* * * * - 43 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#26041 Tothoro  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:25 PM

Given how touch heavy the game is, I don't think there's too many port options for Severed so a Vita release makes sense. The Switch (in handheld mode) seems like a likely destination for a port of this game though. 

The last 6-7 orders I placed with GS have all been game only... I don't think I've gotten a case with a GS game in years when ordering online. 

Same here. Since I care about cases and such I only buy from GS in-store now. Tweeg seems to have historically good results, though, so fingers crossed for him.

#26042 Tweeg  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:08 PM

Same here. Since I care about cases and such I only buy from GS in-store now. Tweeg seems to have historically good results, though, so fingers crossed for him.

Good news! Package (bubble envelope) just arrived! Details:

2x Dungeon Hunter Alliance- Both in GS generic replacement cases.
Lego: Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Original Case
Lego: Ninjago: Nindroids - Original Case with ad insert.
2x PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Both in original cases, and one even still has the online mode activation code insert.
Spy Hunter - GS generic replacement case

Also, not so much a deal as confirmation that this game is really becoming hard to find. Aksys selling off the last of their copies at Anime Expo.:

#26043 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7280 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:52 PM

I remember when I got my first Period Cube. 

#26044 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5063 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:58 PM

They grow up so fast.

#26045 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6220 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:39 AM

That Severed CE is awesome.  Good to see Play-Asia putting out more quality releases at an affordable price.

good thing LRG didnt pick this up or they wouldve charge $24.99 + $5.50 shipping = $30.50. PA for $32 shipped with soundtrack CD plus a box .... after coupon = great deal

#26046 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5771 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:00 AM

I know this thread is mostly about late release and limited edition carts, but I was wondering if anyone can suggest any Vita games that are currently on sale during the PSN Mid-Year Sale that are PSTV compatible. The only reason that I wanted to ask the question here is that most PSTV compatibility lists that I've found using Google haven't been updated in years, and there might be games that were more recently released that will work on the PSTV. I assume you guys play these games every now and then?

#26047 Zilvik   CAG in Training CAG in Training   30 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:40 AM

I know this thread is mostly about late release and limited edition carts, but I was wondering if anyone can suggest any Vita games that are currently on sale during the PSN Mid-Year Sale that are PSTV compatible. The only reason that I wanted to ask the question here is that most PSTV compatibility lists that I've found using Google haven't been updated in years, and there might be games that were more recently released that will work on the PSTV. I assume you guys play these games every now and then?

This list is fairly up to date: http://www.reviews2g...-north-america/

#26048 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5771 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2018 - 02:11 AM

This list is fairly up to date: http://www.reviews2g...-north-america/

Thanks, buddy!  I really appreciate it!

One of these days when I hit the lotto or after I get hit by a cement truck and the settlement rolls in, I plan to buy up a bunch of LRG releases just so I can post here more often. ;)

#26049 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2954 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 07 July 2018 - 02:24 PM

This thread is about any and all things Vita. The conversation usually just happens to be about the same couple of things. (There was actually a big stink about this some time ago, because some people didn't seem to notice the "& Discussion" part of the title.)

#26050 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5771 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2018 - 02:34 PM

This thread is about any and all things Vita. The conversation usually just happens to be about the same couple of things. (There was actually a big stink about this some time ago, because some people didn't seem to notice the "& Discussion" part of the title.)

Just a little self-deprecating humor about how I'm too poor to afford most physical late releases for the Vita. I like the PSN sales when they come around, but since the PSTV is the bastard child of the PlayStation family, it's hard to know if there are any good games from the current sale that will actually work on it. If there are any recommendations that are cross-buy with PS4, that would be even better. I just wish PSN worked like Google Play where if the game isn't compatible or just sucks, you can request a refund and get the money back on your account within seconds. I wouldn't have to ask these kinds of questions if that was the case.

#26051 Jurai  

Posted 07 July 2018 - 02:40 PM

Good news! Package (bubble envelope) just arrived! Details:

2x Dungeon Hunter Alliance- Both in GS generic replacement cases.
Lego: Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Original Case
Lego: Ninjago: Nindroids - Original Case with ad insert.
2x PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Both in original cases, and one even still has the online mode activation code insert.
Spy Hunter - GS generic replacement case

Also, not so much a deal as confirmation that this game is really becoming hard to find. Aksys selling off the last of their copies at Anime Expo.:

There's a new copy of Period Cube available at a local GS, if someone really wants it at retail price lmk, I'm assuming it's 'gamestop new' though

#26052 Miker525  

Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:45 AM

Anyone know what the minimum required fw for Muv Luv is? Wanna order them physically but just want to make sure I'll be able to play them without having to update out of my modded system

#26053 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   611 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:48 PM

Speaking of muv-luv, wasn’t there some promo if you bought both games and showed the publisher a receipt, you would get a pin set or something? I couldn’t find any info, I’m assuming I missed the window. I’ve got both copies on their way to me now.

#26054 JimmyJim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

Speaking of muv-luv, wasn’t there some promo if you bought both games and showed the publisher a receipt, you would get a pin set or something? I couldn’t find any info, I’m assuming I missed the window. I’ve got both copies on their way to me now.

I think you're thinking about this

#26055 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   397 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:59 PM

I think you're thinking about this

Ooh, thanks. I had forgotten about that promo.

It looks like Amazon Prime / GCU discounts are okay:

I did preorder before the promo date window, and at least one game shipped before the promo started (to arrive on release day, I guess), so hopefully they're not sticklers.

#26056 Tothoro  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:13 AM

I sent my stuff in a little over a week ago for the Summer of Mystery promotion, but they haven't responded or acknowledged my email. Dunno exactly what's going on, but several others have had the same experience.

#26057 Tweeg  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:36 AM

I sent my stuff in a little over a week ago for the Summer of Mystery promotion, but they haven't responded or acknowledged my email. Dunno exactly what's going on, but several others have had the same experience.

Same here, submitted the required stuff the Friday that Ashen Hawk launched and likewise haven't had any response concerning my submission.

#26058 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:44 AM

Emailed them my stuff last week and got a response back a couple days later. All my games were preorders from Best Buy using GCU. They said that is fine and they will be getting in touch soon.

#26059 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5884 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:32 AM

Aksys responded on Twitter the other day that they will be sending out the confirmations for the promo after Anime Expo (i.e. sometime after today).  

#26060 Tweeg  

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:50 AM

Good news! Packages (all bubble envelopes) arrived containing the remaining 5 Vita games from the GameSlop order. Details:

2x One Piece: Unlimited World Red - Both in GS generic replacement cases.
Tearaway - Broken GS generic replacement case
XBlaze Code: Embryo - Broken GS generic replacement case
XBlaze Lost: Memories - Original Case with ad insert.

So to recap, out of a dozen (12) used Vita games ordered during the sale, all twelve arrived in cases! Of those, five games arrived in their original cases and the remaining seven were in generic black replacement cases. And out of the twelve, only two cases, both of which were the generic GS black replacements cases, arrived physically broken.

#26061 Alexpguy  

Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:03 AM

Good news! Packages (all bubble envelopes) arrived containing the remaining 5 Vita games from the GameSlop order. Details:
2x One Piece: Unlimited World Red - Both in GS generic replacement cases.
Tearaway - Broken GS generic replacement case
XBlaze Code: Embryo - Broken GS generic replacement case
XBlaze Lost: Memories - Original Case with ad insert.

So to recap, out of a dozen (12) used Vita games ordered during the sale, all twelve arrived in cases! Of those, five games arrived in their original cases and the remaining seven were in generic black replacement cases. And out of the twelve, only two cases, both of which were the generic GS black replacements cases, arrived physically broken.

Falls in line with my experience of a ~40% chance of getting CIB game.

#26062 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3368 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:33 PM

Got my Muv Luvs from Best Buy yesterday. Does it matter which one I play first?

#26063 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8817 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:52 PM

Got my Muv Luvs from Best Buy yesterday. Does it matter which one I play first?

Yes. Direct sequel and I believe Alternative is the sequel.

#26064 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11491 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:01 PM

Got an email recently that the Kickstarter physical rewards are starting to be sent out for Muv Luv.  I'm guessing this includes the Vita games though they weren't mentioned specifically in the email.

#26065 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11234 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:25 PM

They wouldn't ship them out separately. It was voted by the backers to send everything at once.

#26066 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2276 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:50 PM

Got an email recently that the Kickstarter physical rewards are starting to be sent out for Muv Luv.  I'm guessing this includes the Vita games though they weren't mentioned specifically in the email.

Yep, same here.  Thanks for noting this as I have my kickstarter emails auto deposited to a separate folder outside of my inbox.  The link said they will ship 100 to 150 packages out a day until everything is shipped.

Crunching the numbers the kickstarter had 4766 purchases with physical items.  This doesn't count addons from those that pledged $1 for the backerkit access or those that added on.  Let's round up to 5000 total packages... and 150 per day... 5 days a week... rounding up... looks like it'll be around 7 weeks to ship at best everything out... I'd estimate 10 weeks though just to cover the physical backerkit additions.

100 to 150 per day is pretty weak sauce.  I hope they start with the game only purchases.. or they get more efficient.

#26067 Zilvik   CAG in Training CAG in Training   30 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:44 PM

Play-Asia has Gundam Breaker 3: Break Edition back in stock.

https://sea.play-asi...-subs/13/70b3uv

#26068 masksacrafice  

masksacrafice

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:46 PM

Play-Asia has Gundam Breaker 3: Break Edition back in stock.

https://sea.play-asi...-subs/13/70b3uv

Thank you! I was just looking for this in vita form, but couldnt find it, so I thought it honestly never existed and ended up buying the ps4 version. Time to double dip!

#26069 idogames  

idogames

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:06 PM

At this point, I kind of wish I got some of the other offerings from the Muv Luv kickstarter, some of the pics of the goodies I've seen look really nice.

I only backed the physical Vita release, which I still have yet to receive and could have had a long time ago if I bought it from an online retailer instead. But yeah, additional goodies would have made it worth the wait. Instead, I paid way early to be the last in line.
That being said, it was probably cheaper to be a KS backer, I also got a digital copy that I've been playing. So I can't really complain. I've been seeing a lot of pics on twitter lately. Really cool to see people finally get their Muv Luv.

Anyone know what the minimum required fw for Muv Luv is? Wanna order them physically but just want to make sure I'll be able to play them without having to update out of my modded system

I think 3.68
But I'm assuming you already know about the hacks that exist for current firmware?

#26070 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8817 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:45 PM

I'm not really sure what I'll do with my Vita Kickstarter copies (didn't get the fancy CE). I'm very likely playing on Steam with 18+ patches applied.