* * * * - 42 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#24931 Tweeg  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

The Bit.TRIP Soundtrack Bundle + Game sold out in just under two minutes!

As of present moment. All Single soundtrack CD offerings for the game on sale today and CD + game bundles for Round 1 of the sale are sold out.  A very limited, numbered, quantity of the complete 3 CD Bundle set and The Bit.TRIP: Runner 2 Soundtrack CD remain. The game itself is down to 18% inventory remaining for Round 1 of this sale.

#24932 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2166 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

Not surprising at all that they'd sell out quickly of the soundtrack versions as they only are offering 100 of them and likely only 50 for the am slot as they probably have to pull 10 copies (10%) for potential replacements.    Overall production numbers are down as well from past launches, so I think they'll sell out of this weeks games just fine.

As for the vita numbers, there are 2300 copies of The Bit.Trip.  10% (230) would be pulled for replacements and trade shows.  100 are pulled for the sound track bundles.  I'd imagine 100 are pulled for sending to the stores.  So 1850 available for sale with probably 1000 copies in the AM slot.  Currently there are 189 copies of the vita version left in the AM batch.

I'm surprised there was zero hype at all (not a single comment in the LRG thread today) for this sale.  Hopefully they sell out so future game releases aren't put in jeopardy.   I still want that updated version of Dragon Fantasy 1.

#24933 spoderman  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

I'm surprised there was zero hype at all (not a single comment in the LRG thread today) for this sale.  Hopefully they sell out so future game releases aren't put in jeopardy.   I still want that updated version of Dragon Fantasy 1.

This may sound crazy to some of you guys, but I would rather that games don't sell out if there's not enough interest. It's not healthy for the game industry for shitty games to always be selling out, and all this does it encourage lower quality releases. Not saying that Bit Trip or Screencheat suck.. I actually really liked Screencheat when I played it on Steam, but I believe genuine interest should be what determines future releases, not artificial demand from resellers or collectors that buy everything even if it's crap.

#24934 Tweeg  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:28 PM

This may sound crazy to some of you guys, but I would rather that games don't sell out if there's not enough interest. It's not healthy for the game industry for shitty games to always be selling out, and all this does it encourage lower quality releases. Not saying that Bit Trip or Screencheat suck.. I actually really liked Screencheat when I played it on Steam, but I believe genuine interest should be what determines future releases, not artificial demand from resellers or collectors that buy everything even if it's crap.

My only issue with this particular title, or technically collection, was that it has had physical releases before on other platforms in recent years from other publishers. Mind this was a developer, Choice Provisions, that LRG signed on to publish games for as a package deal. So it is very likely there was no way they were going to get to publish the other games unless they agreed to also republish this one. Mind I'm not complaining, I actually have never owned or played Bit.Trip before on any platform, and have held off playing the sequel "Runner 2", which LRG published last year in anticipation of awaiting the original to be published. I just don't think anyone had a clue it would take another full year to get the original out. Since these games were signed, LRG did announce not long, thinking it was in March or April, that they would no longer pursue license & publishing of significantly retro-style games as there was quite a lot of blowback on them early last year from a good sized chunk of their customer base for having so many highly anticipated games announced but then springing surprise 8-bit and 16-bit retro-stylized platformer titles out for release with little to no news on the highly anticipated titles. This is the original announcement image released by LRG when they signed to publish Choice Provision titles, the image showing all of the specific titles that Choice Provisions licensed to them for physical release. The only title remaining now of these for LRG to yet publish is "Tharsis" for the PS4. Rumor presently is that they have also since signed to publish Bit.Trip 3, but that has not been officially confirmed.

choice_provisions.jpg

#24935 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6979 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:39 PM

you should post more in the LRG thread

#24936 psihog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   295 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:36 PM

NISA seems to have few more copies of The Rose in the Twilight Limited Ed.

https://store.nisame...limited-edition

#24937 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:47 PM

NISA seems to have few more copies of The Rose in the Twilight Limited Ed.

https://store.nisame...limited-edition

i'm too late again dammit. :(

#24938 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

Did anyone else get a delivery date confirmation email for pre-ordering Velocity from Amazon? Maybe March 6th will be the actual delivery date...

#24939 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20801 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:43 AM

Sitting here waiting patiently for next Friday with LRG. :o

Although, I am also waiting for a nice Vita package on Monday too. ^__^!

#24940 Alexpguy  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

Is there any difference between The Bit.Trip on LRG versus the Bit.Trip Saga on 3ds?

#24941 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   827 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

I'm guessing better resolution and the lack of (minor) 3D. Though I was playing the 3DS version yesterday, and the scrolling, even with the 3D off, was pretty blurry. Everything else was sharp.

#24942 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2166 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

It only sounds crazy in the sense that I want LRG to survive so that I have a better shot of getting a few more physical releases of games I actually want to own.

As far as Friday's games, there are very few of each game left (under 20 copies each), which IMO is perfect.  It sucks the company had to lower production numbers and head backwards in growth, but if you were interested in either game then it was super easy for the actual customer experience.   I think the retreat of the flippers/speculators and those giving up on a full set are helping get demand back in check.

It would be ideal if they could gauge production off of actual interest, but I don't think there is a practical way to do that with how small the runs tend to be.  Especially when a super small run will attract more flippers regardless of the game being published.

#24943 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:39 PM

These games were intended to sell out in a few weeks to begin with.

However, selling out n the 1st day set up an ugly precedent

#24944 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36523 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:50 PM

Is there any difference between The Bit.Trip on LRG versus the Bit.Trip Saga on 3ds?

Tropheez. :joystick:

#24945 Work'in de Signs  

Work'in de Signs

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:59 PM

Super Robot Wars V for Vita

PlayAsia Flash Sale $50.39

I just ordered and now it's on backorder, seems like a really good price.

use code MYPSVITA for $3 off and it came to $53.29 with economy shipping

https://sea.play-asi...-subs/13/70a98h

#24946 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20801 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:29 AM

This has been a good year so far. :3

VVKYff7.jpg

nypc4dX.jpg

#24947 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3297 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:01 AM

That Vita is gorgeous. Where did you get it?

#24948 Tothoro  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:31 AM

This has been a good year so far. :3

I'll forever be sad that we're never getting that Konosuba game in English. :cry:

#24949 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20801 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:42 AM

It was a trade from another forum.

He was hesitant on letting it go, but I'm glad he decided to in the end.

My first design Vita. :3

I'll forever be sad that we're never getting that Konosuba game in English. :cry:

Agreed.

Those heartless monsters. T___T

#24950 jr8rulz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   622 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:36 PM

if you guys would be interested, i could link to a discord channel that, while mainly focused on just game collecting, has a lot of vita love and even a few of the folks from here are already there too.  

https://discord.gg/ezMb6Vu

#24951 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11307 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:24 AM

99 Vidas is going on sale this weekend at Strictly Limited Games.  Looks like the Vita version will be limited to 1000 copies (plus there will be additional copies of a CE).  I'll be passing as I've stopped collecting non R1 games (besides the Play-Asia CEs) however some of you may be interested.

https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/

#24952 Squeegor 2  

Squeegor 2

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:13 AM

As much as I love the Vita, I really dislike the laziness involved with the different colors and special editions. The SEs tend to just have a custom back touch panel, which you will never see while in use. And the colors (on the 2000 model anyway) tend to only color the front and back of the body while lazily leaving the screen, camera, and thumb-sticks black or white. Sometimes only the back is a different color. It's obviously cheaper to go about it that way, so I get the business end of why they'd do that.. but it ends up leaving the variations feeling half-assed.

99 Vidas is going on sale this weekend at Strictly Limited Games.  Looks like the Vita version will be limited to 1000 copies (plus there will be additional copies of a CE).  I'll be passing as I've stopped collecting non R1 games (besides the Play-Asia CEs) however some of you may be interested.

https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/

It feels like such a relief to see all these releases from LRG, PA, SE, SL, etc coming and going and not buying a single thing. So much money that could have been lost but is now saved.

#24953 Tweeg  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

#24954 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20801 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:52 PM

As much as I love the Vita, I really dislike the laziness involved with the different colors and special editions. The SEs tend to just have a custom back touch panel, which you will never see while in use. And the colors (on the 2000 model anyway) tend to only color the front and back of the body while lazily leaving the screen, camera, and thumb-sticks black or white. Sometimes only the back is a different color. It's obviously cheaper to go about it that way, so I get the business end of why they'd do that.. but it ends up leaving the variations feeling half-assed.

Part of the reason why it's on the back is for others to enjoy, and envy you, and not just for you to enjoy it yourself. ;D

#24955 Alexpguy  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:13 AM

Pleased as punch a GS about 15 minutes away had a "new" copy of Sega Hard Girls on clearance for $15.97. After a $15 off cert (I have 100k points) it only cost $1.05.

#24956 Tweeg  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:21 PM

Both the Vita and PS4 soundtrack bundles of "Croixleur Sigma" and the PS4 version of "Sky Force: Anniversary" were sold out in under two minutes!

The Vita version of "Sky Force: Anniversary" sold out in under three minutes!

Round two of this LRG sale is going to be brutal for anyone after Sky Force: Anniversary considering how fast Round 1 inventory sold.

I hate to think what shipping to the U.S.A. will cost on this, but that Genesis/Mega Drive style art box, wow!

#24957 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6271 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

I hate to think what shipping to the U.S.A. will cost on this, but that Genesis/Mega Drive style art box, wow!

I was coming to post this, as I don't know what to think on the extra cost for the faux cart and art booklet. As stated, what will the shipping be for this? I may just grab the standard, but I'm a sucker for a good beat em up as well.

EDIT: This goes live tomorrow at 3pm PST if my info is correct, so set your alarms guys/gals, as I'm sure some of this stuff may go quick.

#24958 Tweeg  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

I was coming to post this, as I don't know what to think on the extra cost for the faux cart and art booklet. As stated, what will the shipping be for this? I may just grab the standard, but I'm a sucker for a good beat em up as well.

EDIT: This goes live tomorrow at 3pm PST if my info is correct, so set your alarms guys/gals, as I'm sure some of this stuff may go quick.

Already had presence of mind to inquire with SLG about shipping to the U.S.A. earlier and they just replied! I'm understanding that the CE version of the game without packaging weighs .5kg, so anticipate 9.99euros for international shipping on the CE

#24959 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36523 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

Already had presence of mind to inquire with SLG about shipping to the U.S.A. earlier and they just replied! I'm understanding that the CE version of the game without packaging weighs .5kg, so anticipate 9.99euros for international shipping on the CE

tenor.gif

#24960 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6271 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

Damn, so about $65-$70 total on the CE? That's a pretty hard pill to swallow, no doubt. I'm gonna have to think this one over pretty good, as that is for sure over my budget.