* * * * - 43 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#27121 bigstew  

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:38 PM

I know this thread is mostly about limited edition physical Vita games, but can anyone please provide their impressions of the digital only game Let's Fish?  I'm interested in buying it during the current flash sale.  The only thing that I know is that it's made by SIMS, the same developer that ported Sega Bass Fishing over to the Wii.  Thank you in advance for any information that you can provide.

u mean lets fish get hooked on? well at that price its worth it, difficult fishing game but with little of those out there, will help get the vita turned on, i think i bought mine when it was 5$

#27122 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6537 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:48 PM

u mean lets fish get hooked on? well at that price its worth it, difficult fishing game but with little of those out there, will help get the vita turned on, i think i bought mine when it was 5$

Thanks, buddy. I like arcade fishing games like Sega Bass Fishing. I was hoping it was a lot like that one. I don't like the realistic ones like Rapala as much.

#27123 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2576 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:45 PM

95% blame on Sony. Then the Dev, LRG has no blame.
Sony is the one putting the restrictions on the Vita card manufacturing.

From what I have read, may be wrong or has changed, but Sony requires the game to be in Sony's hands before the cutoff date for card manufacturing. If the game will be a week late, Sony can't hold the cards because they have a set in stone cutoff date. And it's not like Sony told everyone about this cutoff date 5 years ago either. 

They very likely knew a few months ago that they would not be able to have the Vita version finished in time for a physical release through LRG, and rather than admitting "hey, it's not going to happen, let's cancel that versions physical release", they effectively let everyone find out this week.

They could have 100% knew months ago they couldn't make it, and guess what.... maybe they TRIED to speed things up.... and failed, finally giving up and letting it go this week.

But.... no, 100% dev's fault Sony killed the Vita, stopped production of cards etc. 

I like the Vita, but pretty much all blame lies on Sony for everything that has gone wrong with the Vita, including physical copies of games for the vita. The devs get a little blame, but only a small part. Why invest more time/money in a system that the manufacturer has tried to kill at every turn? Yeah they may have slowed the Vita production of the game in favor of the Switch, and that ultimately made the physical copy of the game impossible now... but I really can't blame them for it. (too much) sure they made the decision, but only because Sony urged them to go elsewhere by limiting their options.

My prediction, at some point someone will buy or make some way for vita cards to be produced again, albeit illegal and unsupported, and Dev's will "unofficially" have games released somehow on them. The Vita is popular despite Sony's attempts to bury it, LRG and others proved it.

Vita can be hacked, SD cards can be used, physical cards will be next. Vita will survive in spite of Sony.

#27124 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:50 PM

Thanks, buddy. I like arcade fishing games like Sega Bass Fishing. I was hoping it was a lot like that one. I don't like the realistic ones like Rapala as much.

It’s a pretty decent fishing game. I enjoyed it... probably should go back to it at some point.

#27125 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2833 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:18 PM

You guys are going to make me fire up my NES to play some Black Bass.

#27126 Tweeg  

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:55 PM

:hot:

#27127 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6988 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:01 PM

Damn, 20? I wonder how long past March games will be offered, as I can't see them cramming that many in by the end of March, but who knows? I was hoping we where down to the last 10 or so, the Vita truly keeps going, and going, and going..........

#27128 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:17 PM

I can't even imagine what additional 20 titles there could be. Unless they're dipping way back in the catalog.

#27129 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:48 PM

Damn, 20? I wonder how long past March games will be offered, as I can't see them cramming that many in by the end of March, but who knows? I was hoping we where down to the last 10 or so, the Vita truly keeps going, and going, and going..........

But are these 20 that “will be” or “hope to be” released? Also how many of them will be truly worth the buy. I gave up on trying to buy all things Vita as a lot of the games anymore are very mediocre at best with a couple of gems.

#27130 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:08 PM

I'm playing Iconoclasts now... waaaaay better than I expected. Would love to see RocketBirds 1 & 2 be part of the 20.

Edit: Actually... Duke Nukem would be my choice for most wanted physical vita release.  It received a limited PS4 release, so I'm hoping it's a possibility!

#27131 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2561 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:21 PM

20 games... one of those is likely the free game for the few that catch them all. Another ~$570 for those on that path. I hope some of those games are with it.

I think once the collectathon is over some people will be dumping their games to eBay. Makes me want to list stuff sooner rather than later in case the market tanks on these things.

#27132 Tweeg  

Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:11 PM

But are these 20 that “will be” or “hope to be” released? Also how many of them will be truly worth the buy. I gave up on trying to buy all things Vita as a lot of the games anymore are very mediocre at best with a couple of gems.

You guys should read this Tweet and it's replies.

#27133 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9212 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:17 PM

I really hope one of those Vita releases is Sharin no Kuni. That one looks like it might just be physical for the Kickstarter though.

#27134 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2561 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:32 AM

If anyone didn't know, the last day for publishers to order production is February 15th. Just under 4 weeks at this point. Sony wants all production wrapped up in March for NA and EU on their end so that should mean produced and shipped out. I'd imagine LRG will continue to trickle games out and some of these print runs may be the smallest and most hard to get of them all given the rush during the last sale.

Here's the original article: https://kotaku.com/s...ames-1826060406

#27135 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3809 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:26 AM

You guys should read this Tweet and it's replies.

I tried, but they already sold out. 

#27136 nagpo  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:16 PM

They should bring over the Chaos Rings collection. The asia version doesn't have 3 subbed.

#27137 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3519 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:54 PM

New Kickstarter incoming for the PS Vita: Years Two & Three book. Campaign starts 1/30.

I grabbed the Year One book (it's really more like a small magazine). Here's a link to the old campaign: https://www.kickstar...unofficial-book

image-392686-original.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0

#27138 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   755 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:23 AM

Moe Chronicle is getting remade on Switch. It's doing the same thing as Neptunia Rebirth being a sub directory of the original game site. 

#27139 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:23 AM

Death Mark is $19.99 at GameStop.
https://m.gamestop.c...ath-mark/167130

Amazon price matched GameStop.
https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

I really wish I would have waited on buying this, but I got scared that it would have a small print run and bought it on release day. At least the people that waited can get a good deal.

#27140 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3352 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:20 PM

I really wish I would have waited on buying this, but I got scared that it would have a small print run and bought it on release day. At least the people that waited can get a good deal.

Amazon price matched so I picked it up on amazon.

#27141 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9212 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:44 PM

Man $19.99 and no chance of starting it anytime soon. Also bought it on release, but this one crashed and burned in price for sure.

#27142 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4870 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:50 PM

I grabbed it on Switch back at release. I'm still trying to finish the Corpse Party series for my night-time, pre-bed, portable horror relaxation ritual (lol); so I haven't been able to start up Death Mark yet. I've been super interested in it since it was first announced for Japan, though. It just looks like a really interesting horror experience. 

#27143 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1033 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

Amazon price matched GameStop.
https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Nice, thanks for the heads up. just in time since it's still within my return window at best buy, so hoping to pm this before price goes back up

#27144 shadowassailantx   Trophy Hunter CAGiversary!   128 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

shadowassailantx

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:39 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they just took the listing down to correct the picture (since it originally showed The Lost Child).  They do that with some of their steelbooks sometimes, when the exclusive art comes in.

Looks like you were right. The listing is back up. Ordered

#27145 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9212 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:10 PM

Looks like you were right. The listing is back up. Ordered

Cool ordering it!

#27146 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12217 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:29 PM

Code Realize: Wintertide Miracles is finally up for preorder at Best Buy (both standard and LE):

https://www.bestbuy....s=960&keys=keys

If you don't have GCU the Aksys store is offering a 10% off discount on the game with free shipping (for a limited time, which is much better than Amazon):

https://store.aksysg...n=UA-5744856-15

#27147 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2321 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:12 PM

If you still have GCU, is bestbuy the cheapest place to get these last few vita games or do you think they will drop further in price eventually?

#27148 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19954 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

If you still have GCU, is bestbuy the cheapest place to get these last few vita games or do you think they will drop further in price eventually?

Seeing how Vita cart production is ending in a few week why would you wait?

#27149 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9212 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:27 PM

I wouldn't take chances on these last Vita games. You may get lucky with drops but places are barely carrying them. I'm surprised Best Buy is even offering them since Vita has no store presence anymore. Changing over my Wintertide order today. I have GCU till early April...

#27150 willster98   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

willster98

Posted 27 January 2019 - 03:22 PM

I love my Vita, but the recent games have annoyed me. Nothing but anime which I don't care for. Honestly, even though I own hundreds of vita games, I am glad I have h-encore installed on mine now. Totally worth it.