doing this for a few years now. The PS4 has become so mainstream that they just don't care about making one for the Vita or an exclusive game for the Vita. The PS4 is the go to when they make games as I guess it's easier and many people have a PS4. Another thing is you can remote play from the Vita if you have a PS4 copy. Not happy about that since many Vita exclusives have now been ported to PS4 but those that have a Vita really can't do much about it. Limited Run Games have both copies of a game on PS4 and Vita which is confusing as why don't they just make an exclusive PS4 or Vita game instead or one or the other. Only games that will be successful will get a Vita version. 

#24113 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:23 AM

Last year on Black Friday, I posted a deal from Jet.com for 30% off any order. The site had a lot of Vita CEs and Vita games back then. I haven't checked, but there could still be a pretty good stock of Vita games, and with the discount the prices were pretty good. So maybe look out for that.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#24114 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11104 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:13 AM

Last year on Black Friday, I posted a deal from Jet.com for 30% off any order. The site had a lot of Vita CEs and Vita games back then. I haven't checked, but there could still be a pretty good stock of Vita games, and with the discount the prices were pretty good. So maybe look out for that.

As much as I would hope for that, dont see it happening since they are now Wal Mart and past that "burn thru start up money so that people know who we are" phase.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#24115 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:21 AM

Limited Run Games have both copies of a game on PS4 and Vita which is confusing as why don't they just make an exclusive PS4 or Vita game instead or one or the other. Only games that will be successful will get a Vita version. 

The strategy of LRG is simple, they just need to have a small group of people to buy to break even and any more is profit. I have a friend did book publishing before, he said he only needed to sell 5000 copies to break even, so he specialized in publishing books of odd topics. There is always some special interest group and they will buy whatever they're offered because they have very few choices.

Vita community is such kind of group. LRG targets this small group of collectors and they can safely break even and then make profit. The publishing cost is relative low as the developers will be very willing to sell them the Vita version license at relative lower cost.

#24116 Tweeg  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:12 PM

Looks like 2064: ROM isn't coming to Vita after all:

Full Kickstarter post: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gaymercon/read-only-memories-a-tribute-to-90s-adventure-game/posts/2022537

You know, I seriously have to question why a 2D 32-bit pixel-graphic styled game couldn't be made to work on the Vita after four years of development time. Is it lazy programming? Inexperienced coders? Or they got handed a check and a go ahead from Nintendo to drop Vita and develop it for the Switch instead? I'm thinking the latter, but that's just what my gut instinct is telling me.

Truthfully, it was one of those games that honestly didn't sound all that appealing to me despite being of the Sci-Fi adventure genre. But if I think about context of what has been revealed about the game's story and plot elements over the years, the Switch probably does already have a larger target market consumer base established that the game would appeal more to.

Still sad it won't be coming to the Vita for whatever reason. It's a game I know several forum members on another site I frequent have been looking forward to and are rather, rightfully, upset over the countless completion delays. Also feel sorry for everyone who backed it for the Vita version who've effectively been ripped off.

As much as I would hope for that, dont see it happening since they are now Wal Mart and past that "burn thru start up money so that people know who we are" phase.

Yeah, the consistent promos Jet.com had been running are overwith. Like TooPoor has said, Wal*Mart bought Jet.com and it's effectively just a mirror of WalMart.com now for shoppers who don't want to admit they shop at Wal-Mart. All of the Vita game base prices on the site shot up to match or even exceed the prices on WalMart.com after the buyout was finalized a few months back, which is not to say they were cheaper than WalMart.com to begin with, but those crazy good discount offers Jet.com kept running made for lots of good deals.

#24117 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5191 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:32 PM

You know, I seriously have to question why a 2D 32-bit pixel-graphic styled game couldn't be made to work on the Vita after four years of development time. Is it lazy programming? Inexperienced coders? Or they got handed a check and a go ahead from Nintendo to drop Vita and develop it for the Switch instead? I'm thinking the latter, but that's just what my gut instinct is telling me.

It comes down the the likely hood of what's going to make more money in the end. I didn't know about this game, but I'm always for more Vita love, but sometimes it's not worth the time. 4 years is a long time for anything really, and at the start, I'm sure their intentions where true, but considering most places no longer carry Vita games in stores, a physical or digital version of a game like this would be very limited.

To do it for the NS, it's just starting out, so even if it doesn't do well at the start, there is plenty of time to see it improve. At this point, the Vita would be hit or miss, depending on the quality of the game, and unless it's very well received, their unlikely to see a return on the Vita side of the equation.

So far of the the games I have backed, they have kept true to the Vita versions, but I've seen many Wii U titles fall off, and it was a completely understandable decision. For a company to do the same for the Vita, I can't really fault them. I'm still hoping Bloodstained still makes it for the Vita, but if it gets cancelled, I won't be surprised. And if it does, I'll probably just get a refund. No harm, no foul.

#24118 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19772 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:32 AM

They are releasing ROM on XBox One and even mobile phone.  The engine they used is just too hard to port to Vita.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#24119 toneroni   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   631 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:27 PM

They are releasing ROM on XBox One and even mobile phone.  The engine they used is just too hard to port to Vita.

looks like it would be good for mobile - I'll wait to try it out then even though its been so cheap on steam

Currently Playing: Destiny  :ps4: Ultimate MvC3, USF4  :ps3:  Persona 3: FES  :ps2:   Hot Shots Golf :vita:  SMT1, Marvel Puzzle Quest

Best Gaming Memories: Super SF2 and Killer Instinct on X-Band for SNES (online play w/little lag in the 90s!), FF4+6, SF2 (arcade), MVC2 (DC), Goldeneye + Perfect Dark (N64), Starcraft Broodwars
Too many games in my backlog...not enough time!

#24120 Homerun17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   428 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Homerun17

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:33 PM

Exist Archive keeps dropping on Amazon, down to $9.88, but is now an add-on item.

https://www.amazon.c...DKIKX0DER&psc=1

EDIT: down to $9.83, it keeps dropping a few cents every few hours lol

EDIT EDIT: $9.82

$9.73