* * * * - 41 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#24391 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3378 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:50 PM

So so true!

hey, how did Blackbeard get there......lol.

#24392 new1   Cyber Sleuth in Training CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

Quick question does NISA Online store do anything for Blackfriday? I have been camping their  YOMAWARI: MIDNIGHT SHADOWS LIMITED EDITION and  TOKYO TATTOO GIRLS LIMITED EDITION. I know they wait about a month after to put them up so I didnt know if they hold them for some sale soon?

andydvd.png

#24393 Tweeg  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2017 -
- 4th Quarter

Axiom Verge: Multiverse Edition (11/21)
Claire: Extended Cut (12/1)
mystery LRG game #3 (TBA)
Shakedown Hawaii (4th Quarter)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (November)
Windjammers (12/1)
- Release Dates Not Yet Announced, Most Will Likely Convert to 2018 Releases.
Battle Princess Madelyn (TBA)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Croixleur Sigma (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Factotum 90 (TBA)
Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Home: A Unique Horror Adventure (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt & Sanctuary (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Under Night In-Brith Exe:Late[st] (TBA)
Va-11 Hall-A (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

- 2018 -
- 1st Quarter

Muv-Luv Trilogy (1st Quarter?)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (February)
Velocity 2X : Critical Mass Edition (1/23)
- 2nd Quarter
Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms (2nd Quarter)
- Release Dates Not Yet Announced Announced.
7’sCarlet (TBA)
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (TBA)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)
Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ (TBA)
Organ Trail: Complete Edition (TBA)
Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk (TBA)
Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly (TBA)
Reverie (TBA)

- Special Edition Pre-Order Updates -

- Aksys Games -
 - Nothing announced.

- Atlus -
 - Nothing announced.

- Badland Games -
Axiom Verge
Multiverse Edition - Available
- $29.99
- https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6008500
- Release Date: November 21st, 2017

- Gaijin Works -
Summon Night 6 : Lost Borders
VGP Plus Exclusive Wonderful Edition - Limit 1 per customer while supplies last.
- $179.99 Canadian Dollars
- https://www.videogam...ta-p-24660.html
- Release Date: October 31st, 2017

- Idea Factory -
- Nothing announced

- Limited Run Games -
Windjammers
Collector's Edition - Available Soon
- $ TBA
- https://www.limitedrungames.com/
- Release Date: December 1st, 2017

- Marvelous! / XSeed Games -
 - Nothing announced.

- NIS America -
- Nothing Announced

- Rice Digital -
 - Nothing announced.

- KickStarter Offerings -

- Koji Igarashi / 505 Games -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- $60.00 + S&H (FULLY FUNDED! Still available to preorder!)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Collector's Box
- $250.00 + S&H
- https://www.kickstar...l-of-the-night/
- Targeted Release Date: March 2018

- Tokyo Otaku Mode / Frontwing -
Sharin no Kuni ~ The Girl Among the Sunflowers ~
- Campaing began November 21st, 2016, and ended on December 21st, 2016.
- Vita Physical Stretch Goal: $120,000 (Met and Exceeded)
- $46.00 & Up + S&H (BackerKit)
- https://www.kickstar...no-kuni-project
- https://re-sharin-no...preorders/72680
- Targeted Release Date: 1st Quarter 2018

#24394 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20692 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:27 AM

>.> what did ya get?

I shall post once they arrive. :3

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#24395 Tothoro  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:31 AM

(snip)

Last update on Skullgirls from the LRG folks was targeting December. Though at this point, TBA is probably a more accurate indicator. :-(

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#24396 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3753 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:41 AM

I'm no expert on bear anatomy, but that bear's [redacted] seems unusually long.

And curly.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#24397 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3193 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:52 AM

I'm no expert on bear anatomy, but that bear's [redacted] seems unusually long.

And curly.

I never would’ve thought Monokuma would have the corkscrew penis of a duck
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#24398 Zilvik   CAG in Training CAG in Training   20 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:21 AM

What are the chances the Vita edition of YS VIII goes on sale anywhere during black friday? Does Amazon still do sales on Vita stuff?

#24399 Tothoro  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:36 AM

What are the chances the Vita edition of YS VIII goes on sale anywhere during black friday? Does Amazon still do sales on Vita stuff?

Very low. I think the only time you can expect to see Vita deals are in store-wide B2G1-type deals. I doubt the MSRP will hold too long beyond the holidays, though.

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#24400 Tweeg  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:54 AM

Quick question does NISA Online store do anything for Blackfriday? I have been camping their  YOMAWARI: MIDNIGHT SHADOWS LIMITED EDITION and  TOKYO TATTOO GIRLS LIMITED EDITION. I know they wait about a month after to put them up so I didnt know if they hold them for some sale soon?

NISA's annual holiday sale always begins on Cyber Monday., which this year will be on November 27th.

Due to those two titles having only just released today, I do not forsee either of those being part of NISA's annual sale this year. As you have already said, they retain a certain percentage of copies of the game for about a month after the last ordered copy has been shipped out to use as replacements for any reported lost and damaged shipments. The leftover copies, and the returned damaged copies, are then held back to sell off at the NISA booth at Anime Expo. Whatever then doesn't sell at Anime Expo is then offered online during their annual holiday sale.

Last update on Skullgirls from the LRG folks was targeting December. Though at this point, TBA is probably a more accurate indicator. :-(

The temptation to list the release date as "(maybe?)" was very strong. But thanks for pointing out that they're now claiming next month, somehow I'd missed that.

Haven't shopped with Amazon.com in twenty-three months. Last thing I ordered from them was Steins;Gate for the Vita, for which they were the only official US-based distributor thereof and they put the game on sale for $19.99 on Christmas Day 2015. Kinda scary I can remember that isn't it?

That said, the game has allegedly sold rather well. NIS (NISA/NISE) Published the English language version in both R1 and Europe R2, making it readily available to the largest English-language markets, and copies are still easy to find in both territories. With those facts in mind, findiing a used good copy at a good price in GameStop during their annual "Buy 2 Used, Get 1 Used Free" sale shouldn't be impossible. Otherwise, we're so close to when the game released back in September I can't imagine NISA officially discounting this title before next year, if then. NISA Isn't exactly known for marking down their releases.

#24401 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10405 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:16 AM

5% 

It takes 5 weeks for the Vita carts to get manufactured and delivered. Unless it gets approved this week, we will get it in January since if it happens to come in on December, it will still take at least 1 - 2 weeks to actually ship/arrive.

#24402 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10405 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:08 AM

Nonary Games is 19.99 at Gamestop. 

#24403 Omgrusyrius  

Omgrusyrius

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:23 AM

Is it worth driving  a total of 35mi just for in store pickup? Hmm..decisions decisions.

#24404 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5649 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for the heads up, as I just grabbed one of the last ones in my area to be had. LOL I always try to get most Vita titles at $20 or under, and by the looks of things, this was now or never. 

#24405 CommanderShiro   Teal Mecha CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

CommanderShiro

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:53 PM

Awesome. Hopefully I can snag a copy after work. Only 1 store near me has it in stock. Thanks for the heads up.

2309712-4228694702-n2014.jpg

#24406 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20692 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:50 PM

Going to go GS.com route for a used copy since I don't have any near me, or PUR anymore.

Ordering a few in hopes one will arrive complete.

Fingers crossed!

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#24407 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5649 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

Going to go GS.com route for a used copy since I don't have any near me, or PUR anymore.

Ordering a few in hopes one will arrive complete.

Fingers crossed!

Holy shit, buy a lottery ticket instead, your odds will be much better. LOL

#24408 lakers714  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:47 PM

Does anyone have an issue with not being able to put anything for hold and you get an error message? 

r5gKEIn.gif

#24409 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

Tokyo Xanadu is $29.99/$24.99 @ gamestop. 

#24410 CommanderShiro   Teal Mecha CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

CommanderShiro

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:58 PM

Awesome. Hopefully I can snag a copy after work. Only 1 store near me has it in stock. Thanks for the heads up.

Well one of my worst fears came true today. The Gamestop location near me took down their Vita display, and tossed out all of the Vita cases. The cases for all their "new" Vita games were thrown away too. I was there a few weeks ago to buy a different Vita game. There were plenty of complete Vita games, I was considering for the eventual buy 2 get 1 deal on Black Friday.  :wall:

#24411 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20692 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:06 PM

Does anyone have an issue with not being able to put anything for hold and you get an error message? 

The site is being wonky, like it always is.

That's not working, and checking out with Paypal isn't working either.

Ended up having to checkout normally through them, but not saving my CC info anywhere on that deathtrap of a site. ~_~

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#24412 GaveUpTomorrow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1766 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

GaveUpTomorrow

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:07 PM

Well one of my worst fears came true today. The Gamestop location near me took down their Vita display, and tossed out all of the Vita cases. The cases for all their "new" Vita games were thrown away too. I was there a few weeks ago to buy a different Vita game. There were plenty of complete Vita games, I was considering for the eventual buy 2 get 1 deal on Black Friday.  :wall:

Thank god I just picked up a couple dozen used games in the past week after getting elite pro + the bonus 10% off for pro-days.  Also had some coupons saved up so used those too.  I knew this day would come soon, so glad that I grabbed the games when I did.  I snagged so many decently hard to find games within a 20 minute radius of my house with complete cases.

#24413 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6553 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:24 PM

hey the fidget spinners need their own endcap space too

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#24414 CommanderShiro   Teal Mecha CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

CommanderShiro

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:37 PM

Thank god I just picked up a couple dozen used games in the past week after getting elite pro + the bonus 10% off for pro-days.  Also had some coupons saved up so used those too.  I knew this day would come soon, so glad that I grabbed the games when I did.  I snagged so many decently hard to find games within a 20 minute radius of my house with complete cases.

Good thing you bought what you wanted when you did. I've been buying quite a few Vita games in recent weeks from Gamestop as well. But I held off buying the more pricier ones, because of the eventual Black Friday deal. 

hey the fidget spinners need their own endcap space too

Ugh. Merchandise shelf was exactly the thing that replaced the Vita section. 

#24415 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10869 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:41 PM

Unfortunately it was only a matter of time.  I had held out brief hope that with Gamestop getting back into the classic game market they may forgo this horrible practice.  But nope.... :wall:

#24416 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5649 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:59 AM

Yeah, my GS took the Vita games down awhile ago, but they still have them in store. You just have to ask, and then they will give you a print out, and you can ask what's complete, and what's not. I said  Fuck that, as I only buy now from stores that have them on display.

Most stores in town still have them on display, as they take up very little space, and are mostly on end caps. So to be throwing out cases, or not even displaying such a small amount of games, makes me lose the last bit of respect I had for GS(not really, that was gone long ago). LOL

#24417 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3378 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:20 AM

Yeah, my GS took the Vita games down awhile ago, but they still have them in store. You just have to ask, and then they will give you a print out, and you can ask what's complete, and what's not. I said  Fuck that, as I only buy now from stores that have them on display.

Most stores in town still have them on display, as they take up very little space, and are mostly on end caps. So to be throwing out cases, or not even displaying such a small amount of games, makes me lose the last bit of respect I had for GS(not really, that was gone long ago). LOL

Seems to be the same with Wii U games in my area.  You have to ask what they have in stock as they don't display them anymore or you have to look them up online for in store stock.

#24418 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5649 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:34 AM

Seems to be the same with Wii U games in my area.  You have to ask what they have in stock as they don't display them anymore or you have to look them up online for in store stock.

Hell, most stores around me still have a shit ton of Wii titles on shelves. So I haven't seen Wii U pulled yet, but not surprising it has begun.

#24419 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10405 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:28 AM

I don't see why stores would pull out the Wii U when they still sell Wii games. Honestly, all the Gamestops in my area just combine Wii U/Wii together. 

#24420 Zantra2  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:53 AM

I'm just glad that digital games are still a thing, digital games and Amazon. If it wasn't for them I would own zero VITA games.