* * * * - 43 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#27301 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:55 PM

I'm actually debating what to pick up for extras right now.  Going to pick up a spare 1000 and 2000 model, but is the God Eater Fenrir model worth an extra $30-40?  :-k

#27302 Tora Chan   Making gainz and taking names CAGiversary!   638 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:31 PM

Do you think there are gaming shops in Japan that would carry the Vita systems? If you're interested in gaming/Vita things in general, you probably should visit Japan sometime as well. You might be able to just walk into a shop and see a selection of Vita systems for at least a short period

#27303 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6939 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:40 PM

Still waiting for Play-Asia to decide if they're going to be able to fulfill my Metallic Red Vita 2000 from the Lunar New Year sale. Unfortunately, I also bought the Hori Remote Play Grip in the same order (which is now also out of stock). Who knows if I'll get anything at this point. *sigh*

Sadly, knowing PA as I do, I would say at this point look elsewhere. Does the remote play grip say it's coming back, or completely sold out? As they don't hold things to complete orders, so all items in an order need to be in stock at the same time to be fulfilled. Unless something has changed in the last year or two.

I stopped combining orders with them years ago for this very reason, as I ordered two items, and by the time the first arrived, the second was sold out, and they told me I was SOL! On top of that, the two items combined gave me free shipping, so once the second item was no longer available, they then wanted to charge me shipping on top of that to ship the first item(for their own poor service). This was about the time I stopped buying things from them except for the exclusive games. Which I always bought alone, as to not have any further issues.

#27304 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3508 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:54 PM

I kinda figured as much. I already have a Vita 2000 and the Hori grip and was just getting backups. Not a huge loss, but still annoying that they sold out (even though they were in stock for several days after my order).

#27305 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   346 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:18 PM

This. Having a digital title might slightly improve the loading times, depending on the title in question. But the primary bottleneck for Remote Play is always the network connection. Even the fastest network connection is slower than the internal components of a closed system like the PS4. And even for games where some of the data has to be read from the disc, this rarely effects the game itself. Modern streaming techniques copy data from the disc to the system's RAM before using it in the game. And this is usually done while the game is running in order to minimize loading delays. Some performance advantages could be gained by going the digital over physical route, but they would have no real impact on Remote Play.

A bit of a bummer, but thanks for the info. My speeds should be good enough, but there is some huge lag at points making things unplayable. Balls.

#27306 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   946 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:21 PM

Sadly, I didn't realize that Amazon.jp has third party sellers only for Vita systems. Few months ago I could've sworn it was Amazon directly. So I noticed that some of those companies are selling BRAND NEW colored Vitas. But these aren't the recent colors. I checked some of the reviews and people complained that the systems were actually used. Has anyone bought from these third party sellers with positive results? I know someone mentioned before that the Japanese tend to underrate their listings but I don't know if that's occurring the majority of the time

#27307 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 11:37 PM

https://gematsu.com/...g-soon-in-japan

The cat(girl)'s out of the bag.

#27308 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1308 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 11:51 PM

Well, I caved and ordered one from a third party seller on Amazon US. Here's hoping it's actually new.

#27309 idogames  

idogames

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:05 AM

The cat(girl)'s out of the bag.

You got me excited there for a minute, thought it was going to be a new (catgirl) game announcement. *sigh*

#27310 SPORK94  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:09 AM

I'm actually debating what to pick up for extras right now.  Going to pick up a spare 1000 and 2000 model, but is the God Eater Fenrir model worth an extra $30-40?  :-k

You can buy some LE backplates on Ebay or Alibaba.

#27311 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1308 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:57 PM

Poor Vita thread ended up on page 2....

Can anybody recommend a Vita screen protector for the 2000 series? How about a carrying case?

#27312 elessar123  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:49 PM

Can anybody recommend a Vita screen protector for the 2000 series? How about a carrying case?

I use the Hori screen protector, but it's not readily available any more.

For cases, the Amazon Basics case is what we have (though I also have the Best Buy one for the Vita 1000, and they're pretty much identical). Do note that it's a case for protection, not for playing while it's in the case. It's semi-hard shell, and somewhat bulky.

#27313 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1308 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:16 PM

Thanks. I think I'll get the Amazon basics and the Akwox brand screen protector on Amazon.

#27314 RagManX   Complete Doofus CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:53 PM

I have https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B01GYPB1HU/ on both of mine. Very happy with the glass.

#27315 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1308 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:38 PM

I have https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B01GYPB1HU/ on both of mine. Very happy with the glass.

Cool. Thanks. That's the brand I was looking at.

#27316 Tothoro  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:13 AM

Since Vita manufacturing is ending I decided to finally pull the trigger on the DQ Metal Slime edition. Found a like new one for $260.

Sxmz5o0.jpg

Arrived immaculate. It's also got shrinkwrap on it, but my previous JP Vita didn't even have a sticker to seal it. Anyone know if that's something specific to the DQ edition or if it was added after the fact?

#27317 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   946 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:53 AM

That's a good price. Where did you buy it from?

#27318 Tothoro  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:21 AM

That's a good price. Where did you buy it from?

It was a third-party seller on Amazon (US). There are still some up that are actually cheaper than what I got, but this one was listed as "Like New" and had actual pictures of the box in the listing.

#27319 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:21 AM

Since Vita manufacturing is ending I decided to finally pull the trigger on the DQ Metal Slime edition. Found a like new one for $260.

Good deal!

I had the same thought, so I ended up buying a Minecraft Special Edition (Amazon.co.jp exclusive) for ¥23,148 (~$210) plus shipping. Got a Piranha Plant Amiibo while I was at it since they appear to be sold out everywhere in the US.

#27320 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2085 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:10 PM

I've got two vita 1000 models. i really need to get around to picking up one of the 2000 models 

#27321 Tweeg  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:03 PM

#27322 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:00 PM

I'll repeat what I said in the LRG thread: Using some of the last Vita carts on more run-of-the-mill, carbon-copy Kemco RPGs makes me sad.

#27323 Tweeg  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:17 AM

It could've been worse, LRG could've bought the rights to all of LJN's old titles and re-released them one game per cart.

#27324 Tothoro  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:55 AM

It could've been worse, LRG could've bought the rights to all of LJN's old titles and re-released them one game per cart.

They seem to be doing that with SNK games instead.

#27325 Ness3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   436 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:57 PM

I am looking to get a Vita. What would be a good deal to look out for? And US or JPN Vita? Thanks! 

#27326 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6260 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

I'll repeat what I said in the LRG thread: Using some of the last Vita carts on more run-of-the-mill, carbon-copy Kemco RPGs makes me sad.

i know... what a waste. ppl actually paying 30 bucks for 1 old/mobile game.

#27327 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6939 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:24 PM

I am looking to get a Vita. What would be a good deal to look out for? And US or JPN Vita? Thanks! 

US or JPN, both systems have full language selections, so that's not really an issue. You do have the X/O swap issue, but if you've ever imported, or played across different platforms, it's not a big issue, You can also swap those buttons in the settings, but most games get recognized by the system, and adjust the buttons to the games region of origin.

I've owned three different units in total, two US 1000's and my final is the blue/white Japanese 2000 and it's easily my favorite of the bunch. I am considering getting another white 1000 again(probably be an import, as US is to high), so I can have one of each. So it really comes down to which unit you can get the better deal for, and if it's used or new. 

I think Japan has the better prices for new currently, as they still have new stock at some places. Where new for the US is rather high, as production stopped here years ago. Buying used is probably better for US models, as it's easier to return if you get a unit under expectations. Great system either way, and you can't go wrong with import or domestic, or new or used, so long as you get one in proper condition, for a proper price.

#27328 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2164 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:27 PM

that's a good thing.
snk games are the best

#27329 Tothoro  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:24 AM

that's a good thing.
snk games are the best

I think it's a good thing they're printing the SNK games, but the point I was making is that they're printing each one individually instead of doing a collection like NISA did for the PS4 and Switch. But considering they're re-releasing Jak 1-3 as three separate releases, I suppose that's kind of their strategy now.

#27330 hohle  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:14 PM

And just like that the PS Vita thread goes out with a whimper…

I received Persona Dancing Deluxe Twin Plus from Play Asia yesterday. It's a really impressive set, especially when compared to the PS4 Endless Night set.