* * * * - 43 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#25951 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2624 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:49 PM

The free game from LRG seems like a great idea, with (potentially) some not-so-great execution; A fitting finale for the Vita.

#25952 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6385 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:56 PM

I would assume that you would have to buy it through LRG unless they have stated that owning it is enough. Otherwise it seems really hard to verify and easy for people to cheat

As stated, they already said sources won't matter, just the proof which I would guess would be pictures. As that is easy enough to verify, as you just need to post your name someplace within the pics to show they are yours. Can people try to cheat? Sure, so no telling how that may play out in the end.

I've stated here many times how I only missed one title, and I'm sure both Josh and Doug have seen that, but I'm sure I can post adequate pics as well when the time comes.

#25953 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5754 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:02 PM

Watch the free exclusive game be My Name is Mayo. Now that would be going out with a bang.

#25954 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6385 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:16 PM

Watch the free exclusive game be My Name is Mayo. Now that would be going out with a bang.

LOL, yeah, that would be a good one. I would guess it will be a modded/special version of B&C or SMRPG, since those are both games they own and can change in some way to make them unique. But I would prefer a new unique offering, but free is free, beggars can't be choosers. LOL

#25955 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7101 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:44 PM

I don't think people ought to get their hopes up for the exclusive Vita free game for a LRG complete collection.  It's not going to be something they could have sold thousands of copies. 

#25956 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11091 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:59 AM

I do, but I had to get New n Tasty from Ebay. So I guess LRG wouldn't see me as eligible for the free game.

you are eligible as long as you have everything according to LRG

#25957 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11091 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:15 AM

Here is my Vita collection. It is not as cool as Squarehard's. There are also some JPN PS3 Imports and Soundtracks as well.
RMTcSLu.jpg
zXP39Dz.jpg

For continuity, here is my 2015 picture.
DGwwZEfVwAA7DdK.jpg

#25958 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19859 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:59 AM

Does anyone here even have the as of now complete LRG Vita set? 

I do.  I also have a complete PS4 set minus 1 game.

#25959 Squeegor 2  

Squeegor 2

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:00 AM

If you backed Bloodstained and hoped to get a physical Vita copy of the game, seems you might be out of luck.

https://www.destruct...ta-507906.phtml

Thanks, Sony..  :-k

#25960 Tweeg  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:18 AM

Don't read to much into that. The word is that the physical copies will still be produced for KS backers, but that 505 Games may be backing out of producing extra copies for "retail" since retail is now effectively just Amazon.com, GameStop, and VGPlus.

#25961 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2624 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:27 AM

Here is my Vita collection.

The Mystery of the Disappearing Senran Kagura Box.

#25962 Squeegor 2  

Squeegor 2

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:43 AM

Don't read to much into that. The word is that the physical copies will still be produced for KS backers, but that 505 Games may be backing out of producing extra copies for "retail" since retail is now effectively just Amazon.com, GameStop, and VGPlus.

That would be great as it's the only reason I put down the $60 way back. Sucks for anyone else that decides later on they want a copy as the second-hand prices may become unreasonable as a result of this.

#25963 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11091 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:45 AM

The Mystery of the Disappearing Senran Kagura Box.

It's with my shelf of CE boxes. :lol:

#25964 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2624 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:02 AM

It's with my shelf of CE boxes. :lol:

2c725f.jpg

#25965 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11091 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:47 AM

south-park-s10e09c02-raging-clues-4x3.jp

#25966 MikeKeese  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:16 AM

Seems like an idea that’s going to be implemented very poorly for the final release. I also realized the other day i almost finally have enough tickets for a free game.

Still like seeing people’s collections. Currently I’m just delaying the inevitable of buying Tokyo Xanadu to complete the currently released games, outside of what’s in order from lrg

#25967 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5060 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:42 AM

If you backed Bloodstained and hoped to get a physical Vita copy of the game, seems you might be out of luck.

https://www.destruct...ta-507906.phtml

Thanks, Sony..  :-k

Eh, I would be disappointed if they hadn't confirmed a Switch release. I swapped my Vita pledge to a Switch copy the moment they did.

#25968 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6385 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:36 AM

That would be great as it's the only reason I put down the $60 way back. Sucks for anyone else that decides later on they want a copy as the second-hand prices may become unreasonable as a result of this.

Yeah, same for me, but if the Vita physical doesn't happen, I'll be happy to move my order over to the NS(so long as that gets physical of course). As of now, I just have to hope it happens and leave the worry to others. Since this was first announced, I was worried going in for the Vita, as I figured it may not show up before cart production may have stopped. And now, that is a real worry, and no longer an issue that may happen, but will(in March of 2019).

#25969 Milera  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

Does this apply to slacker backers as well?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#25970 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3756 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:03 PM

The two Muv-Luv on Amazon went back up to $49.99 ea. I guess the temporary $39.99 price was their version of a non-prime pre-order discount.

#25971 bruceg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1520 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:24 PM

I do.  I also have a complete PS4 set minus 1 game.

I wouldn't want a complete set of any collection with all the inevitable turds that get released.

#25972 anbu-black-ops   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

anbu-black-ops

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:36 PM

Anybody have a free coupon on videogameplus website? I was about to order a Tales of hearts R but was 0.01 cent short of free shipping.  lol.   Thx.  New ps vita owner here, trying to build my very small collection.

#25973 redraid8   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:14 PM

Does anyone want my digital codes for Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative? They're ESRB and the backer kit version (I don't think it makes a difference). I don't need these plus the physical. $25 each, shoot me a pm.

#25974 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2201 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

Didn't realize Muv-Luv/ Muv-Luv Alternative digital codes were available.  The last update said they'd mail them out and I have yet to get the email.  I went to the old backerkit link for the previous update and once I recovered my account it showed the codes.   So everyone that was expecting ESRB codes, go back through backerkit and they should be there already for the Vita versions.

I may sell mine as well... though it's more that I'm not sure I even am as interested in the VN genre anymore and am kind of losing interest in gaming.  Probably wouldn't expect to get more than $30 for the pair.

#25975 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3756 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:27 AM

Muv-Luv and Alternative on Amazon now have Prime pre-order discounts. They were probably waiting for BB to offer the games.

#25976 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11377 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:41 PM

Bullmoose.com currently has a preorder listing for Muv-Luv Alternative for $37.97.

http://www.bullmoose...luv-alternative

A word of warning though, the only experience I had with ordering a fairly niche game preorder from them was Darkest Dungeon when they had the Switch version for $28.97, and it took an extra week or so to get the game to me.  Though it did come eventually.

#25977 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   596 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:15 PM

So what’s the big deal about Muv-luv games? I know they’re VN games, but I was just curious since it sounds like a rare game set of games?

#25978 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8732 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:31 PM

Pretty much most of the Vita stuff being published physically in NA territories now is likely going to possibly be uncommon down the line or rare or such. These 2 are highly regarded games, and the Vita port has been a long time coming. I still haven't gone through them myself, but that will change when I get my Kickstarter copies. 

#25979 elessar123  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:51 PM

So what’s the big deal about Muv-luv games? I know they’re VN games, but I was just curious since it sounds like a rare game set of games?

They've been one of the best rated VNs since they were released, and still tops most charts. I also haven't played them yet though, but I don't play that many VNs.

#25980 Tweeg  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:26 PM

It generated a crazy amount of money in the KS campaign. In Japan the VNs are highly rated and won awards. There's a rather high amount of hype right now because, while PQube is the signed publisher, it was made clear to them by the rights holder/developer IXTL/age that the production run of this game is set for a fixed amount for each region (R1 & R2) and that only the remainder copies that were not pledged for would be provided to PQube for sale to the general public. So right now there's some rather heavy speculation as to why here in R1 GameStop, Amazon, and Best Buy have all chosen to claim on their websites that the game isn't being released until June 26th, as the game did release and shipped out on time for it's official June 12th release from PQube and VGPlus. So there is speculation that PQube may have oversold inventory to these retailers and the reason why all three have un-officially bumped the release date up to the 26th is because they are having to resolve quantity availability with PQube. Meaning there could well be cancelled orders for some people by the end of next week. As of this time, VGPlus has already sold out of their inventory of the Muv-Luv games.